Arbitrum Offsite format: online vs IRL

Thanks for the question @jameskbh

I think in essence both proposals are rather different, but it might not make sense to fund them both at this point in time.

Where I see the difference:

Objective:

• Hack Humanity requests funding for delivering events and a yearly salary for Klaus, where the focus is on the IRL component.
  • RnDAO’s proposal focuses on a strategic process of alignment (which could be piloted fully online or mixed online and IRL, as per the delegates’ choice). In that sense, the deliverables of our proposal are about strategic alignment. The event part is a tool to achieve strategic alignment, not the core deliverable.

Scope:

• Hack Humanity is proposing multiple events, and each event with the same recurring format of 3 days that include Panels, AMAs, Tracks, etc. In that sense it’s more of a series of hackathons following what they did for GovHack. Also, the GovHack Core is planned for events of 3 full days.
  • RnDAO is focused on a single initiative with a narrower focus on strategic alignment. In that sense, we offer a shorter-term engagement that can then be renewed or not, iterated, etc. The format is flexible and will be decided via a snapshot vote this coming week. If IRL is selected, we’ve also focused on shorter events to ensure delegates can more easily accommodate them.

Budget:
Hard to compare as we’re talking about different things

I hope this helps the discussion

1 Like