Arbitrum DAO Grants Domain Allocator Nominations

We’re excited to share that we’re opening up nominations for the Arbitrum DAO grants domain allocators. With reference to Delegated Domain Allocation by Questbook - Arbitrum DAO Grants, we propose community members self-nominate themselves for becoming domain allocators for the following domains:

1. Gaming
  2. Developer Tooling on NOVA
  3. New Protocol Ideas
  4. Education, Community Growth and Events

Nomination Process

To be considered a candidate for a domain allocator for any of the above-listed domains, we invite community members to self-nominate themselves by replying to this post and sharing the following details in their replies:

1. Name:
  2. Your forum username:
  3. Twitter:
  4. What is your experience in the interested domain? Please share links and supporting information. Do you have experience running in any other grant programs?
  5. What would you like to see built on Arbitrum in your domain and what a good grant proposal looks like for you
  6. Time commitment - You need to commit at least 15 hours of your time per week as a domain allocator, and what is the expected Turn Around Time (TAT) that the builders can expect from you?
  7. Declaration of Conflict of Interest

Guidelines

1. If you have any questions/queries related to the domain allocator selection process, please comment below or DM Saurabh on Twitter.
  2. We request community members to nominate themselves for a particular domain in order to ensure fairness and diversity in the selection process.
  3. The nominations will be open for two weeks. After the nomination period, the domain allocators for each domain will be elected through a community-wide Snapshot vote
  4. The nomination period begins on August 7th at 3 pm EST, and the last date for nominations will be August 21st at 3 pm EST.
  5. The Snapshot vote will commence on August 23rd and will remain on Snapshot for community voting for one week.

Domain Allocator Roles & Responsibilities:

The following will be the roles and responsibilities of the selected domain allocators.

1. Time commitment per week: Maximum of 25 hours per week for the program manager and 15 hours per week for the domain allocator, which might vary based on the number of applications. The program manager will ensure that the workload is evenly distributed

2. Program Manager:

1. Communication:

1. Work with the Arbitrum team and the elected domain allocators to create and list out the necessary RFPs
      2. Identify key areas and relevant ecosystem partners who will co-fund grants alongside Arbitrum
      3. Create marketing content for communicating RPFs to the builders
      4. Coordinate between Arbitrum team and the community regarding cohort announcement and funding requirements
      5. Communicate the information regarding approval/rejection of proposals to the Arbitrum community regularly
      6. Attend community calls, actively participate in the community forum, and keep the community updated and take their feedback on the program
      7. Regularly update the progress of the grants program to the Arbitrum community over Discord and community calls
      8. Bi-weekly reporting of key metrics of the grants program and each selected project such as:
      Metric Details
      Names and summary of accepted proposals Total number of proposals that have been accepted by each domain allocator along with the proposal summary
      Grant Amount Disbursed Names of the proposal that have been awarded a grant amount along with the proposal summary and grant amount
      Milestone Completion Rate Each team should have a clear set of milestones and deliverables that they need to achieve. Program manager will share the status on milestone completion for each project
      User Engagement Number of users onboarded by a grantee onto their project
      TVL TVL (if applicable) of selected projects
      Project Completion Rates Number and names of projects who have completed all milestones
      Growth in community engagement Measured by number of followers of the project across different social media platforms, Discord community members
      External Funding Number of projects that have raised follow on capital after getting a grant from Arbitrum
    2. Grants Program:

1. Source good-quality proposals from developer communities
      2. Sign the transactions for the approved projects
      3. Ensure a quick turnaround time for proposers regarding their proposal decision
      4. Coordinate between the domain allocators to ensure that the workload is evenly distributed and take their feedback consistently
  3. Domain Allocator:

1. Review proposals received for their domains based on the rubrics set by the domain allocator
    2. Reject/Approve proposals and coordinate consistently with the program manager
    3. Source applications by reaching out to developer communities in their network
    4. Discuss program improvements with the other domain allocators and program manager during scheduled meetings

We welcome comments from all the community members after which the domain allocator for each domain will be selected via a community-wide Snapshot vote.

23 Likes

Hello everybody!
I am here to apply as domain allocator for the “New Protocol Ideas”.

1. Name: JoJo
  2. Your forum username: JoJo
  3. Twitter: https://twitter.com/jojo17568, Telegram: Telegram: Contact @jojothecow
  4. What is your experience in the interested domain? Please share links and supporting information. Do you have experience running in any other grant programs?
    I currently work for JonesDao, a core and native Arbitrum protocol. Having served as a strategist for over a year, I have assisted in designing and implementing cutting-edge products on Arbitrum. Examples include jGLP (a leveraged version of GLP, the primary liquidity token of GMX), jUSDC (a yield-bearing stablecoin built on top of GLP), and Metavaults (an innovative product that combines LPing with novel option strategies to boost yield). I’ve also worked on mainnet projects such as jAura (an auto-compounded LSD for the Aura token).
    While I don’t have specific experience with the grants program, I possess the expertise to assess a competent team, a promising project, and a groundbreaking idea. I look for individuals who are hungry in the crypto landfield, and driven to bring significant value in a manner that is sustainable. Execution is everything. Even a mediocre idea can evolve into a decent product with optimal execution, whereas a great idea, if poorly executed, will fail to benefit anyone.
  5. What would you like to see built on Arbitrum in your domain and what a good grant proposal looks like for you?
    Based on my personal experience with JonesDao, I believe there’s much to explore about derivatives, especially options. With my background as a volatility trader, I’ve observed what could be seen as flaws in the current models. This is primarily due to the absence of essential data, such as IV, to plug into the models. This key fact, combined with the liquidity model which is inherent unique to crypto, presents untapped opportunities for derivatives. Options should be incorporated within other liquidity products rather than simply being considered as, for example, an addition to a position or an hedge. A novel model rooted in this concept could lead us tovastly improved liquidity efficiency, surpassing what’s currently possible in other financial markets, thanks to the technical capabilities of crypto. The total addressable market for a model like this would be huge.
    Arbitrum, with its speed and minimal costs, is the ideal chain for the adoption of crypto derivatives. I’m very bullish about projects that prioritize and experiment with this primitive, and in general with derivatives. It’s no coincidence that both GMX and Dopex are native projects on Arbitrum.
    A compelling grant proposal should articulate several key points. I’m not only interested in understanding the target audience for the product but also the implementation strategy, liquidity sourcing methods, current technical and design challenges, and the team’s approach to resolving them. Furthermore, the rationale behind choosing one model over another is crucial. A team that lives and breaths a product has to be able to justify every decision made, from brainstorming, design, to implementation.
  6. Time commitment: I plan to commit as much time as it would be needed (so, in this case, at least 15h/week), and to have a low TAT of about 48h.
  7. Declaration of Conflict of Interest: I currently work full time for JonesDao, and I contribute to Aura protocol, so I would recuse myself from any grant request or decision towards these DAO.
12 Likes

Definitely support Mr. Jojo for this - has been a vital part of JonesDAO and has a unique understanding of DeFi.

