#3 Arbitrum Open Governance Call (28.06.2023)

Hey,
a friendly reminder, that we’re having a third Open Governance Call today!

The call will take place again on Google Meet: meet.google.com/ouo-uskg-niq today at 4pm UTC (same as last time).

I propose the following agenda:

• AIP-1.1 & AIP-1.2 passed, what’s next?
  • AIP-1.1 issue discussion
  • update from the Foundation on the current issues
  • upcoming Security Council Elections
  • the question regarding if off-chain changes require on-chain vote
  • other issues

Proposals to discuss:

• Activate support for account abstraction endpoint on One and Nova
  • Grant Frameworks
  • Rarible Protocol - Arbitrum Integration Proposal
  • other proposals

We will record the call and publish it later on for a public review, so please keep that in mind.

Hope to see you all today!

13 Likes

Noted and acknowledged.

4 Likes

Missed:( How often do you make these calls? If you have certain dates in mind, I should make a note of them so I don’t forget. Unfortunately, I can’t check the forum every day. Can you at least have informed us a few days ago? I really want to be part of it.

1 Like

Sorry you’ve missed it, next time I’ll make sure to announce it way earlier. The next one is planned for the July 26th, 16:00 UTC. You can find this and all the following Open Governance Calls in this public Arbitrum Governance calendar , I will be updating this calendar with other important governance events such as votes etc. (btw, please send me any event that should be placed in the calendar, I’ll be happy to add it). I will post a recording of the call in the next post so you can see what was happening.

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer. I’ll make my suggestions about the calendar. See you in the next call. I hope i can join :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Once again, I am very grateful to all of you who joined the #3 Open Governance Call! This was an intense call and many topics were covered, I hope you all found it as useful as I did!

You can find the recording of this call here: #3 Arbitrum Open Governance Call (2023-06-28 18:05 GMT+2) - Google Drive

and the log of the chat is available here: #3 Arbitrum Open Governance Call (2023-06-28 18:05 GMT+2) - Google Drive

The next one is scheduled to take place exactly four weeks after the last one, on July 26th, 16:00 UTC.

As @stonecoldpat suggested on the call - it would be great if you could share your feedback on how these calls are going and what would you expect from the future ones, what you would like to see/hear more of. Please share your comment here in the thread or feel free to shoot me a DM.

5 Likes

As representatives of the Seedlatam delegation, along with @cattin and other delegation members, we had the privilege of participating in this Open Governance Call #3.

During this session, we delved into engaging discussions about the active proposals on the forum and received interesting updates from the Arbitrum foundation. It was a valuable opportunity to exchange ideas and insights between delegators.

I am pleased to share the minuta of the meeting with all of you right below.

Open Governance Call #3 Minuta (June 28, 2023)

Attendance. 24 people.

Agenda:

• AIP-1.1 and AIP-1.2 have passed, what’s next?
  • Discussion on the problem with AIP-1.1.
  • Update from the foundation on current problems.
  • Security Council elections
  • The question of whether off-chain changes require on-chain voting.
  • Other issues.

Proposals to discuss:

• Activate support for account abstraction endpoint on One and Nova.
  • Grant Framework.
  • Rarible Protocol - Arbitrum Integration Proposal.
  • Other proposals.

Notes in the meeting

AIP-1.1 and AIP-1.2 have passed, what’s next?

Basically, after these proposals and the voting process, they will be implemented and go into effect.

Discussion on the problem with AIP-1.1

• There was an error in a timestamp that was not critical but was still initially included in AIP-1.1 and the proposal could not be cancelled once it was proposed, so another one had to be made.

• They propose that the foundation hire someone to audit the onchain proposals and make sure that the specs being used are correct.

• Discussion about separating the auditor from the proposer.

Foundation updates

Update 1:

Anuja Khatri (from the Arbitrum foundation) is working on a grant program for infrastructure and DEVs. According to her, it is a small grant program and will take a couple of weeks, tentatively between July 15 and 17.

Observations of the update 1:

• Applications for the grant program will be reviewed by the foundation team.
  • The foundation says it will be private.
  • A notion will be put together with more details for the next community call - should have it ready around July 15.

Update 2:

There will be an ambassador program (under development) tentatively in September.

It will be composed in 2 phases:

1. The first phase is open to any university/student to apply.
  2. The second phase is for anyone who wants to be an ambassador to join.

Basically what they are looking for is that ambassadors serve to create content and also serve as a bridge between arbitrum and the communities they represent.

PROPOSALS:

Activate support for account abstraction endpoint on One and Nova.

There were no contradictions to this proposal. As it will be a nice update to Ethereum that Arbitrum already plans to implement.

Grant Frameworks

There were comments about Disruption Joe’s proposal, about the approach to it and the scope they are looking for with it.

Rarible Protocol - Arbitrum Integration Proposal

The possible integration of Rarible protocol in Arbitrum and the benefits it would bring with it were discussed. Also the idea of creating a community marketplace of NFTs for Arbitrum was expressed.

Other proposals (Link)

There was an excellent acceptance of this proposal where the idea is presented to have clear guiding criteria to avoid confusion in the future, especially for those new usersof the DAO.

Conclusion

By reviewing this minuta, I hope than you’ll gain a comprehensive understanding of the topics covered and the discussion than the delegators and participants had.

Thank you so much for your time and congratulations to all the organizers and participants who made this event possible each month. I’ll hope to write more minutas in the future! :handshake:

9 Likes