Arbitrum loyalty program proposal

Whales will save weak hands from tokens. What’s the use. Financially literate and risk-averse leave no more than 25% to vote

4 Likes

I like this idea. I think it would be helpful if there was some sort of additional loyalty program parameter if you are providing LP and hold 50% or more of your airdropped tokens as well. You can see on the arbitrum website main page that LPing was a criteria for the airdrop to begin with :).

5 Likes

As much as I wished I got the airdrop, which I didn’t. I can understand the feeling of free money that people wanna make before the normal rally.

I have bought some tokens and ready to lock for the future, that’s because I believe in the future of this project.

So, having a reward for real believers of the project sounds good and cool. I am in support.

2 Likes

I believe the essence of airdrop to users, in this case Arbitrum users, are

1. to reward users who have been with the project for long and who have repeatedly used the products and platform, and somewhat provided feedback that had helped the project achieved it’s goals.
    So it will be counterproductive for a project, in my opinion, to dictate how those they rewarded use their rewards.

2. to avail users with mean of partaking in the project’s future through decentralization/governance. I believe this in itself is an incentive for anyone to want to be part of. Arbitrum is big!

While there is nothing wrong in asking for more incentives that might bring/attract more people to partake in governance, we shouldn’t dictate how someone decides to spend or use his/her airdrop.

So for that those reasons, I will not be supporting this proposal:

Mind you, I am a delegate :hugs: because I delegated my token to myself so I have a voice.

2 Likes

Great idea man. Think certain level of loyalty program / tasks could definitely help to increase the stickiness of normal users. Also it’s vital to have special measures to focus contributors and builders in the ecosystem. They are the back bones of all of these

1 Like

Hello guys,

I STRONGLY disagree. Can you imagine Satoshi Nakamoto choosing to give more btc to hodlers for “long term growth” ? It would have killed Bitcoin. Same for Arbitrum : it makes no sens, and would involve so many issues we can’t predict right now (inflation, gov centralisation…)
Morever, I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t change anything : bounty hunters would have to choose between jumping to another ecosystem, or staying on Arbitrum a little bit longer. In both cases, they would finally vanished.

If you believe in Arbitrum, you don’t have to ask for more rewards and gov power. I see this as a begging for more free money to dump in the futur, to be honest. You believe in an ecosystem ? Just use it, build on it and promote it. You don’t need to turn it into a reward factory to make Arbitrum attractive.

3 Likes

Great idea !
Would be cool if we got staking system.

3 Likes

while this is interesting, I think it should also include those that didn’t get the drop and have become active members after the drop

4 Likes

nice proposal,

unfortunate i wont agree with everything you’ve said because this makes no sense
‘’ hold at least more than 50% of received token ‘’

Because if i send my arbitrum tokens to an exchange or swap like uniswap/1inch/sushi or other protocols to trade my token and take advantage of the situation. because the high network usage and fee’s during the first few hours of the token distribution. and later i might want to send them back to the original wallet.

everyone that is being part of the arbitrum foundation should be able to do this.

Greetings vic369.arb

2 Likes

That is a very good idear

2 Likes

i lke this ! is a good ideea

2 Likes

this should be considered if ever there is another reward coming

If this proposal were to ever make it to the polls, I would strongly oppose it. Firstly, it comes across as purely motivated by greed. Moreover, it fails to align with the core objectives of Arbitrum. The primary goal of Arbitrum is to enhance the scalability, usability, and accessibility of the Ethereum network for a diverse range of users and use cases. Turning it into a money printer would only inflate its value and empower a select few, further concentrating voting power among whales.

Read what Kramnatius.eth wrote.

3 Likes

TreasureDAO model could be simulated here. I agree with previous commenters.

1 Like

Very interesting idea I won’t sell my ARBs, let’s make the arbitrum community stronger :правая рука:leftwards_hand: :поднятые руки:

1 Like

I suggest that one reward should not be attached with too many conditions, but it can be divided into multiple rewards. For example: always hold the obtained tokens (or hold 50%); participate in voting; as for pledge, I think it should be determined by market interest rates.

1 Like

Idea is great we have to surely work on it

1 Like

Community development takes time, and there is still a long way to go before the bull market arrives,so do it

1 Like

Definetely a good idea. I just want to ask something though: Since alot of people are new over here, how do we vote for these proposals?

Regards,

1 Like

I like the idea, but as someone that didn’t get the drop for whatever reason, I’d ask that also people that buy tokens and hold them would be included.

1 Like