Warm regards,

Nutoro
CEO of Diamond Pepes Pty Ltd.

9 Likes

Hello everyone! I’d like to submit my nomination for ‘Education, Community Growth and Events’

1. Name: jengajojo
  2. Forum username: @jengajojo
  3. Twitter link

I have been a builder in this exact domain since 2021, helping onboard the next billion folks to web3 via BanklessDAO. The DAO produces 50-70 multimedia content pieces each month with 100-200K views globally along with dedicate education courses such as Bankless Academy. I have also served 6 months on the Grants committee where I have received over 50 applications in this exact domain. Finally as an active governor in several DAOs, I often post public comments about these initiatives. All these initiatives are run in a DAO native way, where there is no central legal entity pulling the strings or staging DAO theatre.

1: International Media Nodes Website

A global education incubator to onboard folks from around the world to web3 via multimedia and multi-lingual content. Each month we produce 40-60 written articles in 10-15 non english languages and gather between 15-20,000 views. Latest proposal

This initiative not only helps educate folks, but also inspires them to build their own communities such as

2: Global Events Check out our youtube playlist here

From creating side events at conferences around the world, to hosting panel discussions, interviewing builders and offering free tickets to members, we have engaged contributors from 6 different continents to host events with local resources at a shoe string budget of less than 5000 USD/quarter
Latest Proposal

3 Here are links to my forum profiles in the DAOs where I am active: BanklessDAO, 1inchDAO, Gitcoin, VitaDAO, AAVE, Optimism, Arbitrum. I often create public comments on grant requests under this domain which have proven to be helpful for all these DAOs. Finally, I have also served as a Grants Committiee member and reviewer for 6 months at BanklessDAO where i engaged in review as well as grants strategy, the output can be found here

1. What would you like to see built on Arbitrum in your domain and what a good grant proposal looks like for you

Generally, crypto is adopted fastest in places where the existing system is unable to meet the needs of the population, hence I’d like to see applications from the global south such as builders in Latam and Africa

Events and Community:

Workshops and training sessions, networking events, hackathons and competitions. Events which combines social causes with crypto such as those being organised by https://twitter.com/web3beach are a great way to get folks who need crypto the most, also get interested in the topic while creating social impact.

Education:

Online courses and tutorials, animated educational videos in many languages, coding bootcamps, certification programs and educational blogs and articles.

In my opinion a good proposal has 2 key elements

a. The proposer is able to provide proof of work, either from other sponsors or their own initiaitves.
b. Clear KPIs and milestones focused on reach, views and engagement

1. Time commitment - You need to commit at least 15 hours of your time per week as a domain allocator, and what is the expected Turn Around Time (TAT) that the builders can expect from you?

I am available to dedicate this time and TAT is 48 hours during weekdays.

1. Declaration of Conflict of Interest

I would like to disclose that I am involved in governance at several DAOs but I am not part of any formal grants committee or other formal funding allocation entities in these DAOs

12 Likes

I will like to nominate myself for the position of the domain allocator in the Education, Community Growth and Events domain for the Arbitrum DAO grants.

1. Oyeniyi Abiola Peace

2. iamoracle

3. _iamoracle

4. My experience in the domain is as follows:

i. Hackathon Achievements and Community Contributions:

ii. Educational Initiatives and Outreach:

• I have been actively educating and advancing awareness in the blockchain community and have served as a DevRel community moderator at Celo.
    • I have written and published over 20 articles and videos simplifying complex web3 concepts and making them accessible to a wider audience.

iii. Leadership:

iv. Project Success and Grants:

5. Vision and Grant Proposal Criteria:

In the Education, Community Growth, and Events domain on Arbitrum, I envision a thriving ecosystem where groundbreaking ideas are nurtured, developed, and realized. A compelling grant proposal within this domain should exhibit the following traits:

• Strong alignment with Arbitrum’s core principles and goals.
  • Innovative use of Arbitrum’s technology to create impactful solutions.
  • A well-structured roadmap with measurable milestones and deliverables.
  • Robust plans for fostering community engagement and user adoption.
  • Potential to drive broader adoption and contribute to the growth of the ecosystem.
  1. Time Commitment and Turnaround:

I am fully dedicated to allocating a minimum of 15 hours per week to fulfill the responsibilities of a domain allocator. My expected Turn Around Time (TAT) for reviewing proposals and providing feedback is 24 hours on weekdays.

1. Declaration of Conflict of Interest:

I am currently the founder of Blockchain Innovation Hub, and we are putting up a grant proposal on the DAO soon.

9 Likes

Sorry. I’m on vacation at this time so I’m submitting via my phone and will keep it to the point.

1. Name: Ceazor
  2. Your forum username: Ceazor
  3. Twitter: @ceazor7
  4. What is your experience in the interested domain? I know defi extremely well.

And interested in new protocol ideas.

1. What would you like to see built on Arbitrum in your domain and what a good grant proposal looks like for you

Someone useful and innovative via a grant prop that is clear, concise, succinct.

1. Time commitment - You need to commit at least 15 hours of your time per week as a domain allocator, and what is the expected Turn Around Time (TAT) that the builders can expect from you

I will try my best to see if 15hours is doable and I good use of that time.

1. Declaration of Conflict of Interest

None that I can think of now

9 Likes

Hi all,

I moved this to the Grants category. It is better suited here as it is specifically chatting about setting up members to work on a grant program.

6 Likes

Hello members of the Arbitrum Foundation Forum and Grants DAO.

Here is my application for the Developer Tooling on NOVA domain allocator role.

1. Name: Juan Diego Oliva

2. Forum username: Juandi

3. Twitter: Feel free to check out my twitter here

Currently the CEO and Co-Founder of Alcancía. Be your own bank infrastructure for the 300M underbanked Latin Americans financially backed by Aave Grants DAO, Compound Grants Program, Celo Community Fund (Prezenti) and one of the biggest web3 investors in the space Outlier Ventures. Throughout my time developing self custodial wallets in Layer-2 infrastructure we have managed to be the only web3 based startup to make a partnership with Mexico’s biggest bank – Banco BBVA, and the only one in the world to integrate into the biggest remittance network (UniTeller) which provides money transfer services to giants like MoneyGram and Western Union.

Aside from my time as an entrepreneur, I also currently help the Worldcoin team launch and expand their operations in Mexico City being an orb operator and hosting more than one third of the country’s sign ups since the project’s launch. Have also been prized 2x from ETH Global Hackathons using Layer-2 infrastructure and WalletConnect in ReFi projects that use hard tech and blockchain to create a rewards system for beer recyclers.

