GCP Council Nominations

Full Name: David Bolger

Contact Information: dbolger@offchainlabs.com or @david_cocora on Telegram

Current Occupation: Gaming Partnerships Lead at Offchain Labs, Inc.

Country of Residence / Time Zone: Greece (EET)

(Optional) If nominating someone else, please describe your relationship and confirm that they are aware of their nomination.

N/A, self nomination.

Please identify the domain where your nominee demonstrates the strongest proficiency or mastery.

Growth/BD Expert

Provide specific examples from their experience to support your selection.

I have been leading gaming at Offchain Labs for over 2 years now as a senior partnership manager. In this time I have represented Offchain Labs in conversations with over 300 gaming companies. I prospect, onboard and manage relationships for a significant part of the Arbitrum gaming ecosystem, which currently consists of over 80 games, 30 gaming infrastructure companies and 20 gaming-related Orbit chains building on Arbitrum. Prior to my role at Offchain Labs, I was a principal engineer & business development lead at a computer science firm for 7 years.

My responsibilities at Offchain Labs include:

• Setting the strategic direction of gaming within Offchain Labs.
  • Building, strengthening and pitching the value proposition of Arbitrum to game studios.
  • Vetting game studios and allocating resources based on prioritization.
  • Connecting game studios with gaming infrastructure providers.
  • Coordinating support across other Offchain Labs departments which support gaming (Community, Engineering, Events, Marketing, Partnerships, Product, Research).
  • Initiating and guiding new cross department gaming initiatives.

Having played a key role in the Arbitrum gaming ecosystem for the past 2 years, I am excited for the next phase of Arbitrum’s growth with the GCP. I am motivated to be a strong value add as a council member to support the GCP with historical, real-time and future insight to the gaming ecosystem.

Are you involved with any other networks from a governance perspective? If so, please list the DAOs and networks.

No

Do you work for a gaming related company? If yes, please list the company or companies you are employed by.

Yes - Offchain Labs builds the leading gaming app chain tech stack (Arbitrum Orbit).

Does the company you work for intend on applying for any GCP programs?

No

Please share any relevant links, bios, or publications showcasing your/your nominee’s work

Arbitrum gaming portal (link)

Arbitrum Orbit gaming chains (link)

Are you willing to complete appropriate non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), KYC requirements, and other necessary documents?

Yes

References:

Steven Goldfeder (Co-founder & CEO of Offchain Labs)
Amitt Mahajan (Co-founder and CEO of Proof of Play)
Peter Kieltyka (Co-founder and CEO of Horizon Blockchain Games Inc)
Damon Gura (Co-founder and CEO of Infinigods)

5 Likes