Procurement Committee: APPLICATION & ELECTIONS : ON SNAPSHOT

Applicant Information:

• Name of Applicant & Applicant’s Representative (If Applicable): Pavel Fedotov
  • Email Address: pfedprog@gmail.com
  • Telegram Handle (If Applicable): pfedprog
  • LinkedIn Profile (If Applicable): Pavel Fedotov - Pin Save | LinkedIn
  • Primary languages spoken: English, Russian, some Spanish
  • Disclosure of other time commitments:

Elected member of ArbitrumDAO Mini-Grants Council - Plurality Labs: "Our Biggest Minigrants Yet" (JokeRace)

Founder of Pin Save - decentralized Pinterest. The dApp is currently in Mina Navigators program at least until April 2024. RetroPGF 3 recipient and we are also planning to apply for optimism retroPGF 4.

Mentor at Mina ZkIgnite 2 cohort, that receive funding from the 500k USDC and 500k MINA tokens grant pool.

Experience:

With over 3 years of experience as a Full Stack Blockchain Developer, I have actively contributed to the advancement of decentralized applications (dApps) within the Ethereum and Arbitrum ecosystems. My proficiency spans a range of technologies, including Rust, Solidity, Python, JavaScript, React, and NextJs. Notably, I have been recognized and awarded by various prominent blockchain platforms such as Filecoin, Uniswap, Algorand, Near, Fuel Blockchain, Ceramic, and UMA.

One of my notable achievements includes the successful completion of a Filecoin grant focused on advancing decentralized identity (ERC-725) in conjunction with NFT privacy-focused standards. I also serve as the Founder of Pin Save, a decentralized Pinterest dApp, which is currently part of the Mina Navigators program until at least April 2024. Additionally, Pin Save has received the RetroPGF 3 grant, and we are actively preparing to apply for the optimism RetroPGF 4.

Furthermore, my role as a mentor in the Mina ZkIgnite 2 cohort, which receives funding from the 500k USDC and 500k MINA tokens grant pool, demonstrates my commitment to fostering growth within the blockchain ecosystem.

Overall, my extensive experience in blockchain development, combined with my active involvement in various grant programs and mentoring initiatives, underscores my dedication to advancing public goods and aligns closely with the mandate of the ADPC.

Objectives & Motivation:

My primary objective within the ADPC is to leverage my expertise in blockchain development and my unwavering commitment to advancing public goods within the blockchain ecosystem. I envision contributing by actively participating in the procurement framework processes, ensuring that they are not only robust and efficient but also align with the core values of transparency and fairness.

My motivation is rooted in my firsthand experience in developing and contributing to decentralized applications, coupled with my active engagement in Ethereum communities. I am particularly eager to engage in Gitcoin and Retroactive Public Goods Funding initiatives on Optimism, recognizing the significant potential for impact and positive change that these endeavors present.

Here is my Gitcoin Grants analysis that achieved 2.5k views and 40 likes: Lifetime Gitcoin Grants Data Analysis and Hypothesis Testing - 🧙 🧙‍♀️ Ideas and Open Discussion - Gitcoin Governance

Furthermore, my mission-aligned approach and proficient skill set offer a strong foundation for effectively administering procurement frameworks that drive the advancement of public goods within the blockchain space. It is my firm belief that my active involvement in the procurement committee will not only facilitate the alignment of services with the organization’s strategic objectives but also ensure these services benefit the broader blockchain ecosystem.

In conclusion, my motivation to engage with the ADPC lies in my genuine commitment to the ethos of public goods in the blockchain ecosystem and my desire to contribute meaningfully towards their advancement.

Integrity: I have no history of involvement in ethical breaches, fraud, manipulation, or any form of misconduct.

Skills and Experience:

My proficiency as a Full Stack Blockchain Developer, complemented by my background in Python programming and data analysis, aligns seamlessly with the requirements of the ADPC. I possess a robust understanding of blockchain technology and decentralized applications, coupled with hands-on experience in developing applications using Rust, Solidity, Python, JavaScript, React, and NextJs.

I hold a BA in Business Studies and Economics from the University of Manchester, where I graduated with Honors. During my academic journey, I had the privilege of publishing an academic article titled “Critical analysis of the electric vehicle industry: Five forces and strategic action fields” which received more than 10k downloads.