1. What would you like to see built on Arbitrum in your domain and what a good grant proposal looks like for you?

I’d like to first address some of the issues found in DevTooling and documentation throughout the experience of developing a dApp that reduces the learning curve to users:

• Incompatibility with different frameworks and tools. Especially for mobile, most of the times most packages and documentation is not suited for devices that will bring the next 1B users.

• Lack of documentation and tutorials: Self explanatory, but an example we had personally was that we are the only startup to crack and propose a fluent documentation for WalletConnect integration in Flutter. This led us to a win in ETH Global Mexico City.

• Symbiosis between developer communities: DevRel should be considered a priority so that they can get the help and support when they need it.

Arbitrum in comparison to its optimistic rollup frenemy (Optimism) has some things going for it: lower gas fees using multi-round fraud proofs, faster transaction finality, a larger ecosystem and of course more decentralized due to its larger number of validators.

The priority through this domain allocator will be focused on NOVA’s capabilities of higher throughput, extensibility, and the security brought by an AnyTrust chain. As such a grant proposal in DevTooling should focus on contracts, documentation, and DevRel initiatives that promote high-scalability dApps such as but not only towards: Gaming, social dApps (who knows if we find a Lens alternative from this program, DeFi such as perps, derivatives and futures, and/or NFTs)

Proposals should cover the following (and from being a fellow user of Questbook it should be a standard for all Grant Programs to use the following format):

• What are you building (less than 400 characters)

• In which stage is the project currently at?

• Where are you heading with this grant?

• What are your metrics of success?

• Why you?

• Funding disbursement schedule (should look like this)

1. Time commitment: I can commit to more than the 15 hours a week, expect my turn around time of 48 hours with feedback or a follow-up call/interview so we can talk more about your product and proposal.

2. Declaration of Conflict of Interest: Alcancía will not be involved in any grant proposals, hence I will not involve any personal interests towards the Arbitrum DAO grants program.

13 Likes

Your track record speaks for itself, and I’m confident that you’ll excel in delivering impactful results. Wishing you the best in securing the grant!

3 Likes

hey everyone , am applying for Education, Community Growth and Events domain allocator

1. Name ; Steve

2. Your forum username:kingsteve

3. Twitter: steve

I’m pleased to share that I have gained valuable insights and skills through my involvement in various roles and programs.
    I served as an Ambassador Organizer at Gamyfi, where I played a pivotal role in analyzing the quality of educational content. My responsibilities included assessing impressions and ensuring the delivery of high-quality educational materials. This experience has equipped me with a keen eye for content evaluation and a deep understanding of educational standards.
    During my time as a Performance Marketer at Near Star Guild, I honed my skills in detecting irregularities. I successfully utilized tools like Social Blade to identify instances of bot usage or content manipulation among content creators. This experience highlighted the importance of maintaining ethical practices
    My involvement in event management has been equally enriching. I’ve orchestrated numerous events, and I possess a strong grasp of event requirements, key performance indicators (KPIs), and the ability to conduct thorough investigations to ensure the authenticity and success of each event. I’m well-versed in event planning, execution, and assessment.
    Community building and growth are areas where I excel. With proficiency in Google Analytics, email marketing, social media marketing, content marketing, YouTube marketing, and Twitter/X marketing, I possess a diverse skill set to foster vibrant and engaged communities. i have also had experience in participating actively in grant programs like near protocol

5. What would you like to see built on Arbitrum in your domain and what a good grant proposal looks like for you
    Certainly, here’s a breakdown of what I would like to see built on Arbitrum in the Education, Community Growth, and Events domain, along with what constitutes a strong grant proposal:

A. Innovative Educational Platforms: I’m interested in grant proposals that focus on developing interactive and innovative educational platforms that leverage the scalability and efficiency of Arbitrum, offering accessible and engaging learning experiences for users.

B. Vibrant Community Initiatives: Strong grant proposals should outline community-building initiatives that foster engagement, knowledge-sharing, and collaboration among users and developers within the Arbitrum ecosystem, nurturing a vibrant and supportive community.

C. Impactful Events and Workshops: I’d like to see grant proposals that include plans for organizing impactful events, workshops, and webinars that educate, inspire, and bring together participants interested in exploring and utilizing Arbitrum’s capabilities.

D. Clear KPIs and Deliverables:A good grant proposal should articulate well-defined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and deliverables, providing a clear roadmap for measuring the success and impact of the proposed project within the Education, Community Growth, and Events domain.

E. Ecosystem Growth Strategy: Strong proposals should present a well-thought-out strategy for driving ecosystem growth by attracting new users, developers, and stakeholders to participate in the Arbitrum network, thereby expanding its reach and impact.

1. TIME COMMITMENT : i am comfortable allocating 40 hours a week as a domain allocator

7 Declaration of Conflict of Interest ; i have taken part in several dao program but i have never been a dao member

7 Likes

StableLab would like to officially self-nominate ourselves as the Domain Allocator for New Protocol Ideas

Name: StableLab

Forum Username: @Matt_StableLab

Twitter: @StableLab

What is your experience in the interested domain? Please share links and supporting information. Do you have experience running in any other grant programs?

As the industry leader in professional delegation and governance development, we hold extensive hands-on experience having worked with over 20 protocols to onboard contributors and promote initiatives to foster protocol growth.

Some of our past experiences include:

• Serving as a domain allocator on the Compound Grants Committee, where we played a pivotal role in structuring the grants program in collaboration with Questbook. This involvement enabled us to familiarize ourselves with Questbook’s interface, evaluate grants, and successfully distribute over $50k in grant funding.
  • We are the Governance Facilitator at Euler DAO where we foster the growth of the DAO by implementing strong operational processes and liaising with various external service providers.
  • As Co-lead of the Uniswap Accountability Committee, we have been entrusted with evaluating new proposals related to cross-chain deployments and alternate deployments for the Uniswap protocol. This valuable experience has strengthened our ability to assess new initiatives and ensure their adherence to commitments.
  • Our previous role as the operations lead at Element Finance allowed us to actively contribute to building the infrastructure for Element DAO. Throughout this endeavor, we engaged with external providers to tailor their services for Element Finance, involving activities such as reviewing grant proposals and providing expert recommendations for amendments to create successful proposals.

List of governance delegates and roles currently (or previously) held by StableLab.

View all our proposals, votes, and milestones at stablelab.xyz /governance.

What would you like to see built on Arbitrum in your domain and what a good grant proposal looks like for you?

What we would like to see

As Arbitrum continues to improve blockchain scalability, it is important to continue to innovate on how we as a community can help bring more users, ideas, and liquidity, to Arbitrum. We would like to see experiments that help to align incentives between users, contributors, developers, and protocols. This will allow for a better experience for all members of the community and further the success of Arbitrum.

