Proposal: Accelerating Arbitrum - leveraging Camelot as an ecosystem hub to support native builders

Voting themselves… ewww, that’s ugly.

Although voting themselves isn’t against the rules, it isn’t ETHICALLY good looking, especially using given power…

… Imagine a politician using his given power to benefit himself… ouch, that wasn’t a good example. ^^!

I mean I saw the authors of the other 2 grants program proposals voting ‘abstain’. This is how I think it should be: If someone gets DIRECTLY BENEFITED from their OWN PROPOSAL, shouldn’t take part on the final decision.

Following the same procedure a group of ARB whales or protocols amassing most of the voting power could agree to ask for funding themselves with community assets “cartelizing” and taking over the chain. Similar to a 51% attack over the concensus.

There are lines we shouldn’t cross if we aim for decentralization and Camelot behavior, according to what we are seeing, is not the most appropriate in this aspect.

Camelot is clearly trying to be the king in this kingdom. There are 2 kind of kings in the history, the ones that crown themselves and the ones that get crowned by the people. The question is: Which one does Camelot want to be?

I think they should change their vote to abstain.