UniDex is the everything aggregator in DeFi, allowing users to find efficient routes for their swaps, perp trades, or even RPC requests. UniDex started as a meta-aggregator back in 2020 where trades would route through multiple aggregators to give traders the best rate. Since then we’ve expanded to aggregating perp dexs and eventually infrastructure like RPC endpoints.
Team Members and Qualifications:
Krunal Amin | Developer
Arthur Woytna | Developer
Gor Shipaktsyan | Developer
Vladimir Hovsepyan | Developer
Vinayak | Developer
Syed Ahmed | Growth
Telegram: Telegram: Contact @unidexfinance
Discord: UniDex Community
Mirror: UniDex Exchange
Swap Aggregator: https://app.unidex.exchange
Perp Aggregator: https://leverage.unidex.exchange
Do You Acknowledge That Your Team Will Be Subject to a KYC Requirement?: Yes
Requested Grant Size: 750,000 ARB
Grant Matching: 10,000 UNIDX
375,000 ARB + 5,000 UNIDX (50%) - Trades routed to native UniDex liquidity pools
262,500 ARB + 2,500 UNIDX (25%) - Perp trades routed to other Arbitrum perp DEXs via aggregation
93,750 ARB + 1,250 UNIDX (12.5%) - Liquidity provider rewards
93,750 ARB + 1,250 UNIDX (12.5%) - Positive slippage matching for swaps
Funding Address: 0x4aa7e6634d67a49d179dbfc6f5353de7a833922e
Funding Address Characteristics: 2/3 Gnosis Safe multisig secured by Hardware wallets and key team members.
Contract Address: 0xD152f549545093347A162Dce210e7293f1452150 | disperse contract deployed on Arbitrum to automate sending tokens to multiple addresses.
- Promote volume and activity on capital-efficient pools on Arbitrum
- Improve liquidity for the initial market-making layer for perps
- Give traders a financial incentive to utilize an intent-based swap meta-aggregator
How will receiving a grant enable you to foster growth or innovation within the Arbitrum ecosystem?
UniDex is a protocol that empowers other protocols. The job of an aggregator is to connect users with an underutilized or more optimal path at that moment. There is no bias for an aggregator and how well a protocol can “do marketing” is irrelevant. All that matters is numbers and giving traders the best fill.
There are more Perp DEXs on Arbitrum than you can count with both hands, but most won’t catch traders attention even when they’re offering better rates than other platforms. At UniDex, we’re seasoned in aggregation, pioneering perp and spot aggregation since 2020. This grant is not merely a resource for us; it’s a catalyst for the entire ecosystem. It will unlock liquidity sources that might otherwise remain untapped and elevate the utilization of aggregators comprehensively.
We are confident in asserting that we stand out as the most qualified project to declare, “This grant serves to enhance and leverage the entire Arbitrum ecosystem.” The support from these incentives will enable users to access a diverse array of protocols, fostering growth and optimizing the potential of what Arbitrum has to offer.
We ask for 750,000 ARB because of the positive impact we’ve had on the Arbitrum ecosystem since our deployment during the first few minutes Mainnet went live, and how well we would be able to foster growth to lesser-known protocols that have been integrated.
UniDex has been at the forefront, offering numerous public goods and high-quality services. We’ve provided subgraph hosting services for teams, freely available and public aggregated RPC endpoints, a deeply integrated swap protocol, and we stand as the first and most comprehensive perp aggregator. A substantial portion of the incentives directly promotes the use of other protocols through our aggregator, both for spot and perps. Therefore, we believe our request aligns perfectly with the values and objectives of the STIP program, aiming to bolster growth & usage of the entire ecosystem.
375,000 (50%) - Trades routed to native UniDex liquidity pools
- Trades that are routed to UniDex LPs for perps will have a scoring system for how much is rebated back to the user.
- Each trade will have 20% of the fee spent rebated back but this can be increased based on certain factors outlined below
- We assume weekly numbers for referred volume and referring 10m in volume qualifies you for the lower 2 tiers bonus as well
262,500 (25%) - Perp trades routed to other Arbitrum perp DEXs via aggregation
- Trades aggregated to other perp DEXs would follow a similar rebate structure
93,750 (12.5%) - Liquidity provider rewards
- The goal here is to increase TVL, give more opportunity for collateral swaps, and increase utilization of commonly aggregated pools
- Rewards are distributed automatically, and yield hopping is curbed through the user of minimum deposit times. This encourages longer term pooling and keeps activity healthy.
- Any LP would be eligible for rewards based on the amount deposited.
- We treat the USD deposit value / Total TVL for how much rewards you will be earning
93,750 (12.5%) - Positive slippage / Surplus matching for swaps
- We will use 12.5% of the grant to match positive slippage earned from a swap
- The positive slippage can occur from regular spot trades or collateral swaps during the perp aggregation process
- This greatly encourages traders to use the batch auction meta-aggregator as there’s an incentive to use the meta-aggregator, while also increasing the chance for additional surplus due to the increased frequency of batched orders from CoW orders.
Monday, October 16, 2023 - Monday, January 29, 2024 → 15 weeks
Do you accept the funding of your grant streamed linearly for the duration of your grant proposal, and that the multisig holds the power to halt your stream?
Is the Protocol Native to Arbitrum?
No, UniDex aims to provide traders and everyday users with the best service without bias. Exclusively catering to users of a single chain would not be aligned with our values to help every traders regardless of where they choose to transact.
On what other networks is the protocol deployed?
What date did you deploy on Arbitrum?
Day 1 when mainnet was opened (August 2021)
UniDex has contributed over +$1,000,000,000 in trading volume across perps and spot markets. There are several dashboards and endpoints to view the data over time such as on Dune, TokenTerminal, and as of recently our new stats page. We’ve been some of the first to push the adoption of commonly used practices such as meta-aggregation, perp aggregation, and real yield.
- Listing more innovative and exciting pairs (such as our recently listed FRIEND-USD pair which trades the TVL of friend.tech)
- Integrating more Perp DEXs into our perp aggregator
- Permissionless pool creation to create a uniswap-esque factory system
- Cross-margining support between multiple perp dexs
- Improvements to data reporting and stats
- Improvements to the frontend and backend UX
- Native mobile app for spot and perp aggregation
- Custom RPC endpoints for higher tier higher output aggregated RPC calls
- Further optimizing the Aggregation path for spot and perps
- Capture off chain liquidity for our intent-based swaps.
The leverage protocol has undergone numerous tests and the contracts have been utilized for over 2 years. You can find our full-scale audit here.
Provide details on how your team is equipped to provide data and reporting on grant distribution.
Is your team prepared to create Dune Dashboards for your incentive program?
Does your team agree to provide bi-weekly program updates on the Arbitrum Forum thread?
We’re ready to create and maintain dune dashboards and team-built stats pages to track usage. We’ve already built dashboards and custom dune pages to track our internal incentive programs, which would be no different for this STIP.
Does your team acknowledge that failure to comply with any of the above requests can result in the halting of the program’s funding stream?