Some examples of experiments we think can improve Arbitrum are:

• Initiatives that help align incentives either economically or socially for groups and organizations
  • Innovative on/off ramps and bridges to streamline user onboarding onto the Arbitrum network
  • Applications that improve user experience and attract web2 users
  • Initiatives that enhance the safety and efficiency of Arbitrum’s governance

What a good proposal looks like

We expect a successful grant application to demonstrate the following characteristics:

Clear milestones and timelines

It can sometimes be hard to know if a grantee is fulfilling their promises. This is why it is crucial to have clear milestones and timelines to assure the grantee is making progress and staying on track to complete the grant instead of running away with the money.

Granular explanations for the amount of funding requested

To prevent overspending by the DAO, it’s crucial to have a clear understanding of how the grant money will be allocated. Grant applications should have a detailed breakdown of their budgets including the number of contributors, anticipated hours of work, infrastructure costs, development costs, and any additional costs. This level of transparency will assure the DAO that the funds will be utilized effectively and for the intended purpose.

Consistent communication with the community

Grantees are encouraged to foster transparency within the community, sharing regular updates and soliciting feedback. This practice not only strengthens the bond between grantees and the community but also presents an invaluable opportunity for grantees to receive valuable insights from the DAO. Stay connected and informed!

Clear value-add to the ecosystem

Each grant application must clearly articulate the positive impact their project will have on the Arbitrum Ecosystem. This not only justifies their eligibility for DAO funds but also reflects their commitment to advancing the ecosystem’s growth and development.

Time commitment - You need to commit at least 15 hours of your time per week as a domain allocator, and what is the expected Turn Around Time (TAT) that the builders can expect from you?

We are fully committed to dedicating a minimum of 15 hours per week as a Domain Allocator. In the extremely unlikely event that @Matt_StableLab is unable to fulfill the required hours, our team of dedicated governance specialists at StableLab will step in to ensure the work gets done. We expect our TAT to be prompt and expect to get back to builders within 48 hours.

Declaration of Conflict of Interest

Through our holding company, we have invested in multiple projects to advance growth and governance for them. See the full list here.

We contribute to various protocols’ governance, such as MakerDAO, Optimism, Aave, 1inch, Balancer, and Element. See the full list here.

When applicable, we will disclose potential conflicts of interest in our rationale.

10 Likes

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to nominate myself for Domain Allocator of “Gaming”

• Name: Jeremy
  • Your forum username: jerame20
  • Twitter: https://twitter.com/jerame30
  • What is your experience in the interested domain? Please share links and supporting information.

Gaming has been an integral part of my life, fueling my passion for innovation within the field. I’ve not only been an avid gamer for years but have also ventured into simple game development during my education and early years. While my initial projects were basic, they ignited my fascination with game theory and development.

I firmly believe that the next groundbreaking innovation in the crypto space, capable of onboarding millions, will emerge from gaming. I see tremendous potential in platforms like Arbitrum, Nova, and eventually Orbit to facilitate this evolution.

• Do you have experience running in any other grant programs?

Although I haven’t directly been involved in managing grant programs, my past roles have equipped me with valuable skills. I’ve successfully led teams, handled budgets, and managed projects with efficiency. This meant collaborating with different groups and handling multiple tasks at once. My ability to lead teams and navigate complex projects puts me in a strong position to excel in similar situations.

Outside of this I am a “crypto native”, active on Arbitrum almost exclusively for the last 18 months. I am involved in multiple dao’s and governance programs in various capacities - Sector finance, Jones dao, Camelot, and others.

• What would you like to see built on Arbitrum in your domain and what a good grant proposal looks like for you

Anything and everything - I want to see some novel off the wall mechanics that never occurred to me! I want arbitrum to be the place where new crazy game innovation takes place, developers should be excited to apply to build their dream game here and have the full support and encouragement of the foundation and the grants committee. At the same time we shouldn’t forget the success that have already launched on this platform and existing success stories like Treasure DAO will find a partner in me to help them reach new levels.

A strong grant proposal should articulate a clear vision of the proposed project, demonstrating how it leverages Arbitrum’s strengths to deliver value to gamers. It should outline the technical details, including how the project utilizes Arbitrum’s scalability and cost-effectiveness. Moreover, the proposal should highlight the potential impact on user experience, innovation, and adoption within the gaming community.

A robust plan for development, testing, and deployment, along with a sustainable business model, will enhance the credibility of the proposal.

Overall, the proposal should showcase a deep understanding of both the gaming industry and Arbitrum’s capabilities, demonstrating how the project can elevate gaming experiences within the Arbitrum ecosystem.

• Time commitment - You need to commit at least 15 hours of your time per week as a domain allocator, and what is the expected Turn Around Time (TAT) that the builders can expect from you?

I’m absolutely capable of dedicating a minimum of 15 hours and up to 30 hours per week to this role.

I will consistently aim for the shortest possible turnaround time. I plan to establish outreach and continuous communication strategies to ensure that applicants are well-informed throughout every stage of the process. Personally, I believe time is of the essence, and we should be making every effort to expedite developer hours while also reducing inefficiencies and misallocations.

Applicants can expect a TAT of less than 48 hours in most cases.

• Declaration of Conflict of Interest

I have financial stakes in various Arbitrum native protocols and projects. In the event that I encounter a grant proposal related to a project in which I hold a financial interest, I am committed to seeking guidance from the program administrator. If deemed necessary, I will recuse myself from participating in any decisions related to said project.

Thankyou for your time and consideration for this position, I am excited to help builders as we endeavor together to make Arbitrum the most used and best level 2 (and 3) on Ethereum

8 Likes

Hello All,

We are here to apply as a domain allocator for the Gaming sub-domain.

1. Name: IDEA2IDO Investing

2. Forum username: IDEA2IDO

3. Twitter: @idea2ido

Who we are

We are an investment and incubation company, and the domain allocator’s JD is exactly what we do. We have been reviewing and identifying projects using our in-house rubric since 2018. It all started very organically at the beginning and eventually our core members came together to establish IDEA2IDO Investing. One of our key ideators (TG handle @awnyrvan) has been an active advisor to Gains Network (one of the top 3 decentralized leverage trading platforms) since its inception. We are also a Harmony ‘foundation node’ investor.

We have been engaged with the crypto gaming industry on a personal as well as on a community-engagement level since 2021. We have been advisors for several gameFi projects - most recent one being a game named Bandzai (https://alpha.bandzai.games/), which is unique in the sense that it is fully on-chain and is on the way to becoming the first ever game to launch on a zkEVM platform. In addition, we have developed our own virtual NFT rental platform (rentmynft.xyz) with a unique and original solution to the problem of automated on-chain scholar management and virtual in-game NFT rental for crypto games.

Interested Domain: Gaming

Experience:

• We have advised a couple of Play2Earn games in 2021 with suggestions on game economics design, community building, connecting the games to the right ecosystem partners, and, in a few cases, helping them obtain grant funds. Most noteworthy was Mochi Market which developed a complete gameFi platform including a launchpad.

