Proposal: Return funds to arb users who sent their airdrop tokens to the contract address

I encountered same issue. I hope it gets resolved soon

2 Likes

I myself am confused as to how this could have happened. When I tried to send them to another address, they went to a сlaiming contract. But I’m sure I never copied it.

8 Likes

well observed, I don’t know what could have made other holders transfer the tokens, in my case I had made the claim in a hotwallet and wanted to transfer it to my cold wallet, and at that moment the error happened

10 Likes

Everyone has a different case, someone lost tokens when trying to send them to the exchange. Someone just wanted to transfer them to a safer place, someone just got debited from his wallet. The only thing they all have in common is that they were sent to the Arbitrum Foundation contract address. And it depends on the team’s decision whether they will return the tokens or not, because they are the only ones who can do that.

13 Likes

i have same problem-resolve it please!

5 Likes

True worst thing is this they go to arb dddont mean later contract dont send them further :(( he did

I encountered same issue. I hope it gets resolved soon
it’s my mistake, but resolve it please

1 Like

Thank you for your recommandation we know that this is our mistake but i hope arbitrum foundation will help us.
Thank you for your interest.

Good idea, I also have the same situation as you.
Hope the team Arbitrum will quickly solve this problem.
Thanks you

6 Likes

Thank you so much for this wonderful proposal.

2 Likes

I tried to send ARB to Binance, but by some mistake the tokens were sent to the contract address. I very much hope that this problem will be solved and the team will return the money to the victims of this situation

8 Likes

I have same problem .Thank you so much for this proposal . please resolve it.

5 Likes

Thank you so much @Welly for this proposal. I agree with his proposal as someone who has transferred all $ARB’s to the contract address.

I think we need someone for delegation with more than 5M tokens to create this proposal offically in the DAO. I have contacted with Brian Fakhoury via Twitter. Brian is the 7th delegate in power of voting in Arbitrum DAO. He said that he can help us to create the official proposal but he has 2.5M delegates for now. We need to increase his delegation power to 5M if we do not know someone with more voting power.

Below you can find his profile and delegation button that you can reach over Tally.

Best,

10 Likes

This is great news. If he helps, people will just have to delegate tokens to him as a gratitude.

6 Likes

Well from Arbitrum Foundation point of view I want to emphasize that positive moods of investors literally and truly contributes to either project wellbeing, $ARB price, decentralization of Arbitrum, expansion of this project and profits in $ and not only for Arbitrum - when $ARB price goes up , total company figures will go up

Win / win situation - if this proposal goes through successfully. You dont have to trust me but I am master of economics. Perhaps I know a thing or two how to make xxx token or project develop in practice :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Will delegate arb to him if this goes through

1 Like

Haha, I can already see the headlines “Arbitrum Foundation returned tokens to affected users who were sent to a contract address.”

5 Likes

Pls arbitrum Foundation Team return back the tokens that has been sent to the ARB contract address to senders

1 Like

I hear you, my gut feeling says 90% of people here were just looking to sell but of course something like what happened to you is possible and as I said, I find the proposal to be definitely legitimate and I wish the best to all of you.

6 Likes

I too have encountered such a problem. Instead of the right address, my tokens went back to the claim contract.

As an alternative to the initiative proposed by the author, you can consider this solution to the problem:

open a form for a week(or more) where users can insert their address and hash of the transaction with the transfer of tokens to the Arbitrum Foundation contract addresses. You don’t need a large staff to do this, and it won’t put a lot of pressure on the team.
This decision will also have a positive impact on the reputation of the team.

P.S. Such mistakes are not uncommon in the crypto space. The Arbitrum network is aimed at mass adoption, due to high speeds and cheap transactions. But the possibility of such situation will scare away new users. A step towards users by developers would inspire more trust. Also it occurred to me that if UI of Web3 interfaces would be more userfriendly I think it would be possible to reduce such situations to a minimum.

4 Likes