Expand Tally Support for the Arbitrum DAO

I’ll continue to support this proposal and vote FOR it on Tally. Expanding Tally’s support will have a positive impact on the DAO governance experience.

2 Likes

The below response reflects the views of L2BEAT’s governance team, composed of @krst and @Sinkas, and it’s based on the combined research, fact-checking, and ideation of the two.

We voted in favor of the proposal during temp check and we’ll also be voting in its favor during the on-chain vote.

On top of the proposed changes, Tally conducted a workshop to invite delegates to share their feedback and request features. The proposal passing means Tally will be funded, but it doesn’t mean the proposed changes are set in stone. We urge delegates to get involved in the process of upgrading Tally and actively provide their feedback to Tally’s team for their consi

3 Likes

Savvy DAO votes FOR the proposal.

See our rationale here:

2 Likes

I liked your questions.

I have one doubt: wouldn’t it be worthwhile to expose that Arbitrum financed the initiative? Even though the tech is used by all other DAOs, wouldn’t it make sense to consider a scenario where it’s evident that this can be utilized by all BECAUSE Arbitrum funded it? Or some sort of marketing and community action as “collateral”? I’m not sure how Tally views this, but personally, I appreciate the work they’ve been doing.

2 Likes

Thank you again to everyone for your feedback and support! This proposal has passed onchain.

Based on feedback from this proposal, I facilitated an open discussion on governance tools and mechanisms, then I included many items that were surfaced in that discussion into a new, comprehensive Tally Arbitrum Roadmap. The comprehensive roadmap includes both the items we committed to in this proposal and items we plan to fund via a future proposal. Please feel free to comment with feedback on the roadmap post. Cheers!

5 Likes

Hey all, I just wanted to drop a link to my forum post expanding on the technical details of the Governor upgrades, which were funded as a subset of this proposal. The work is under way, but I’m sharing this summary for transparency and as an opportunity for community members to share feedback or ask questions. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey Arbitrum friends,

Work on this proposal is progressing well.

• Tally has integrated Karma’s delegate score and contributor metrics into our delegate page so token holders and DAO stakeholders have access to holistic participation information.
  • Scopelift has begun work on upgrading the Arbitrum DAO Governor contracts. They are aiming to complete the work by the end of June, such that the contracts can be audited in early July.
  • Tally expects to complete everything under “Improve the proposal process” by the end of June. This includes forum and temp check integrations, better quorum integration, and security council transactions.

As always, please reach out if you have any feedback or suggestions for Tally. Cheers!

5 Likes

Thank you, good work!
I would like to add one (or two) more thing, if it is not difficult:

1. Sorting by new indicators (Karma score, voting percentage, forum score)
  2. I would also like to display these new indicators on the delegate’s screen
1 Like