Arbitrum loyalty program proposal

Hi guys.
I have a proposal for DAO for further discussion. We are close to get expected airdrop. Sybils and airdrop hunters will definitely sell all or most of obtained tokens. Arbitrum fans like me who are interested in Arbitrum ecosystem and DAO development and sustainability will hold tokens thus participating all DAO events and ecosystem growth.

I would suggest special reward program for loyal users who will not sell airdropped tokens but hold at least more than 50% of received tokens and lock them in pools or put in hold for DAO voting.

83 Likes

Great idea @akharito ! I also think a form of incentive would be great to keep as many people in the ecosystem as possible. The airdrop will have a great reach and hopefully a staking pool or reward based system can help converting some / if not many of them into active DAO members

21 Likes

I support your idea. Considering the fact that more than 50% of tokens are sold after an initial airdrop, so with a possibility to stake ARB with hire rates would be great reward.

10 Likes

Penso que é uma grande ideia, seguindo essa linha de raciocínio conseguimos não vulgarizar o Token podemos fazer com ela alcance valores altos no mercado, porque quando há muita procura e pouca oferta ocorre uma maior valorização dos produtos

8 Likes

I like this idea as well. Also consider higher rewards for higher lock periods. Similar to what $magic did.

11 Likes

I like this idea as well and rewards

4 Likes

good dao is goddsuggest special reward program for loyal users who will not sell airdropped tokens but hold at least more than 50% of received tokens and lock them in pools or put in hold for DAO voting.

4 Likes

I also think that :100: :100: :100:

2 Likes

This Will be great opportunity for DAO growth and especially Arbitrum Ecosystem

3 Likes

Sounds intreating! but how do you want to distinguish the two groups ?

1 Like

This proposal sounds very good and will be very good if implemented as @akharito mentioned most airdrop holder will sell 100% of airdrop

1 Like

While the Arbitrum loyalty program proposal may seem appealing to those invested in the long-term growth of the Arbitrum ecosystem, it is essential to consider the potential challenges and drawbacks of such a program like

Centralization Risks: Rewarding users who hold and lock their tokens could inadvertently create a centralized system.

Incentive Imbalance: Offering additional rewards to loyal users could create an imbalance in incentives. This may deter new users from participating in the ecosystem, as they may feel disadvantaged in comparison to existing users who are receiving additional benefits.

Market Manipulation: A loyalty program that rewards users based on their token holding behavior might encourage market manipulation. Some users may exploit the program to maximize their rewards while undermining the project’s long-term success and stability.

Reduced Liquidity: Locking a significant amount of tokens in pools or for DAO voting purposes might result in reduced liquidity for the Arbitrum token. This reduced liquidity could negatively impact the token’s value and overall ecosystem stability.

Disincentivizing Use: The loyalty program could inadvertently discourage users from utilizing the Arbitrum ecosystem to its full potential. By incentivizing users to hold onto their tokens, they may be less likely to engage in transactions or other activities that could benefit the ecosystem.

Complexity: Implementing a loyalty program with specific rules and requirements could add unnecessary complexity to the Arbitrum ecosystem. This added complexity might be a barrier to entry for new users, deterring them from participating in the project.

Short-term Focus: The proposed loyalty program might not be a sustainable solution to address Sybil attacks and airdrop hunters. It may provide temporary stability but could create long-term issues by discouraging new users from joining and creating a centralized decision-making process.

While the Arbitrum loyalty program proposal has the best intentions in mind, it is essential to consider the potential issues and long-term implications before implementing such a program. It is crucial to find a balance that encourages long-term growth and stability while maintaining an inclusive and decentralized ecosystem.

9 Likes

Nice one idea I also have the same goal

1 Like

I decide not to sell my ARB after seeing this proposal.
Thinking bout translate it back to my wallet also

4 Likes

It’s not a question of who sells and who doesn’t: HODLs will make money anyway. If anyone should be encouraged now, it’s the developers. And HODL activity should simply be taken into account and then, with a complete database, develop and adopt criteria. Otherwise, we will get rid of bounty-hunters, but create new ones.

4 Likes

I like the greater than 50% of drop idea

3 Likes

Idea is great we have to surely work on it

1 Like

As currently there is sell pressure in market we have to take some step to preserve the value

I would not incentivize holding the token. I would rather do something similar as OP did

1 Like

Thats a great idea how do i use my token to vote here hahah

2 Likes