Proposal: Return 700M $ARB to the DAO Treasury

It’s good that @thiccythot has put this proposal and is making others aware of their rights, encouraging its practice. At the same time as Gauntlet and @ChainLinkGod have expressed above, I think the disclosure of Wintermute deal is a bad idea and would hinder relationships with other prospective vendors which might not be the best for the DAO. Same goes for the $ARB buyback point, it’s definitely not a good idea and in my opinion it’s a no-go for this proposal.

Although I know the proposal can no more be edited, a better one would be to return perhaps 350M $ARM and not the total amount. It’d still elevate the faith in the DAO and would not affect the long term health of the DAO.

This is true, AIP-1.1 was an overreach of power, but the same is reflected in this proposal by dragging Wintermute into it and proposing the buyback.

Both proposals seem to be in bad faith, while relatively AIP-1.2 seems fairer.

There could definitely be better ways to exercise the powers, and those could be reflected by supporting strong and underrated projects in the ecosystem. Like how ENS DAO funds continuous development and small grants for apps built around ENS or those integrating Sign-In-With-ETH (SIWE)
edit: AIP1.1

2 Likes