Industry Knowledge:

In terms of industry-specific knowledge, my in-depth understanding of blockchain services positions me effectively to operate within the ADPC, particularly in the realm of procurement. Furthermore, my active involvement in governance proposals in Developer Dao, Algovera, Ocean Marketplace, Mina, Gitcoin and Arbitrum mini-grants serves as a testament to my capability and insight within this domain.

Financial Acumen (Service Costs):

Financially, my expertise in business studies and economics, combined with my experience in blockchain development, equips me with a strong foundation in budgeting, cost analysis, and understanding financial implications in the context of service procurement. I am committed to ensuring that all procurement decisions are not only aligned with the organization’s strategic objectives but also optimized from a financial standpoint.

Negotiation:

My negotiation skills have been honed through practical experience in securing and managing grants and corporate-level negotiations within the blockchain space. Notably, I successfully applied for, negotiated, and completed a Filecoin grant, showcasing my ability to articulate the value proposition of a project and effectively negotiate terms to secure essential resources.

In my current role as a founder, I have further refined my negotiation skills by spearheading discussions and agreements with key stakeholders, fostering successful partnerships, and securing resources vital to the organization’s growth and success. My adeptness in navigating complex negotiations and fostering mutually beneficial agreements has proven instrumental in driving the corporation’s strategic objectives forward.

Furthermore, my receipt of a Retroactive Public Goods Funding (PGF) grant from Optimism and my active involvement in advertising and engaging with Optimism badgeholders underscore my capability to engage in effective negotiations within the blockchain ecosystem. These experiences have equipped me with the ability to communicate the value of initiatives and secure essential funding resources to advance public goods within the blockchain space.

Overall, my proficiency in negotiation, demonstrated through successful grant applications, corporate leadership, and engagement with prominent blockchain platforms, positions me to effectively contribute to the procurement committee by driving mutually beneficial agreements and partnerships that align with the organization’s strategic goals.

Project Management Abilities:

My project management abilities are underpinned by a proven track record of spearheading and delivering successful blockchain developments. As a Full Stack Blockchain Developer, I have overseen the end-to-end execution of projects, from planning and resource allocation to execution and performance monitoring. My adeptness in utilizing project management tools such as Asana, Airtable, and Multi-Sigs has been instrumental in ensuring the seamless coordination and delivery of projects.

In my capacity as a leader within a corporation, I have demonstrated the ability to effectively manage and execute projects, displaying prowess in strategic planning, team leadership, and resource optimization. This experience has equipped me with the requisite skills to not only drive the successful processing of grants and procurement but also to leverage resources in a manner that maximizes their impact and aligns with the organization’s overarching objectives.

My comprehensive project management abilities, refined through hands-on experience in blockchain development, corporate leadership, and engagement with prominent blockchain initiatives, position me to actively contribute to the procurement committee by ensuring the streamlined management and successful execution of strategic initiatives within the ArbitrumDAO.

Technological Proficiency:

My technological proficiency encompasses a diverse range of tools and languages, enabling me to drive innovation and development within the blockchain space. With expertise in languages such as Rust, Solidity, Python, and JavaScript, I have actively contributed to the advancement of decentralized applications (dApps) within the Ethereum and Arbitrum ecosystems. My proficiency in React and NextJs has further enabled me to architect user-friendly interfaces and enhance the overall user experience of blockchain applications.

In addition to my programming acumen, I boast a deep understanding of blockchain protocols and their implementation. This includes hands-on experience in building and deploying smart contracts, integrating decentralized finance (DeFi) protocols, and contributing to the development of blockchain infrastructure.

My technical proficiency extends to utilizing various development tools and methodologies, allowing me to effectively manage and execute projects. I am well-versed in using project management tools such as Asana, Airtable, and Multi-Sigs, enabling me to coordinate team efforts and deliver projects with precision and efficiency.

Moreover, my experience with grant applications and navigating retroactive public goods funding processes has provided me with a comprehensive understanding of the technical requirements and implications of blockchain-related grants and initiatives. This expertise equips me with the insight necessary to evaluate the technical aspects of procurement proposals effectively and ensure that they align with the technological goals and standards of the ArbitrumDAO.

In conclusion, my extensive technological proficiency, complemented by a robust understanding of blockchain development and infrastructure, uniquely positions me to contribute valuable technical insights within the ADPC, fostering the successful procurement of services that are aligned with the technological aspirations of the ArbitrumDAO.

4 Likes