• In 2022, we formed and ran the India chapter of an Axie Infinity guild, acquiring and managing scholars for our chapter.

• We have developed a key middleware tech stack that enables virtual NFT rental for any NFT-based on-chain game that integrates our Solidity interface. We expect our technology for virtual NFT-renting to unlock significant adoption for games and gaming guilds. We are essentially well equipped to guide a game from an early stage to the stage of final deployment and adoption.

• We are advising a fully on-chain game launched on Polygon zkEVM Network. This could be one of the first games to launch on this network and is expected to increase on-chain traffic of Polygon zkEVM significantly.

What we would like to see in Arbitrum’s gaming domain:

• Increase in weekly active users: We would like to see game developers come up with games that will bring in more active weekly users to the Treasure ecosystem. Treasure’s ecosystem of interconnected metaverses, users, and assets is a pioneer in interoperability in Web3 gaming, and the system encourages gamers to explore different games. But even though Treasure has achieved remarkable milestones within 2 years of launch, overall, according to data from Dune Analytics, the weekly active users on the Treasure ecosystem seems to be on a decline.

Data from Dune Analytics show that games such as Knights of the Ether,

Realmverse, Toadstoolz, Battlefly, The Lost Donkeys, and The Beacon have all

recently seen declining weekly active users. Furthermore, even though

Bridgeworld and Smolverse were and still are the most popular games in

Treasure, they seem to be following the same trend of decline in weekly active

users.

It would be good to analyze the root cause of this decline and deploy a course correction. There also seem to be several low-traction games in Treasure, which might be weeded out to keep the metaverse consistently exciting to gamers. The Treasure ecosystem deserves to be nurtured, and exciting games need to be courted, acquired, and plugged in.

• Increase in weekly new users: We would like to see new users embracing the ecosystem and becoming active new users. Data from Dune Analytics indicate a fall in weekly new users for several games, including Realmverse, Toadstoolz, Battlefly, The Lost Donkeys, and The Beacon. The popular games Bridgeworld and Smolverse do not escape this trend.

• A focus on Xai Network: I would like to see game developers proposing to build games on Arbitrum’s soon-to-be-launched gaming-focused Xai Network to give their end users a smoother and more frictionless gaming experience with the relatively cheaper and faster transactions that will come with this Layer 3 network. If Xai can provide a more seamless and uninterrupted experience than is currently available to gamers, it could mean a leap for the gaming industry.

Requirements of a good grant proposal:

A grant proposal should outline the main idea behind the project, explain why the organization needs fund money, and demonstrate the need and worthiness of the project. It should include the following information:

• vision, mission, goals, and objectives
  • how the grant funds, if granted, will be used
  • a timeline for completion of the project
  • expected results
  • value and impact of the proposed project, if any
  1. Time commitment and turn-around time:

We can commit to 15 hours per week, and our turn-around time will be 48 hours.

1. Declaration of Conflict of Interest:

We are currently involved with a game named Bandzai. Idea2ido will recuse itself from the grant application process of Bandzai, if it comes to that.

We hope to bring our years of crypto ecosystem experience if selected as domain allocator. Even, otherwise, we are always happy to help and engage and take the Arbitrum ecosystem forward.

4 Likes

Name: Bob Rossi
Your forum username: Bob-Rossi
Twitter: @BobRossiETH
Reddit: u/Bob-Rossi

What is your experience in the interested domain? I am applying for the Gaming Domain. I’ve done a fair amount of gaming in my personal life, as well as tried out projects here and there in the space as the opportunities arose. I think there is potential for gaming to merge with blockchain technology, and Arbitrium’s low fees is something that I think can start to make it more economically feasible as the technology matures. I think I can bring a good balance of perspective when it comes to what makes a successful gaming product that also works well within the benefits and limitations of blockchain technology.

Please share links and supporting information. Do you have experience running in any other grant programs? This would be my first role within a grants committee. I have been participating in and following the crypto space since late 2015. While I don’t have a much technical developer knowledge, I feel I make up for that with my broad blockchain knowledge and general experiences over that time. Included with that is having seen a ton of the projects that have succeeded and failed in the last decade or so and I hope to use what I’ve observed of those events to help projects grow within this grant system. I have dabbled in educational projects as they arose (ETH Merge Write-Ups & Decentralization Education Projects to name a few). This year I expanded my roles in this space by taking on a role as a HOP & ARB delegate, and as a multi-sig signer for the EVMavericks DAO. Through those projects I’ve learned what it takes to make projects work within a decentralized, internet based team.

What would you like to see built on Arbitrum in your domain and what a good grant proposal looks like for you? First, I want to say that I am open to any and all ideas. My goal is not to filter projects into defined boxes, but to give projects a platform to grow their vision. I think the over-arching goals would be to both expand legacy gaming projects into the Arbitrum space, as well as create a place for starter projects to thrive. I’d like to see Blockchain gaming really take that next step into mainstream usage. I think even beyond strictly game building itself, I’d like to see projects that work with legacy media to enhance that experience, things like preservation of media come to mind.

A good grant proposal should include:

• A high-level summary of what is being built
  • Clear and structured roadmap on how to achieve the goals of the project
  • Describe how the project will benefit the Arbitrum / Ethereum / Blockchain space. In that same vein, how this grant can help your project succeed
  • Detailed and transparent breakdown of budget, hours, expected cost.
  • A plus would be a some backstory on the project and why you chose to pursue it!

Time commitment: I can commit to the 15 hours as required by the Domain Allocator role, and look to have a TAT of about 48h.

Declaration of Conflict of Interest: I am a delegate in the HOP and ARB DAOs. I also worked with Saurabh on the Snapshot / Tally voting. Since I am running for a Domain Allocator position, I plan to vote abstain when this vote goes to Snapshot to avoid any conflict of interest.

9 Likes

Hey everyone!

This is dumbird, and I wanted to apply as the domain allocator for
“Education, Community Growth and Events.”

Name: dumbird
Your forum username: realdumbird
Twitter: https://twitter.com/realdumbird

1. What is your experience in the interested domain? Please share links and supporting information. Do you have experience running any other grant programs?

I’m currently a contributor at MUX Protocol, which is a perps trading aggregator that connects MUX native trading protocol, GMX V1 & V2, Gains and multiple trading, LP, analytics and infrastructure protocols, all within the Arbitrum ecosystem.

MUX Protocol on Tally: Tally | Arbitrum delegates

The derivatives sector is at the core of the Arbitrum ecosystem, and MUX has partnered with multiple major protocols. Through contributing to the ecosystem, I’m actively in touch with protocols and community members in domains including derivatives, spot trading, yield vaults, data analytics, infrastructure and DAOs.

I’ve participated in and helped to organize community activities like AMAs, incentivized marketing events, and Twitter campaigns with partnered protocols.

