Arbitrum DAO Grants Domain Allocator Nominations

Hello everyone! I’d like to submit my nomination for ‘Education, Community Growth and Events’

1. Name: jengajojo
  2. Forum username: @jengajojo
  3. Twitter link
  4. What is your experience in the interested domain? Please share links and supporting information. Do you have experience running in any other grant programs?

I have been a builder in this exact domain since 2021, helping onboard the next billion folks to web3 via BanklessDAO. The DAO produces 50-70 multimedia content pieces each month with 100-200K views globally along with dedicate education courses such as Bankless Academy. I have also served 6 months on the Grants committee where I have received over 50 applications in this exact domain. Finally as an active governor in several DAOs, I often post public comments about these initiatives. All these initiatives are run in a DAO native way, where there is no central legal entity pulling the strings or staging DAO theatre.

1: International Media Nodes Website

A global education incubator to onboard folks from around the world to web3 via multimedia and multi-lingual content. Each month we produce 40-60 written articles in 10-15 non english languages and gather between 15-20,000 views. Latest proposal

This initiative not only helps educate folks, but also inspires them to build their own communities such as

2: Global Events Check out our youtube playlist here

From creating side events at conferences around the world, to hosting panel discussions, interviewing builders and offering free tickets to members, we have engaged contributors from 6 different continents to host events with local resources at a shoe string budget of less than 5000 USD/quarter
Latest Proposal

3 Here are links to my forum profiles in the DAOs where I am active: BanklessDAO, 1inchDAO, Gitcoin, VitaDAO, AAVE, Optimism, Arbitrum. I often create public comments on grant requests under this domain which have proven to be helpful for all these DAOs. Finally, I have also served as a Grants Committiee member and reviewer for 6 months at BanklessDAO where i engaged in review as well as grants strategy, the output can be found here

1. What would you like to see built on Arbitrum in your domain and what a good grant proposal looks like for you

Generally, crypto is adopted fastest in places where the existing system is unable to meet the needs of the population, hence I’d like to see applications from the global south such as builders in Latam and Africa

Events and Community:

Workshops and training sessions, networking events, hackathons and competitions. Events which combines social causes with crypto such as those being organised by https://twitter.com/web3beach are a great way to get folks who need crypto the most, also get interested in the topic while creating social impact.

Education:

Online courses and tutorials, animated educational videos in many languages, coding bootcamps, certification programs and educational blogs and articles.

In my opinion a good proposal has 2 key elements

a. The proposer is able to provide proof of work, either from other sponsors or their own initiaitves.
b. Clear KPIs and milestones focused on reach, views and engagement

1. Time commitment - You need to commit at least 15 hours of your time per week as a domain allocator, and what is the expected Turn Around Time (TAT) that the builders can expect from you?

I am available to dedicate this time and TAT is 48 hours during weekdays.

1. Declaration of Conflict of Interest

I would like to disclose that I am involved in governance at several DAOs but I am not part of any formal grants committee or other formal funding allocation entities in these DAOs

12 Likes