#2 Arbitrum Open Governance Call (31.05.2023)

Hey,
first of all sorry for such a late notice. As announced already on the #1 Arbitrum Open Governance Call four weeks ago, we’ll meet once again tomorrow for the #2 call.

The call will take place again on Google Meet: meet.google.com/ouo-uskg-niq tomorrow at 4pm UTC (same as last time). The agenda will be provided tomorrow before the call. If there are any topics that you would like to cover during this call, don’t hesitate to propose in this thread.

This time I will try to record the call and publish it later on for a public review, so please keep that in mind.

I’ve created the public Arbitrum Governance calendar for our events. I have already there all the upcoming Open Governance Calls for the foreseeable future, I will also keep updating it with any events that might be of interest for Arbitrum Governance community (like vote deadlines, group meeting etc.).

Hope to see you all tomorrow at that link and am really sorry for the short notice. Please spread out the word so that all interested community members could join!

21 Likes

Wonderful Krzysztof, thank you for organizing. Looking forward to it tomorrow.

It looks like we’ll be covering a number of the same subjects from the first call. I’ll push it around for some increased visibility.

Also, is it possible to enable the guest list in the calendar so that we can keep a record of attendees?

4 Likes

Also, is it possible to enable the guest list in the calendar so that we can keep a record of attendees?

I think I’ve changed it, please check it out. If it’s still not working please DM me at TG (@kaereste) so we can sync on how to do it properly.

Thanks!

5 Likes

Thanks for organising this will try to be there!

6 Likes

Will do my best to be there!

10 Likes

Finally a calendar :pray:

Looking forward to attending!
How can I get a calendar invite?

There is a link to the calendar:

So at the bottom right hand side, there is an option to “+Google Calendar”. It’ll subscribe to the calendar and then you can view it.

6 Likes

Thanks @krst for setting this up, it’s 2 hour until the call, any update on the agenda - Looking forward to it!

6 Likes

Hey,
for today’s call I propose the following agenda:

1. Introduction
  2. AIP-1.1 and AIP-1.2 - what about onchain voting? What’s the progress? Should we do anything?
  3. Updates from the Foundation
  4. Open discussion regarding the active forum topics
  5. Questions + Open Mic

This time I wasn’t able to prepare specific topics, so we’ll rather keep it in a form of an open discussion.

See everybody soon!

6 Likes

I’m going to have to miss the call last minute, can we make sure to record this one?

Edit: nevermind I see that op mentioned recording it

6 Likes

Hello.

Could you please add the date in the post ? I am browsing this from mobile and unfortunately post dates are displayed as “1d ago” which makes it tricky to guess the date of a given event especially in different timezones.

Thanks.

1 Like

Sure, good point, I’ve modified it and will keep it like that in the future!

4 Likes

First of all, huge thanks to everyone that showed up yesterday during our Open Governance Call!

You can find the recording of the discussion here: #2 Arbitrum Open Governance Call (2023-05-31 18:04 GMT+2) - Google Drive

The next one is planned for 28.06.2023, you can find all the subsequent ones in the our public calendar . I will try to add to this calendar all Arbitrum Governance related events, so if there are any - please let me know!

Till next time!

8 Likes

thanks !!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Looking forward for more governance calls and boosting the arbitrum ecosystem.

1 Like

On behalf of the SeedLatam delegation, I am delighted to share that both @cattin and I had the privilege of participating in this truly remarkable Open Governance Call. We collected the opinions based on this call to created this Minuta below.

Arbitrum Governance Call 31.05

Attendance: 24 People

Agenda

1. Introduction
  2. AIP-1.1 and AIP-1.2 - what about onchain voting? What’s the progress? Should we do anything?
  3. Updates from the Foundation
  4. Open discussion regarding the active forum topics
  5. Questions + Open Mic

AIP-1 and AIP-2

• Background work is being done to enable the proposal to be made on-chain (e.g., auditing the vesting contract).
  • It should be ready this week.
  • A delegate with the minimum % is needed to submit the proposal - Kryz volunteers.

Foundation Updates

• They will soon publish the grants program, aiming to complement any DAO program.
  • They are hiring people. It was mentionabout at least 3 more director.
  • Opportunities for economic compensation for contributions to the DAO are being explored - not everyone knows this is possible, so better communication is needed.
  • There was a discussion on how to involve more people in the DAO.

Open discussion on active forum topics

• There is concern about the low number of users able to propose an AIP, which gives “centralization vibes” and leads to apathy when voting.
  • The filtering process for publishing AIPs is being discussed, exploring ways to make constitutional AIPs more visible for easier interaction with the forum.
  • Different avenues for experimentation, such as quadratic funding and retro funding, are compared.
  • Discussions are held regarding different grants DAO programs, trying to determine the most suitable one (the following were recommended: https://messari.io/report/state-of-dao-funding and https://questbook.mirror.xyz/B-DCvez3OGGTJ7dYM2oXndXvjeOmxYC3Tp2fOZvZfvI)

Conclusion

In this session, we had the opportunity to engage in meaningful discussions, exchange valuable insights, and collaborate with experts from various fields. The ideas and perspectives shared during the call have undoubtedly enriched our understanding of open governance.

4 Likes

I am impressed with this new progress for the creation of a DAO. Let’s go Arbitrum!