Personally, I don’t have experience running in other grant programs yet, but I would love to learn and adapt along the way.

2. What would you like to see built on Arbitrum in your domain, and what a good grant proposal looks like for you?

As the central hub for the latest DeFi innovations, the Arbitrum ecosystem is full of builders with the objective of gaining real user adoption, offering streamlined on-chain user experiences and eventually increasing the user base of decentralized products.

Personally, a good proposal needs to meet the following criteria:

• The proposals need to aim at boosting in-ecosystem user activities and/or onboarding more users into the Arbitrum ecosystem in various domains, including DeFi, Gaming, Infrastructures and more.
  • The proposal must contain feasible goals, detailed cost estimation, a well-described execution plan and a clear KPI for the estimated results.

3. Time commitment

I can commit 15 hours a week and adapt to more hours if needed.

4. Declaration of Conflict of Interest

I’m currently a contributor at MUX protocol, but this won’t affect my impartiality regarding grant requests.

6 Likes

1- Name: Cattin

As SEED Latam’s delegate to the DAO, I’ll be leading a team formed by contributors to SEED Latam, Layer 2 en Español and LayerX.

2- Your Forum Username:

@Cattin

3- Twitter:

Lead:

Team:

4- What is your experience in the interested domain? Please share links and supporting information. Do you have experience running in any other grant programs?

This is a collaboration between three organizations: SEED Latam, L2 en Español, and LayerX, focused in the areas of Education, Community Growth, and Events, led by SEED Latam’s delegate, @cattin . These organizations share a common vision and mission, so we present ourselves as a united front. They have been creating educational content specifically for Latin American communities for a long time. In discussing this collaboration, it is worth noting that SEED Latam, L2 en Español, and LayerX will involve the members listed below to ensure the success of this domain.

SEED Latam

SEED Latam is an ecosystem dedicated to promoting knowledge and critical thinking about Web3, with the aim of empowering future leaders in this field.

Since 2020, SEED Latam, formerly known as DeFi LATAM, has focused on education and the growth of an open and collaborative community in Latin America. We have gathered thousands of individuals from various countries and cities through our Telegram and Discord groups, as well as our in-person meetups. As a pioneering community, we have supported and fostered the growth of other communities and initiatives. Importantly, all our content is public and free; we do not monetize through our community, and we do not accept sponsorships.

Over the course of our existence, we have produced numerous educational articles and promoted debates. Additionally, we have been active collaborators in the region’s most notable events, such as ETH Latam in Buenos Aires and Bogotá.

Relevant Links (Access all our content here):

Events and Grants

Members of SEED Latam have contributed to organizing major events and grant rounds:

Note: The SEED Latam team has translated the ArbitrumDAO documentation into Spanish. You can check it here.

SEED Latam Team:

• @Candufaz: Team Leader at SEED Latam | Developing Nata_Social
  • @CryptochicaSEEDLatam: Governance Coordinator at SEED Latam | Co-Founder of ETH Kipu
  • @0xLocoPacha: Product Designer at SEED Latam | Designer at ETH Kipu
  • @Manurina: Communications Lead at Defiant App | Ethereum Argentina Representative | CM at SEED Latam
  • Emilio Mateo: Developer at SEED Latam

L2 en Español

L2 en Español is a community dedicated to the study of scalability solutions on Ethereum. The goal of L2 en Español is to provide a space for research and study about Layer 2 solutions within the ecosystem. This is not a community for beginners, as we focus on technical and research-oriented discussions. We have also produced numerous articles about various Layer 2 solutions, conducted workshops, and hosted Twitter spaces with prominent figures from the scalability field.

Essential Links:

Workshops (Developer-focused):

Articles

Research and analysis articles on Ethereum scalability projects.

Events

Virtual and in-person conference events where we were invited to speak about scalability.

L2 en Español Team that will collaborate in the success of the Domain:

LayerX

LayerX is a builder hub that connects developers and organizations through hackathons and bounties.

Our mission is to leverage the power of web3 to revolutionize the way we interact with the world, reshaping the future of work. Currently, we have three main pillars: Bepro Network is a web3 protocol for software development bounties, which allows organizations to offer rewards for developing specific projects or features. TAIKAI is a web3 platform developed specifically for hosting hackathons. It’s designed to make it easy for organizations to run online hackathons and to help developers connect with each other and with potential employers or clients. And dappKit is a powerful open-source SDK that allows you to develop beautiful web3 apps.

By combining these three products, we strive to empower developers, organizations, and individuals alike, unlocking new ways to interact and work.

Regarding hackathons, we have supported numerous community events and hosted a relevant number of challenges. Also, we have collaborated closely with Latin-american ETH events, like ETH Samba, EthereumSP, ETH Argentina, besides ETH events in other continents, like ETH Belgrade, ETH Taipei, ETH Safari and more.

Relevant Links:

Events

We have supported organizing relevant hackathons and challenges:

LayerX Member to support the development:

• @dknina: CX Manager at LayerX | Hackathon Manager at TAIKAI

5- What would you like to see built on Arbitrum in your domain and what a good grant proposal looks like for you?

Specifically, we are eager to see projects built on Arbitrum that drive widespread adoption of Layer 2 technologies in the educational sector, providing a smoother and more accessible user experience for all participants. We aim to witness the rise of decentralized educational apps that bring forward innovative solutions for the certification and validation of academic achievements, thus simplifying the accreditation and acknowledgment of skills acquired within the Layer 2 ecosystem.

Furthermore, we are excited about platforms and protocols on Arbitrum that champion peer-to-peer collaboration and learning, promoting the establishment of robust and enriching educational communities.

Therefore, a compelling grant proposal for us would address the following aspects, listed in order of priority:

1. Organizing Hackathons: We are keen on grant proposals focusing on the organization of web3 hackathon events centered around the Arbitrum ecosystems. We believe it’s vital for devs and project builders to take their initial steps in Arbitrum; we need to expand use cases and outreach to the developer community.
  2. Institutional Community Growth Initiatives: We’re looking for proposals aiming to expand and strengthen the Arbitrum community through endeavors like targeted outreach programs at universities and educational institutions. We find this crucial to bring Arbitrum closer to the academic realm.
  3. Educational Content and Workshops: We are interested in backing proposals that create comprehensive and accessible educational resources on Arbitrum. Especially timeless content for devs, such as tutorials on Arbitrum development, and explanatory videos on the workings of Arbitrum One, Nova, Orbit, and BOLD. This material should be public and free. We are keen on multi-language content. Note: Regarding educational aspects, we won’t support sensationalist content, topics about airdrops, ARB token prices, or news. We aim for enduring and constructive educational content.

Considerations

A robust grant proposal should outline clear objectives, measurable outcomes, and a sustainability plan beyond the grant period. We commit to supporting projects with a lasting positive impact on the community and the overall Arbitrum ecosystem.

