Proposal: Accelerating Arbitrum - leveraging Camelot as an ecosystem hub to support native builders

Long-time Arb native. I am invested exclusively in ARB projects. Was an early individual recipient of a generous ARB allocation via the airdrop. I retained the rights to vote for myself, so I post for myself.

I support this proposal. While I am sure there are ways to improve upon it with informed feedback, seems most of the negative feedback thus far appears to be resistance related to the recipient being a DEX, or the overall size of the grant request.

Bottom line: in a foundational sense, we need deep liquidity, we need greater provisioning, we need growth of unique users, and we are going to need to invest to make this happen. This should be one of the primary missions/concerns of the Arbitrum DAO.

A native DEX makes the most sense to be a facilitator in this process and a serve as a recipient of such a sizable grant. To claim “they benefit” is not only an obvious statement of fact, but frankly an irrelevant one. Every recipient would “benefit” from a DAO grant, in some way shape or form – however, can a recipient provide the necessary arterial “blood flow” to make a difference in the ecosystem to be sufficiently worthy of the grant?

As such, I think a good % of the resources offered by any grant funding process should in fact be focused on the underpinnings of the ecosystem, the plumbing, as it were.

One suggestion could be looking at different ways to phase in the grant monies over a longer period of time with additional accountability measures (should the community feel they need them).

For those of you who resist solely bc of some negativity towards “Camelot” … I would say, then find another DEX with their track record, partnerships, and activity flow – or build it – and then apply for a similar grant. I would support that one, as well.

Your(s) friendly neighborhood
Grandma

9 Likes