Arbitrum DAO Grants Domain Allocator Nominations

Hello members of the Arbitrum Foundation Forum and Grants DAO.

Here is my application for the Developer Tooling on NOVA domain allocator role.

1. Name: Juan Diego Oliva

2. Forum username: Juandi

3. Twitter: Feel free to check out my twitter here

4. What is your experience in the interested domain? Please share links and supporting information. Do you have experience running in any other grant programs?
    Currently the CEO and Co-Founder of Alcancía. Be your own bank infrastructure for the 300M underbanked Latin Americans financially backed by Aave Grants DAO, Compound Grants Program, Celo Community Fund (Prezenti) and one of the biggest web3 investors in the space Outlier Ventures. Throughout my time developing self custodial wallets in Layer-2 infrastructure we have managed to be the only web3 based startup to make a partnership with Mexico’s biggest bank – Banco BBVA, and the only one in the world to integrate into the biggest remittance network (UniTeller) which provides money transfer services to giants like MoneyGram and Western Union.

Aside from my time as an entrepreneur, I also currently help the Worldcoin team launch and expand their operations in Mexico City being an orb operator and hosting more than one third of the country’s sign ups since the project’s launch. Have also been prized 2x from ETH Global Hackathons using Layer-2 infrastructure and WalletConnect in ReFi projects that use hard tech and blockchain to create a rewards system for beer recyclers.

1. What would you like to see built on Arbitrum in your domain and what a good grant proposal looks like for you?

I’d like to first address some of the issues found in DevTooling and documentation throughout the experience of developing a dApp that reduces the learning curve to users:

• Incompatibility with different frameworks and tools. Especially for mobile, most of the times most packages and documentation is not suited for devices that will bring the next 1B users.

• Lack of documentation and tutorials: Self explanatory, but an example we had personally was that we are the only startup to crack and propose a fluent documentation for WalletConnect integration in Flutter. This led us to a win in ETH Global Mexico City.

• Symbiosis between developer communities: DevRel should be considered a priority so that they can get the help and support when they need it.

Arbitrum in comparison to its optimistic rollup frenemy (Optimism) has some things going for it: lower gas fees using multi-round fraud proofs, faster transaction finality, a larger ecosystem and of course more decentralized due to its larger number of validators.

The priority through this domain allocator will be focused on NOVA’s capabilities of higher throughput, extensibility, and the security brought by an AnyTrust chain. As such a grant proposal in DevTooling should focus on contracts, documentation, and DevRel initiatives that promote high-scalability dApps such as but not only towards: Gaming, social dApps (who knows if we find a Lens alternative from this program, DeFi such as perps, derivatives and futures, and/or NFTs)

Proposals should cover the following (and from being a fellow user of Questbook it should be a standard for all Grant Programs to use the following format):

• What are you building (less than 400 characters)

• In which stage is the project currently at?

• Where are you heading with this grant?

• What are your metrics of success?

• Why you?

• Funding disbursement schedule (should look like this)

1. Time commitment: I can commit to more than the 15 hours a week, expect my turn around time of 48 hours with feedback or a follow-up call/interview so we can talk more about your product and proposal.

2. Declaration of Conflict of Interest: Alcancía will not be involved in any grant proposals, hence I will not involve any personal interests towards the Arbitrum DAO grants program.

13 Likes