6- Time commitment - You need to commit at least 15 hours of your time per week as a domain allocator, and what is the expected Turn Around Time (TAT) that the builders can expect from you?

As detailed earlier, we will make available to this domain the teams from SEED Latam, L2 en Español, and LayerX, totaling 11 people. This allows us, if necessary, to provide over 15 hours weekly and cover various time slots.

Supported by the above, a broad team enables us to offer rapid assistance and also quick responses to queries and requests. We also strive to maintain efficient communication and keep proposers informed of any potential delays, so they can plan accordingly.

7- Declaration of Conflict of Interest

SEED Latam, L2 en Español, and LayerX are large ecosystems with many contributors involved directly or indirectly with projects, protocols, and communities. If any applicant is directly or indirectly associated with SEED Latam, L2 en Epañol, or LayerX, we will make a public announcement to inform the community, ensuring they are aware of the matter.

23 Likes

Greetings fellow Arbinauts, Adam here.
I’m nominating myself for the position of Gaming Domain Allocator.

1. Name: Adam

2. Forum Username: Flook

3. Twitter: https://twitter.com/Flook_eth

4. Experience

I come from a long background of gaming. It’s been my main passion and hobby since I was old enough to hold a controller. I’ve been in the Ethereum ecosystem since late 2017 and I’ve been building games in the web3 gaming space since September, 2021 (on Arbitrum One since March, 2022).

I’m the Co-founder and CEO of Merlyn Labs, the gaming studio responsible for the Knights of the Ether: Blightfell and Squires games.

I’ve lived and breathed web3 gaming, game design, and the gaming industry for the past 2 years. I’m extremely clear-sighted when it comes to what makes web3 gaming unique, as well as what green and red flags can be found in early to mid-stage web3 gaming projects. At Merlyn Labs we’ve surmounted a lot of obstacles related to design, development, contractors, partnerships, economy, bridging to Arbitrum, and so much more. This leaves me very well suited to spotting and anticipating these issues for other Arbitrum gaming builders.

I’ve been featured on over a dozen spaces and multiple podcasts speaking specifically about web3 gaming. You can find the most recent podcast here: Spotify

I’m also slated to speak at NFT Fest Lugano this September on a web3 gaming panel. You can find me on the list of speakers on their website. (I’d be happy to share more links, but I’m currently limited to 2 links per post).

Over the last 2 years since creating the web3 gaming studio Merlyn Labs, I’ve worked in partnership with major gaming art studios such as Volta and Liquid Animations, who are responsible for Halo 5, New World, For Honor, Borderlands 3, and many more.

I’ve also worked in partnership with dozens of game developers, game designers, sound effects engineers and Solidity engineers in the blockchain gaming space who have worked on projects as well known as Atari and Goblintown, as well as multiple Treasure ecosystem games.

Additionally, our studio has been a partner and game builder in the Treasure ecosystem since April 2022, when we initially launched our Squires game on Arbitrum.

As one of the very few web3 game founders who has been building and growing in parallel with the Arbitrum chain for over seventeen months now, I believe I’m uniquely suited to helping foster the expansion of gaming and its culture on both Arbitrum One and Nova. I truly care about the ecosystem and I’m very motivated to help grow gaming on Arbitrum to realize its full potential.

I know what good work looks like and I know what level of organization and execution it takes to deliver on not just a traditional game, but the promise of a web3 game with unique meta-mechanics and economics derived from blockchain integration. After almost two years of working nonstop on an innovative web3 gaming ecosystem, to much success so far, I’m confident I can detect which traits a game in this space would need to be successful.

While I don’t have specific experience in running grant programs, I’m positive I’ll get up to speed quickly and deliver great results on behalf of the Arbitrum community.

5. Vision

Arbitrum will be the home of Indie gaming. Let’s avoid using incentive programs to fund high-risk and high-cost AAA gaming initiatives. Instead of trying to compete in that arena, let’s build our own.

By focusing on passionate indie developers and talented indie studios, we can foster a tight-knit, interoperable ecosystem of unique, innovative, and fun games that attract gaming enthusiasts from all walks of life.

There should be a strong focus around utilizing blockchain in new and interesting ways that brings both ease of trading and intrinsic value to a game’s economy, as well as value centered around community participation, on-chain profiles and achievements, mutable evolution of characters and items, verifiable randomness, and the many other benefits blockchains can bring to games.

I personally have a great grasp on where and how blockchain can be implemented in games in ways that enhance the user experience without throwing up obstacles to user acquisition such as wallet integrations and cryptocurrency purchases. I’d like to see more games built with blockchain in the background, less obvious to the average user.

Alternatively, there is undoubtedly a space for on-chain gaming and games that forefront their blockchain technology. They both serve different niches and can co-exist in the wider Arbitrum gaming ecosystem. I’m looking forward to reading proposals from all sorts of games and gaming products.

As the domain allocator I’ll remain both open-minded to all types of gaming proposals, while also pushing back (and outright rejecting) where needed if I notice gaps in the armor.

Finally, I’d also like to see multiple games create joint proposals together that fund meaningful interoperability between themselves, as a way to prove the concept even further that interoperability can be a driving force of differentiation between web2 and web3.

As for quality grant proposals I’d like to see several key attributes:

Context: I’ll need background on each of the moving pieces to fully consider any proposal. Tell me all about:

• The team
  • The game or product
  • The vision
  • The KPI’s and Milestones coming up
  • The journey so far

Content: The 5 W’s.

• Who is getting paid from the grant?
  • When can we expect completion?
  • Where are the funds being put to use?
  • What structure or pre-requisites are in place to ensure the KPI’s are met?
  • Why Arbitrum? Why your game or product? Why this grant program?

Challenges: What might get in your way?

• Where are the foreseen obstacles and how do you expect to surmount them?
  • Does this grant give you a meaningful and measurable leg up in that process?
  • How have you overcome previous obstacles to reach the current stage of your project?

6. Time Commitment

I will happily spend the full 15 hours per week as a domain allocator. Builders can expect a <24 hour TAT during weekdays and <48 hours during most weekends. I’ll also make sure to respond to any builder’s messages before 5pm PST on Fridays so as to ensure the builders can spend the weekend making any necessary revisions.

7. Declaration of Conflict of Interest

I do have two conflicts of interest that I’d like to declare.

I’m in charge of another gaming project on Arbitrum, Knights of the Ether, and I’m also a core game partner at Treasure. Obviously no grant money from this program will go towards Knights of the Ether for as long as I am the domain allocator, that should go without saying. As for other Treasure projects that may apply for funding, I will be ultra transparent with my decision-making process and I will make sure to loop in the project manager more closely to ensure that every builder that applies receives an equal opportunity for funding.

