I object to the proposal outlined in RFP-18: Strategic Application of $ARB Allocation from Radiant DAO Treasury. My disagreement stems from several concerns regarding the suggested strategic allocation plan.
Firstly, the proposal suggests allocating a substantial portion of the $ARB tokens to new 6-month and 1-year dLP lockers, favoring those who join the community later. This contradicts the principle of recognizing and rewarding early supporters. Instead, the DAO should prioritize those who have demonstrated sustained commitment from the beginning.
Secondly, the allocation to Starfleet Season 1, particularly the proposed airdrop of up to 40% of $ARB tokens, seems disproportionate. While encouraging growth and engagement is crucial, such a large allocation may dilute the value for existing holders and fail to adequately reward long-term contributors.
Additionally, the proposal mentions the establishment of a leaderboard mechanism, Starfleet, which encountered issues due to an “early-exit loophole.” While I appreciate efforts to rectify this through RFP-17, the reliance on airdrops as a solution raises questions about the overall effectiveness and sustainability of the incentive structure.
Furthermore, the distribution of 30% of $ARB tokens to all Arbitrum dLP lockers over the next year, based on locking length, appears to be a more balanced approach. However, the allocation’s success depends on clear communication and implementation to ensure fairness and transparency.
Lastly, the proposal reserves 30% of the $ARB tokens for future use, providing flexibility for the DAO. While strategic reserves are prudent, a more detailed plan regarding how these reserves will be utilized would strengthen the proposal.
In conclusion, I recommend a reevaluation of the proposed allocation plan, placing greater emphasis on recognizing early supporters and ensuring a balanced distribution that encourages sustained community involvement. This way, the Radiant DAO can build a dynamic and prosperous community without compromising the interests of its existing supporters.
Certainly! Here are some potential solutions to consider in addressing the concerns raised in the proposal:
- Early Supporter Recognition:
- Introduce a tiered system that rewards early supporters with additional benefits, acknowledging their commitment to the community.
- Proportional Allocation for Starfleet:
- Adjust the allocation for Starfleet Season 1 to ensure a more balanced distribution that doesn’t disproportionately favor new participants, perhaps by lowering the percentage allocated for the airdrop.
- Improved Communication and Transparency:
- Enhance communication about the allocation plan to ensure clarity on the rationale and potential impacts. Provide a detailed breakdown of how each allocation contributes to the community’s growth.
- Refinement of Starfleet Mechanism:
- Evaluate and refine the Starfleet mechanism to address concerns related to the “early-exit loophole.” Consider alternative incentive structures that align with the community’s values and objectives.
- Community Feedback Mechanism:
- Implement a feedback mechanism within the DAO for community members to express their opinions on proposed allocations and governance decisions. This could involve regular surveys or a dedicated forum for discussions.
- Gradual Distribution for Long-Term Incentives:
- Consider a gradual distribution model for the 30% of $ARB tokens allocated for long-term incentives. This could involve periodic releases based on milestones, ensuring sustained community engagement.
- Clear Plan for Strategic Reserves:
- Develop a clear and transparent plan for utilizing the 30% of $ARB tokens reserved for future use. This could involve periodic updates to the community on potential use cases or strategic initiatives.
- Incentives for Token Locking Renewals:
- Encourage existing dLP lockers to renew their token locks by introducing additional incentives or rewards. This can contribute to the continuity of community involvement.
- Governance Proposal for Adjustments:
- Establish a governance proposal mechanism that allows community members to suggest adjustments to allocation plans. This fosters a democratic process and ensures that community voices are heard.
- Educational Initiatives:
- Implement educational initiatives to help community members understand the rationale behind allocation decisions, fostering a better-informed and supportive community.