Expand Tally Support for the Arbitrum DAO

I’ll continue to support this proposal and vote FOR it on Tally. Expanding Tally’s support will have a positive impact on the DAO governance experience.

2 Likes

The below response reflects the views of L2BEAT’s governance team, composed of @krst and @Sinkas, and it’s based on the combined research, fact-checking, and ideation of the two.

We voted in favor of the proposal during temp check and we’ll also be voting in its favor during the on-chain vote.

On top of the proposed changes, Tally conducted a workshop to invite delegates to share their feedback and request features. The proposal passing means Tally will be funded, but it doesn’t mean the proposed changes are set in stone. We urge delegates to get involved in the process of upgrading Tally and actively provide their feedback to Tally’s team for their consi

3 Likes

Savvy DAO votes FOR the proposal.

See our rationale here:

2 Likes

I liked your questions.

I have one doubt: wouldn’t it be worthwhile to expose that Arbitrum financed the initiative? Even though the tech is used by all other DAOs, wouldn’t it make sense to consider a scenario where it’s evident that this can be utilized by all BECAUSE Arbitrum funded it? Or some sort of marketing and community action as “collateral”? I’m not sure how Tally views this, but personally, I appreciate the work they’ve been doing.

2 Likes

Thank you again to everyone for your feedback and support! This proposal has passed onchain.

Based on feedback from this proposal, I facilitated an open discussion on governance tools and mechanisms, then I included many items that were surfaced in that discussion into a new, comprehensive Tally Arbitrum Roadmap. The comprehensive roadmap includes both the items we committed to in this proposal and items we plan to fund via a future proposal. Please feel free to comment with feedback on the roadmap post. Cheers!

5 Likes

Hey all, I just wanted to drop a link to my forum post expanding on the technical details of the Governor upgrades, which were funded as a subset of this proposal. The work is under way, but I’m sharing this summary for transparency and as an opportunity for community members to share feedback or ask questions. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey Arbitrum friends,

Work on this proposal is progressing well.

• Tally has integrated Karma’s delegate score and contributor metrics into our delegate page so token holders and DAO stakeholders have access to holistic participation information.
  • Scopelift has begun work on upgrading the Arbitrum DAO Governor contracts. They are aiming to complete the work by the end of June, such that the contracts can be audited in early July.
  • Tally expects to complete everything under “Improve the proposal process” by the end of June. This includes forum and temp check integrations, better quorum integration, and security council transactions.

As always, please reach out if you have any feedback or suggestions for Tally. Cheers!

5 Likes

Thank you, good work!
I would like to add one (or two) more thing, if it is not difficult:

1. Sorting by new indicators (Karma score, voting percentage, forum score)
  2. I would also like to display these new indicators on the delegate’s screen
2 Likes

Hey Arbitrum Delegates,

I’m back with a progress update on our proposal to Expand Tally Support for the Arbitrum DAO. We’ve shipped most of the items in our proposal and are on track to deliver the rest. Below, I provide a detailed report on the status of each deliverable.

We see this proposal as just one step on our journey of building a best-in-class governance experience for Arbitrum. We’re currently putting together a v2 proposal. We’ve compiled a list of features on the Tally Arbitrum Roadmap that have been requested by DAO contributors. If you have thoughts on what we should build, please comment on the Tally Arbitrum Roadmap forum post or dm me directly on Telegram @zeroxfrisson. Cheers!

Improve the proposal process

Link forum proposal posts and Tally proposals so that delegates can create Tally proposals from forum posts, see forum proposal comments directly on Tally, and be updated by a Tally Discourse bot when onchain proposals are created.
Development of this set of features is complete. We’re in the process of rolling it out for all new proposals going forward. The last remaining step is to get permission for the Tally Discourse bot to post in the Arbitrum forum, which is in progress.

Build a diff checker into Tally proposals
This feature is complete and will be included on all new proposals going forward. Proposal creators should include a link to the Snapshot proposal when they create a proposal on Tally, which will then enable voters to “view diff” on the proposal page.

Enable cancel functionality on Tally proposals
The integration of this feature on Tally is complete, but it will not be enabled until the Governor upgrade is implemented via DAO proposal (see “Upgrade Governor Contracts” section below).

Develop full proposal execution integration including prevent late quorum extension
Development of this feature is complete and is included on all new Tally proposals going forward. Below is an example of the proposal status timeline on Tally for a Constitutional proposal. Proposals that have a prevent late quorum extension will have that step automatically included in the status timeline.

Fully integrate the quorum of each Governor
Development of this feature is complete. All proposals will dynamically update going forward with the correct quorum from each governor. Also, we included both quorums on the delegates page on Tally going forward.

Show Security Council transactions
This feature is in development and will be complete soon. When a new Security Council transaction is created, we will automatically display an alert at the top of the Arbitrum DAO page that includes a link to the transaction.

Upgrade Governor contracts
Development and audit of an upgrade to the Arbitrum Governor contracts that includes the ability to cancel proposals and adds Flexible Voting are complete. The next step is to create an onchain proposal to implement the upgrades, which is coming soon.

Highlight delegate contributions
We shipped our integration of Karma’s Delegate Score and contributor metrics, which can now be viewed on the Tally’s Arbitrum Delegates page.

Research to set the DAO up for long-term success
Research reports about how the Arbitrum DAO can implement partial delegation and shielded voting are in progress and will be delivered soon.

8 Likes

Hi!
As I asked earlier, I would like to see a sorting by Carma Score.
Please, it’s not so hard to add this function.

1 Like

Appreciate the follow up @cp0x. Sorting by Karma Score is on our roadmap. I agree it would be a valuable thing to include.

2 Likes

OpenZeppelin, as the Security Member of the ARDC, is proposing a Rollout Plan of the Arbitrum Governance Upgrade (technical details here), based on the recommendations of ScopeLift, to prevent new proposal submissions during key stages of the Upgrade.

We propose a moratorium for proposal submissions up until the end of voting for the Upgrade (Sept 2nd to Sept 19th) along with a preliminary submission period when proposals may be submitted prior to the execution of the Upgrade (Sept 19th to Oct 4th). It’s important that all delegates review and adhere to the given timeline to avoid their proposals from being disrupted during the Upgrade and requiring resubmission.

You can see more details on the timeline in our full post:

4 Likes

Offchain Labs has some technical comments on the flexible voting implementation which we’d like to raise to the DAO’s attention. You can see more details in our reply to the upgrade rollout and timeline post:

Based on the technical comments from Offchain Labs and other community members, we have made changes to our original Upgrade Rollout post.

There is now no proposal moratorium with the upgrade proposal planned to be submitted on Sept 9th, 2024. The main takeaway is that on Sept 26th, the end of the Upgrade voting period, delegates should begin making submissions to the new Governor contracts, assuming the Upgrade proposal has passed.

2 Likes