Arbitrum DAO Grants Domain Allocator Nominations

Greetings from vardhanam, representing The Other DAO!

I’d like to submit my nomination for ‘Education, Community Growth and Events’ domain.

1. Name: vardhanam
  2. Forum username: @vardhanam
  3. Twitter (not really using it): @ vardhanam_eth
  4. What is your experience in the interested domain? Please share links and supporting information. Do you have experience running in any other grant programs?

I’m in crypto space since 2017. Have seen a lot and got a huge experience in any kind of activities.

I’m founder of:

The Other DAO - a private community of researchers and builders
The Other Crowd - @ theothercrowd - a public telegram channel
The Other Chat - @ theotherchat - a public telegram group

The expertise of members of The Other DAO is going to be the main resource for me as Domain Allocator. Here’s the list of projects where our members’ (including myself) contributed (or still contributing) to building juicy crypto communities:

Aleo
zkSync
Flow
Moonbeam
Connext Network
Socket (Bungee)
ClayStack
Binance
Clipper
Forta
Monad
Orbiter
Risk Harbor
Manta Network
Azuro Protocol
Eco
Biconomy

Our members are actively contributing in community development, including all levels of participation: from Community Lead role to Ambassador.
I’ll be gently using the collective expertise and huge experience of our community builders of all these projects in order to serve as a Domain Allocator.

1. What would you like to see built on Arbitrum in your domain and what a good grant proposal looks like for you

I’d like Arbitrum to be not only an abstract technological solution but also a friendly community where members are friendly and supporting each other, where there are many possibilities of engagement and people are looking forward to participating in new events.

In order to achieve that I’d like to see applications that have clear value for Arbitrum and it’s members.

What I need to see in an application:

Alignment with core principles of Arbitrum ecosystem
Vibrant out-of-the-box ideas
Online and offline events
Inclusion for all and everyone
Big dreams and clear KPI
Education for different levels, including developers
Not only action but also celebration: community building must include great parties as well
Quality networking
Vision of how the idea is supporting the greater image of Arbitrum Ecosystem

1. Time commitment

I’m comfortable being active 15 hours per week as a Domain Allocator. And if it’s necessary it could be more. I’m flexible.

1. Declaration of Conflict of Interest

I don’t have any conflict of Interest as of now.

Thanks for reading my application. It would be my honor to become a Domain Allocator to serve the community.

2 Likes