Proposal: AIP-1.1 - Lockup, Budget, Transparency

ChainLinkGod will vote in favor for AIP-1.1.

I originally made four points of feedback on the original AIP-1 proposal, which echoed many of the concerns others had raised. I believe these points of feedback have been adequately addressed.

Splitting Up The Proposals

The original omnibus structure of AIP-1 contained too many non-contentious and contentious items packaged together into a single vote. With the transparency report on the initial Foundation setup, AIP-1.1 focused on the Foundation’s 750M allocation, and AIP-1.2 focused on amendments, the scope of what the community is voting on is far more manageable and sets a better precedent.

Administrative Budget Wallet

I was always supportive of the creation and funding of the Arbitrum Foundation, however felt there was too little information to how the assets were going to be used . The budget proposed in this proposal looks to be reasonable and the transparency report provided the much needed context on the Foundation directors’ backgrounds.

The smart contract enforced vesting of Foundation funds is also a nice addition, providing greater accountability over fund usage. While I believe the vesting schedule to be too conservative, creating a risk that the Foundation may miss out on key deals, given that the Foundation can propose to accelerate vesting, and the DAO having the ultimate ability to change the vesting speed, I support this move.

Retroactive Voting

My biggest concern with AIP-1 was having the DAO vote retroactively on actions that have already taken place. Therefore, I’m aligned with the decision to move initial foundation setup decisions to the transparency report and have it out of scope of what the DAO is actually voting on (future votes can always be made on additional changes). While I still believe the original communications around the allotment of the 750M ARB and its partial usage was poor, I do not believe the Foundation had/has any malicious intent. I believe it is in the best interests of the Arbitrum community to move forward and place the funds in the vesting smart contract, where the DAO has oversight.

Voting Threshold

Will comment on this on the AIP-1.2 proposal, TL;DR I’m aligned.

8 Likes