I’m a firm believer that there is no need for a competitive mindset between games or gaming ecosystems on Arbitrum. Instead of quarreling over the small audience we all currently share, we should be building in concert, arms linked, for the next 1, 2, 5, 10 years and beyond of gaming on Arbitrum in order to help grow the pie for all of us.

I’d be honored to help steward that expansion, even if only for the next 6 months.

Thank you for your consideration.

8 Likes

Hi all, I’ll be taking a break from and eventually transitioning out of my role at Questbook due to health and medical reasons. @Srijith-Questbook, from Questbook, will be taking over the responsibilities of the Program Manager for Arbitrum Grants Program run through Delegated Domain Capital Allocation Model. He can be reached at TG: @Srijith13 and Discord: @Srijith-Questbook. Twitter: https://twitter.com/Srijith_Padmesh

9 Likes

I would like to nominate myself for the domain of “Education, Community Growth and Events”.

Name: Raj Karia

Your forum username: @raj

Twitter: twitter.com/rajkaria_

What is your experience in the interested domain? Please share links and supporting information.

I’ve been building truts.xyz which is a platform where you can discover web3 projects and we have a suite of tools that help with community engagement and loyalty. This helps me understand the problems community and ecosystem face on a day-to-day basis.

Before that, I was contributing and got involved with many communities/projects like BanklessDAO, Forefront, Aave, Compound, Aurora, and more in a personal capacity and was an active and passive contributor there. I have contributed to and explored almost 250+ web3 projects. I’ve learned a lot, so now I can quickly see what works and what doesn’t when it comes to growing a community.

I also created “academy.truts.xyz”, where people can find resources about different chains, defi projects, infra, technologies, and many more. I once taught Solidity to 100 developers in a close cohort and even spoke about blockchain at some universities in India. I’ve been a part of starting up 15+ blockchain clubs too. The above experiences would help me navigate through the proposals in the education sector and figure out what’s best for the ecosystem.

Do you have experience running in any other grant programs?

Yeah, I’ve been around the block with grants. I helped out with Polygon Grants in India. I also took a look at how other folks like Harmony, Near, Aurora, Aave, Solana, Polygon, Filecoin, Polkadot, Cardano were doing their grants to understand the ecosystem better and later offered help to few of these ecosystems.

My project, truts.xyz, even got some grants from places like Polygon, NEAR, and Filecoin, AAVE, Mantle (announcement for these are not done on social media). I have also helped multiple other friends in the ecosystem to draft their grant proposals for different chains and grant programs.

The edge I have is that I’ve seen grants from both sides – applying for them and approving them. It helps me really understand what makes a grant good or bad for the community/ecosystem. I think that experience could be really handy.

What would you like to see built on Arbitrum in your domain

I envision a thriving and interconnected ecosystem on Arbitrum that not only cultivates technological innovation but fosters a vibrant community and enhances education. Here’s how I picture it:

Education:

• Developer Onboarding: A comprehensive library of engaging videos, content, and tutorials designed to welcome and support developers at all levels.
  • Global Awareness Workshops: Regular, hands-on workshops in various locations worldwide, demystifying Arbitrum and spreading awareness of its capabilities.
  • Hackathons: Encouraging and facilitating both participation and organization of hackathons to ignite creativity and collaboration.
  • Mentorship and Developer Relations: Targeted programs to cultivate a network of mentors and developer advocates who can passionately convey the potential of Arbitrum.
  • Problem-Solving Initiatives: Specific Requests for Proposals (RFPs) focusing on real-world problems that can be innovatively solved using Arbitrum, driving targeted development.

Community:

• Interconnected Ecosystem: Creating synergies between different apps in the ecosystem, allowing for seamless interaction and collaboration.
  • Retention Strategies: Implementing initiatives that celebrate community participation and loyalty, ensuring a dynamic and engaged ecosystem.
  • Collaboration Enhancements: Developing tools and activities that facilitate collaboration, fostering a sense of belonging and collective purpose.
  • Community Opportunities: Encouraging Dapps in the ecosystem to provide meaningful opportunities for community members to contribute and grow.

Events:

• Hackathon and Conference Presence: Building a robust presence at key developer hackathons and conferences, offering side-events that showcase Arbitrum’s strengths.
  • University Outreach: Expanding educational reach by conducting university workshops, tailored to onboard the next generation of developers and advocates for Arbitrum.

What a good grant proposal looks like for you

A proposal that consist of all the below items and in a well described manner which is specific for the problem they are hoping to solve and arbitrum ecosystem would be a good grant proposal according to me.

• Funding Request: The amount being requested and a high-level summary of how the funds will be used.
  • Title: A concise name for the project.
  • Overview: Brief description, alignment with Arbitrum’s mission, and funding request.
  • Problem Statement: The issue to be addressed with details and statistics if possible.
  • Team’s Background: Relevant information about the team members.
  • Goals: Clear and specific goals that are aligned with the Arbitrum’s focus areas.
  • Audience & Innovation: Target beneficiaries, innovative aspects and how the project will impact Arbitrum ecosystem
  • Approach & Timeline: Detailed strategy and realistic and well-thought-out project timeline, with milestones.
  • Collaborations: Any relevant partnerships.
  • Breakdown & Justification: Detailed budget and explanations for each item.
  • Measurement & Sustainability: Criteria for success, sustainability plans, KPIs
  • Impact: Explanation of how the project will contribute to social good, community development, or other relevant benefits.
  • Risks & Mitigation: Identification and plans to address potential risks.
  • Past Successes: Evidence of previous successful projects, if available.

Time commitment - You need to commit at least 15 hours of your time per week as a domain allocator, and what is the expected Turn Around Time (TAT) that the builders can expect from you?

Absolutely! I can commit to 15 hours a week or even more if needed. But it’s not just about the time; it’s about quality interactions too. Whether I accept or reject a proposal, I’ll provide thoughtful and constructive feedback. I believe that feedback can be a valuable learning experience, and I’m committed to helping builders understand my decisions. And when it comes to responsiveness, I promise a maximum Turn Around Time of 48 hours regardless of whether it is a weekday or a weekend. Time is precious, and I’ll be there to support the project every step of the way.

Declaration of Conflict of Interest

I don’t have any conflict of Interest as of now. Since what I am building is a discovery platform there’s a probability that projects applying for arbitrum grants might be listed on our platform but I will make sure to evaluate them without any particular interest. If in the future, there exists a conflict or a case of personal interest, I will talk with the program manager and stay out of that decision and notify everyone in the community the same.

9 Likes

It’s very dissappointing to hear that you will be leaving and even worse to hear that your health is at stake. It was a pleasure coordinating our grant approvals with you. I saw how hard you worked to make it happen and you will be missed.

Thanks for adding Srijeth @Srijith-Questbook to the many chats and introducing him. This will help for continuity.

I will reach out privately to see how I can help.

6 Likes