PROCUREMENT COMMITTEE ELECTION PROCESS
In light of the Procurement Committee temperature check that resulted in 99.28% of participants voting in favor, I’d like to announce the commencement of the election process that will run in parallel with the on-chain vote, which will fully implement the ArbitrumDAO Procurement Committee.
Disclaimer: The implementation of the elected members with the corresponding rights & obligations will only be effective should the on-chain proposal for establishing the ‘ArbitrumDAO Procurement Committee’ pass accordingly.
The ADPC will be composed of three  members that will facilitate & administer procurement frameworks as ratified by the ArbitrumDAO from time to time. The appointment of ADPC members will be effected via an open election process via Snapshot’s weighted voting system; wherein the first three  ranked members in the vote will be elected to the ADPC. Albeit not legally binding, when voting for prospective members of the ADPC, delegates & token holders alike should prioritize the following eligibility criteria to equip the ADPC in carrying out its mandate properly.
[i] ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Albeit not being legally binding, prospective voters looking to assess election applicants should in-principle conduct their assessments in light of these criteria:
A demonstrated knowledge of procurement principles & best practices;
In-depth knowledge of procurement frameworks as ratified by the ArbitrumDAO from time to time;
At least 3 years experience in Legal, Operations, or an Administrative role.
- Disclosure of any involvement in ethical breaches, fraud, manipulation, or other forms of misconduct, whether in the past or present.
- Failure to provide accurate and complete disclosure of such information will result in the forfeiture of the applicant’s eligibility upon discovering this information.
Conflicts of Interest and Independence of Mind
- Disclosure is required for any actual or potential conflicts of interest that may emerge upon being selected for the role applied for.
- This includes any factors that may impair one’s ability to carry out decisions with sound, objective, and independent judgment.
- A comprehensive grasp of industry-specific service procurement challenges, procurement frameworks, and prevailing best practices.
- Previous experience drafting governance proposals.
Analytical Skills for Service Contracts
- Robust analytical capabilities for evaluating and negotiating service contracts, including service-level agreements (SLAs) and performance metrics.
- The ability to identify and assess risks associated with service procurement decisions.
Financial Acumen (Service Costs)
A firm grounding in financial aspects of service procurement, including budgeting, cost analysis, and financial implications.
- Exceptional communication abilities, both oral and written, for managing relationships and interactions with service providers, stakeholders, and fellow committee members.
- The capacity to convey complex service procurement information clearly and effectively.
- A high degree of proficiency in negotiating service agreements and SLAs to secure favorable terms, pricing structures, and quality standards with service providers should the need arise.
- The ability to build and maintain positive relationships with service providers.
Project Management Abilities
- Proficiency in project management related to service procurement, including project planning, execution, and performance monitoring.
- The ability to effectively manage timelines, resources, and deliverables for service projects.
- An unwavering commitment to ethical conduct in all service procurement activities, ensuring transparency and fairness in service provider whitelisting & facilitation.
The ability to function effectively as a committee team member and collaborate with other organizational departments, stakeholders, and service providers.
Willingness to consider diverse perspectives and reach consensus on service procurement decisions.
- Familiarity with service procurement software and tools for managing service procurement processes, data analysis, and reporting.
- Previous experience with Asana/Airtable.
- Previous experience with Multi-Sigs.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills to make informed and strategic service procurement choices aligned with the organization’s service procurement strategy.
[ii] PROCEDURE & ELECTION TIMELINE
- Forum Post
This Forum Post will detail the eligibility criteria (ref. above), and the application template prospective applicants must use.
Within a 3 business-day period from the publication of this Forum Post on the ArbitrumDAO Forums, the submission period will be initiated for 7 business days;
- Application Submission (7 business days):
Anyone may apply on this dedicated page of the ArbitrumDAO Forums in conformity with the application template stipulated hereunder;
- KYB/KYC + Delegate Review Period (7 business day period following the end of Application Submission Period):
Applicants who would have validly submitted their applications in conformity with the application template will then be required to undergo KYC/KYB processes. All candidates will cooperate with the Arbitrum Foundation and complete the compliance process. The Arbitrum Foundation is responsible for removing any candidates who fail the compliance process. Only applicants who pass KYB/KYC will be eligible for the ADPC election;
- Member election (7 business day period following the end of KYB/KYC + Delegate Review Period):
A Snapshot with weighted voting will be included, including the list of all eligible candidates. The three  highest-voted candidates will be elected to the Procurement Committee.
The ArbitrumDAO may approve and implement a Non-Constitutional AIP to change future ADPC election rules. Still, the AIP process may not be used to intervene in an ongoing election.
[iii] ELECTION APPLICATION TEMPLATE
Name of Applicant & Applicant’s Representative [If Applicable]:
Telegram Handle (if applicable):
LinkedIn Profile (if applicable):
Primary languages spoken:
Disclosure of other time commitments:
[Refer to Eligibility Criteria] Please briefly overview your experience in the digital asset industry and, more specifically, the Ethereum & Arbitrum Ecosystems. Include any relevant projects, contributions, or roles within the ArbitrumDAO, if applicable. (400 words max)
Objectives & Motivation
Explain how you envision contributing to the primary mandate of ADPC (300 words max)
Disclose any past or present involvement in ethical breaches, fraud, manipulation, or other forms of misconduct. If you have no history of such activities, please explicitly state this. (300 words max)
Skills and Experience
[Refer to Eligibility Criteria] Provide details about your relevant skills and experience in Legal, Operations & Admin, including any previous work or contributions related to the mandate of the ADPC (300 words max)
Explain your understanding of the specific industry or sector related to the services in which the ADPC will operate, especially in the context of procurement. (300 words max)
Financial Acumen (Service Costs)
Describe your experience and capabilities in budgeting, cost analysis, and understanding financial implications related to service procurement. (300 words max)
Highlight any previous experience in negotiating service agreements, securing favorable terms, pricing structures, and quality standards with service providers. (300 words max)
Project Management Abilities
Provide examples of your project management skills related to service procurement, including planning, execution, and performance monitoring. Include references to any relevant tools that you’ve utilized in this regard. (300 words max)
Kindly detail your experience with service procurement software and tools, focusing on key insights gained from your prior use of platforms such as Asana/Airtable and Multi-Sigs. Additionally, list any other relevant software and tools that you might have utilized or consider pertinent in this domain. (300 words max)
Super excited about this, and I am looking forward to seeing awesome candidates step forward and and drive the space forward. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions. LFG!