Hey everyone, excited to announce the start of Orange DAO’s Arbitrum partnership structure starting with our Orange Fellowship program tailored for Arbitrum builders.
Orange DAO is in its 3rd Orange Fellowship season, and we want to kick off an exclusive program on Arbitrum to support web3 founders.
The Orange Fellowship is an extensive 10 week program launched to find the next web3 unicorn, and is led by one of the largest communities of YC and web3 founders:
- 100k in funding per project
- A 10-week intensive sprint
- 1:1 mentorship with Y Combinator alumni
- Weekly accountability sessions with Group Partners (similar to YC during the batch)
- Extensive venture fundraising support from 1000+ angels & 300+ funds
- Full Orange DAO Member Status and access to Orange DAO’s founders
Application deadline for Season 3: 11/30/23
All web3 related projects are encouraged to apply - this means gaming, DeFi, infrastructure, you name it. Projects are eligible for consideration as long as there is a strong value proposition.
This is only the beginning of a larger Arbitrum specific program by Orange DAO to help incubate and foster innovation within the Arbitrum DAO.
Open Q/A and Office Hours
We will be hosting our first Office Hour session on 11/30/23 at 4pm - 5pm CST. Any Season 3 applicants that attend Office Hours will receive priority treatment for their application.
Office Hours link: Video call link: https://meet.google.com/ykk-cptt-xqz
Or dial: (US) +1 405-592-3025 PIN: 163 374 232#
This is a chance to ask questions regarding Season 3 fellowship, future fellowships, and for general feedback regarding startups / incubation.
Orange DAO mentors:
- Don Ho (Founder of Quantstamp / Orange DAO General Partner)
- Ishan Goyal (Head of DeFi at Sivo (YC W21) and Partnerships at Orange DAO)
- Dan Peng (Ecosystem Partnerships at Orange DAO and Co-founder at Vela Exchange)
You can also join our Orange DAO x Arbitrum Telegram here: Telegram: Join Group Chat
How do projects apply?
Navigate to https://Orange DAO.xyz/ and fill out our application. We will be in touch to walk through next steps that will include a 1:1 pitch session and follow up due diligence.
The deadline for season 3 is on 11/30/23 (soon!) but Orange DAO intends on creating infrastructure with the Arbitrum DAO for future programs.
Future initiatives are shared below for consideration and DAO discussion.
About Orange DAO
Orange DAO is the largest founder community of 1500+ YC and Orange DAO-backed founders building and investing in the future of crypto. We seek to build, accelerate, and mentor the leading repeat founders in the Web3 ecosystem.
Cool facts about us:
- Orange DAO has invested in 150+ companies including Goldfinch, Decrypt, Alliance DAO, Zero Dev, Fun.xyz, Vela Exchange, Inco Network, and Frens
- Our fellowship program receives over 1000 applications per cycle
- Orange founders have graduated to accelerators such as YC and a16z CSS
- Founders have raised >$150M in previous ventures spanning 11 different countries
The Future of Orange DAO x Arbitrum
The following items are in draft stage, and are being discussed between Orange DAO partners and Arbitrum stakeholders.
We highly encourage feedback from Arbitrum DAO community members and wish to bring the full strength of Orange DAO to support growth initiatives across Arbitrum’s ecosystem.
Innovation Pitch Days sponsored by Orange DAO
Orange DAO would like to proposal biweekly pitch days operated by a roundtable of Orange DAO partners and potentially ArbitrumDAO representatives with the goal of providing live feedback to applicants and directing teams towards immediate funding opportunities through Orange DAO’s fellowship program / other network partners, or through the ArbitrumDAO.
The target audience for Innovation Pitch Days are projects in early MVP / POC stages or earlier, with the goal of providing mentorship and paths to early funding opportunities.
While the program centers around bimonthly pitch days, the program also aims to set up the following for Arbitrum:
- A fast-track path to Orange DAO fellowship, an intensive 10 week accelerator program funded directly by the DAO
- Access to other incubators and early investors both from the Orange DAO network and Arbitrum ecosystem
- Follow-on opportunities for continued mentorship and fundraising
Digital and onsite hackathons with given problem sets for potential funding and fellowship. Onsite events will be hosted at major conferences (ie Consensus, Token 2049, DevConnect, Eth Paris, etc) or at Orange DAO nodes (SF, NYC).
A combined force effort between multiple incubators, Arbitrum DAO community members, and projects to create a long term program offering to startups looking to build in the Arbitrum ecosystem.
- Funding pathways via VC / incubator / private networks
- Access to 10s of incubator programs
- Shark tank ‘like’ events
- Collaborative grants
- And more…