[Request for Comment - Draft Proposal] Building a Pluralist Grants Framework - Milestone 1

Some really great ideas here backed by an OG team. I can see this going exciting places!

Here are some thoughts to help with deliberation:

What is the rationale for rolling 1,2,3 & 4 into one proposal rather than separate ones?

For example, I can conceivably want to fund the direct grants program but not the matching Gitcoin pool or vice versa. Why not let the community vote separately on the budget items?

Do we know what impact if any OTC sales of 5 million ARB or 0.1% of the treasury can have on the overall price & valuation of the remaining ARB in the treasury? If it causes downward pressure on the price it would then constitute more than 0.1% of the treasury, so not sure I agree with the framing here.

Has there been any consensus on what this limit is? I would think that this exercise should take place prior to a vote on this proposal or any other that comes up, so we have clarity on how much of this years funding is to this proposal versus the amount still left for the community to independently allocate.

I wouldn’t want voters to become apathetic as there are few funds left for proposals organically coming together on this forum!

2 Likes