Arbitrum DAO Grants Domain Allocator Nominations

gm everyone!

Below is my application for the domain allocator role under the category of Education, Community Growth, and Events.

Name: Shreddy

Forum Username: Shreddy

Twitter: @shreddydefi (sorry I can’t post more than two links >.<)

What is your experience in the interested domain?

I have quite a bit of experience in building & scaling crypto communities as well as working with grant programs, with a specialized focus in web3 grants.

Since 2020, I have been working with various crypto organizations, pioneering community building and growth in web3. Those organizations include: Olympus DAO, Klima DAO, Spice Finance, & Jones DAO. I have served in a lead marketing role for 3 of those organizations; Olympus, Spice, and Jones.

Within each org, I have helped develop & grow communities with memberships numbering in the 10’s of thousands. Through my help, each of these protocols reached new levels of success, TVL, and engagement.

Likewise, I have experience working with Grant programs. I was an early contributor and advisor to both the Olympus Grants & Olympus Incubator programs during my role as Marketing Lead at Olympus. Some of the projects I advised on ended up becoming prominent Arbitrum protocols such as Vesta & Jones DAO, the latter of which I am now a lead contributor of.

Here are some links to those programs:

What would you like to see built on Arbitrum in your domain and what a good grant proposal looks like for you?

Speaking from experience as someone who runs communities & events in the Arbitrum space, there are a few specific things I myself would love to see built.

Examples of proposals I would be excited to see:

• Event management tools for Discord / Telegram / X
  • Guild-style quest tools that disincentivize bot behavior and incentivize real engagement
  • An Arbitrum-Wiki listing all prominent projects and their use cases. Updated regularly.
  • Cross-community collaboration tools
  • Social alignment tools / Referral links made simple

That being said, I am open to many new ideas and hope to see things that I may not have considered to begin with. I am happy to be surprised.

A good grant proposal should present a unique idea that will change the way people interact with Arbitrum in a practical way. A good grant proposal should NOT be a fork of another protocol or a small iteration of a previously existing project.

Time commitment:

There is no issue with the 15 hour time commitment. If a project requires more time for consideration, I will be flexible catering to that need.

Declaration of Conflict of Interest:

If any grant proposals for Jones DAO were to come about, I would be fine abstaining from that decision making process.

6 Likes