Arbitrum DAO Grants Domain Allocator Nominations

Nomination for Domain Allocator in Developer Tooling for NOVA

1. Candidate Information:

• Name: Shlok Mange
  • Forum username: shlokm289
  • Twitter: shlokm289

2. Professional Experience & Contributions: I serve as the Founder and CEO of Bytekode Labs, where we are dedicated to building tools and SDKs to refine web3 user experience and simplify its development landscape.

My expertise lies deeply within the realm of dev tooling in the EVM ecosystem and web3. This is further exemplified by the grants our efforts have been recognized with - courtesy of ETH India, PolygonDAO, and Filecoin.

Bytekode Labs, originally conceptualized during a hackathon, blossomed into a reputable company following an angel investment by the Buidlers’ Tribe.

I’m proud to highlight my association with Fellowship programs by Polygon and Celo. My contributions include pioneering a peer-to-peer payments layer on Celo and developing a transaction decoder library universal to all EVM chains.

Additionally, my recognition as a top-five hacker on Devfolio, the most expansive hacker community in India, is a testament to my passion and expertise. My portfolio also boasts multiple accolades from hackathons focused on crafting developmental tooling for the web3 ecosystem.

In a bid to further the open-source landscape, I developed a distinctive library facilitating automated data backups transition from web2 to web3.

3. Vision for Arbitrum & Criteria for Grant Proposals: The Arbitrum ecosystem presents an avenue with a lack of tools dedicated to crafting seamless web3 user experiences, especially when catering to mobile devices. I envisage the development of plug-and-play modules streamlining user interactions with dApps.

Ideal grant proposals would incorporate:

• Executive Summary: Concise project overview.
  • Project Details: A detailed technical breakdown on their project, why is beneficial to the ecosystem, what are the techincal challenges, and if there are any, is the team skilled enough to tackle those challenges.
  • Current Status: Links, prototypes, screenshots pertaining to the current development of the project. If the project is still in idea stage - a visual chart (excalidraw) will be sufficient.
  • Grant Amount & Breakdown: A detailed breakdown on the funding amount requested, and how the team plans to use the funds.
  • Goals & Milestones: 8-week plan detailing implementation and expected results.
  • Team Introduction: Details of project contributors with pertinent backgrounds and demonstrated skillsets.
  • Recognition: Accolades and awards pertinent to team members.
  • Support Requests: Anticipated requirements from the grants committee.

4. Commitment: I can assure a commitment of up to 20 hours weekly, ensuring a swift turnaround time of 24 hours.

5. Conflict of Interest Declaration: Currently, I am free from any conflicts of interest. However, should any arise, I pledge to promptly disclose all relevant information to the grants committee in advance.

1 Like