Query on Security Council Membership Limits and Financial Incentives

Hello everyone,

Some points came to mind when listening to todays discussion.
I have a couple of questions regarding the Security Council’s governance and would appreciate some clarification.

1. Limits on Multiple DAO Memberships: Is there a cap on how many Security Councils a person can be a member of across different DAOs? Holding multiple positions introduces operational risks, such as conflict of interest, divided attention, centralisation and puts a target on their back making them a huge point of failure.
  2. Financial Incentives and Trading Capacity Disclosure: Are council members required to disclose if they hold a certain number (N) of Arbitrum tokens or work in any trading capacity? Understanding these affiliations is crucial as does introduce financial risks, insider trading and potentially bias council decisions.

If there are limitations or disclosures required and are these made publicly available?

I understand some of my points above are mentioned in the security council service agreement but these AFAIK are not public.

Thank you for taking the time to address these queries. Looking forward to your responses.

Best regards,
Haaroon

4 Likes