[Arbitrum Android Mobile App] [FINAL] [STIP - Round 2]

# SECTION 1: APPLICANT INFORMATION

Provide personal or organizational details, including applicant name, contact information, and any associated organization. This information ensures proper identification and communication throughout the grant process.

Applicant Name: Hervé Hababou
Project Name: Arbitrum Android Mobile App

Project Description:

In order to reach new users, we propose to launch a mobile application for Android phones that would be focused on Arbitrum. Contrary to other apps where Arbitrum is just another chain or where it needs complicated configuration, this app will be working on Arbitrum by default. We have already started building the application and we are requesting a grant for its marketing launch.

The app includes the following features:

• Wallet : Generate a new wallet OR Import existing wallet with a seed phrase
  • On-ramp with credit card with Arbitrum token selection)
  • WalletConnect v2 to integrate with Dapps
  • Token (natif, ERC20, NFT) transfer
  • Autodiscovery of user’s token & up to date price (coingecko data) information.
  • Transaction history
  • Biometric protection
  • Swap (using Paraswap Integration)

Team Members and Qualifications:

Hervé Hababou: CEO of GetVerso software. Responsible for launching the Verso mobile app with more than 50K users, see https://get-verso.com

[Hervé Hababou - Founder - Verso | LinkedIn]

Vidal Chriqui: CTO of GetVerso software. Responsible for building the Verso mobile app working on 200+ mobile devices. The UX research had been presented at ETHCC5 ([https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO7mqa_sSpE])

[https://www.linkedin.com/in/vidal-chriqui/]

Project Links:

Screenshot of Brand New Arbitrum mobile app under construction

### Contact Information

TG: @hervebtu
Twitter: @versowallet

Do You Acknowledge That Your Team Will Be Subject to a KYC Requirement?: Yes

# SECTION 2: GRANT INFORMATION

Detail the requested grant size, provide an overview of the budget breakdown, specify the funding and contract addresses, and describe any matching funds if relevant.

Requested Grant Size: 100 000 ARB

Grant Breakdown: Each user that has downloaded the application and imported a non-empty wallet, will be granted 10 ARB. It will be available for the first 10 000 users.

Funding Address: 0xB9fd3B5E3C84C59d6864B2C79F1D5DeABBC9188c

Funding Address Characteristics: 2/3 multisig

Contract Address:
For distributing incentives, we will use Galxe (or similar platform) and we will provide contract address and user counts in the bi-weekly report

# SECTION 3: GRANT OBJECTIVES AND EXECUTION

Clearly outline the primary objectives of the project and the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) used to measure success. This helps reviewers understand what the project aims to achieve and how progress will be assessed.

Objectives: Get over 10 000 happy mobile users of the Arbitrum chain

Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Number of non-empty Arbitrum wallets exceeds 10 000

How will receiving a grant enable you to foster growth or innovation within the Arbitrum ecosystem?: Mobile access and good UX is a key enabler to more DeFi & Gaming usage within the ecosystem.

Justification for the size of the grant: Grant is reasonable considering the engineering investment we are making and the fact users get all the ARB tokens.

Execution Strategy: We will be using our existing infrastructure and partners including Paraswap and Covalent.

Grant Timeline: 2 months

Do you accept the funding of your grant streamed linearly for the duration of your grant proposal, and that the multisig holds the power to halt your stream? Yes

# SECTION 4: PROTOCOL DETAILS

Provide details about the Arbitrum protocol requirements relevant to the grant. This information ensures that the applicant is aligned with the technical specifications and commitments of the grant.

Is the Protocol Native to Arbitrum?: Yes, application will work only on Arbitrum

On what other networks is the protocol deployed?: N/A

What date did you deploy on Arbitrum?: Project started on July 23

Protocol Performance: n/a

Protocol Roadmap: Full working v1 Arbitrum Android application

# SECTION 5: Data and Reporting

Provide details on how your team is equipped to provide data and reporting on grant distribution.

Is your team prepared to create Dune Dashboards for your incentive program?: Yes, with pleasure

Does your team agree to provide bi-weekly program updates on the Arbitrum Forum thread? Yes, with pleasure

Does your team acknowledge that failure to comply with any of the above requests can result in the halting of the program’s funding stream?: Yes

4 Likes

I support this grant, as an accessible means of using the chain is far more likely to facilitate user growth on Arbitrum than handing the same 100,000 ARB to a large project.

My concern however, which is not covered by the proposal, is that some means of Sybil resistance will be required to prevent gaming of the incentive system. How do you propose to prevent the incentive being drained by a person creating many accounts? Will the app require linking to a mobile phone number (better than nothing, but still heavily game-able as they are available in bulk for verifications at less than 10 ARB each) or perhaps KYC (which to many potential users carries its own privacy and identity theft concerns)?

1 Like

Thank you @ArbitrusMaximus for your support !

First, let me say our incentives are fully aligned. If we do all this engineering work to get only a few users, that would be very bad for us.

So we have planned for a Sybil resistance strategy based on socials. Of course, we will not require any KYC.

Providing the actual details might reveal too much of the strategy to the people who are going to try to game it.

Hope this answers your great question.

2 Likes

TBH I don’t see value in this proposal. It looks to be like any other wallet with just a really terrible UI that would be unusable for the average web2 user.

Anything new needs to improve on existing UX and UI issues, which this does not. So funding its adoption seems senseless when funding should go to platforms that are delivering innovation.

2 Likes

Thanks for your comments. Could you please explain what you think is terrible in the proposed UI ? Is it the dark mode ? Any hint to what you would consider good UI or UX please ?

thank you

2 Likes

Unlisting until Stable Labs gives us direction to make Round 2 Applications Public.

made it final
PS:
you can try the app here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.verso.arbitrum

2 Likes

We reached over 10 000 downloads. Can you please provide feedback on STIP ?

3 Likes

Congratulations on 10k downloads.

Has every user imported a non-empty wallet too?

2 Likes

We have not started the campaign since this proposal did not get approved yet.

2 Likes

Ohh sad to hear that.

Best of luck with LTIPP, hopefully your hardwork will be rewarded there.

4 Likes

I not can import my private wallet :(((
Something wrong with this app.
App is mega cool meny tools Arbitrum but Import Wallet is not possible :((((

2 Likes

Hi I have a question? Is it possible to import a wallet with a private key? Because i don’t have secret words phrase. I have only private key.
Is possible import wallet only if i have private key ???

i am sorry. this is not possible on this version. you may want to try desktop wallets.

Thank you for information.I try meny time now and is not possible.Wallet generatie different wallet adress from my private key.

It would be nice if this option worked in a mobile wallet

Kind regards Herve

1 Like