Delegate Statement Template

Name (organization or individual)

Nolan West

Wallet Address or ENS

opvault.eth
0x83dE3EC8d53b73B4EEE277f73a3F7D49171cb6f5

Tally Profile URL: * Tally | opvault.eth

What area are you most interested in contributing to?

• NFT development on Arbitrum
  • Improving Governance participation

Please share your stance on overall goals for the DAO:

• I do not care about liquidity mining. Bribing people to use X means X is useless. We aggressively build stuff that people NEED instead.

Sample Voting Issue 1:

1. Against
  2. No amendments, just cancel it altogether.
  3. The solution is reputational avatars, which solves most if not all DAO participation and token-weight voting problems.

Sample Voting Issue 2:
It depends entirely where the reimbursement would come from. If this were a case of introducing a self-executable on-chain transfer block on the hacked amount and reminting into the damaged parties’ accounts, I would vote yes. If the tokenholders and other network participants were to pay for this, no. Socializing losses across a large number of people is not acceptable when it is clear that very small circles of people are responsible for both insecure code and stealing the money.

Languages I speak and write:

• English, Vietnamese, Japan, Chinese.

Disclosure of Conflict(s) of Interest:

• no conflicts of interest
28 Likes

[quote=“Lemma, post:1, topic:31”]
Please respond to the submission template below by replying with your answers.

Artem

0xfA63ACA138164cEd380EC59BC7f2D6345bbE628f

Tally | 0xfA63...628f

What area are you most interested in contributing to? choose up tot wo tags:

• Public Goods funding

Fast decision making. Work together with developers

Prompts to Answer:

1. How would you vote?
    For
    Against

Prompts to Answer:

Outside the flipping of the vote, how would you choose to handle this situation?
i.e should parties be reimbursed for an exploit or not? (Please choose one of the below options and then elaborate upon your reasoning)

1. Full Reimbursement

Please elaborate on what instances you believe it is right to refund and which are not.

English and Russian

27 Likes
    • Arbitrum 上的 DeFi 开发, * 改善治理参与 比较感兴趣
      **对 DAO 总体目标的立场:
      流动性挖矿效率是积极的,增加社区活跃度。
      2.全额报销
      社区信誉度和社区生死的问题,有人参与社区才能发展,没有流动的社区那是独角戏
22 Likes

• Charaf Azzaoui

Wallet Address or ENS

• chaffie.eth

Tally Profile URL (create a profile here )

I would say Public Goods funding and Improving Governance participation.

• to increase community involvement and decision-making power, promote decentralization, and enhance the overall functioning and success of the project.

Sample Voting Issue 1:

However, in general, it is important to consider the balance between centralization and efficiency when making decisions. While centralization can enable faster decision-making, it can also lead to power imbalances and decreased community participation. Therefore, any amendments to the proposal should prioritize increasing transparency and community involvement while still allowing for efficient implementation.

Sample Voting Issue 2:
It would depend on the specific circumstances of the hack and the impact on the affected parties. In general, it is important to balance the needs of the affected parties with the overall health and sustainability of the project. Full reimbursement may not always be feasible or sustainable, but partial reimbursement or other forms of compensation may be appropriate in certain cases. Ultimately, any decision should be made with transparency and community input to ensure fairness and accountability.

• English, Dutch, arabic.

23 Likes

MA Crypto

0x91B75Ba14FACcD059889A8Dc84BE10adb50E5360

• DeFi development on Arbitrum
  • Tooling, Improving protocol decentralization
    for
21 Likes

• Viktor Kozakov

Wallet Address or ENS

• viktorcrypto.eth

• IRL Arbitrum community gatherings

• DAO is a key important element in our WEB 3.0. future. Real decentralization and responsible for their decision DAO participants the goal we strive to.

Sample Voting Issue 1:

1. Against
  2. The balance of voting power should be guaranteed.
  3. Initial equal and fair distribution between active participants, proving more power for useful for DAO actions. Strong DAO participants will be able to keep DAO healthy.

Sample Voting Issue 2:

1. Split Reimbursement
    Based on contribution, parties involvement, and available funds. Perhaps reimbursing with vesting.

• English, German, Ukrainian

18 Likes

Tên (tổ chức, cá nhân)
Shinrypto
Địa chỉ ví hoặc ENS
24htime.eth
Tally Profile URL (tạo một hồ sơ tại đây )

Tôi quan tâm đến 02 vấn đề đó là::

• Phát triển DeFi trên Arbitrum
  • Cải thiện sự tham gia của quản trị
    Lập trường mục tiêu cho DAO:
    Chúng ta đã biết rằng: mục đích của DAO là cho phép sự phát triển lành mạnh và phi tập trung của tổng số. Tất nhiên, tầm nhìn này có thể đòi hỏi nhiều khía cạnh khác nhau, từ các phần tập trung vào kỹ thuật và bảo mật hơn của bản cập nhật (mà DAO nên giám sát) để khuyến khích phát triển một hệ sinh thái lành mạnh và tăng trưởng với mã thông báo ARB.
    Nhìn chung, các mục tiêu của DAO và cách tiếp cận khai thác thanh khoản phải phù hợp với nhu cầu và ưu tiên của cộng đồng. DAO có thể hưởng lợi từ việc kết hợp phản hồi và đầu vào từ các thành viên cộng đồng để đảm bảo rằng các chiến lược và mục tiêu của họ phản ánh các giá trị và lợi ích của hệ sinh thái rộng lớn hơn.

1.Cho
2.Không có gì hơn
3.Sự đánh đổi giữa tập trung quyền lực và khả năng hoàn thành công việc là một thách thức chung đối với bất kỳ tổ chức nào, bao gồm cả DAO. Một mặt, tập trung quyền lực có thể mang lại khả năng lãnh đạo và ra quyết định rõ ràng, dẫn đến việc thực thi nhanh hơn và sử dụng các nguồn lực hiệu quả hơn. Mặt khác, tập trung hóa quá nhiều có thể kìm hãm sự đổi mới, hạn chế sự tham gia và dẫn đến việc ra quyết định không phản ánh nhu cầu và ưu tiên của cộng đồng rộng lớn hơn.

19 Likes
  • ETH Address: 0xbd9f70E2B1D741b4925c36A0315A5a9aC26BE776
  • ENS: moeen.eth
  • Twitter: @moeendoteth

Web3 believer, NFT, Crypto, Tech Nerd, Mac Expert, Drone Pilot, Photographer

I am a creative/passion-driven soul, art lover, and tech nerd, also heavily into Web3, NFT, and Cryptocurrency. I have a strong working and conceptional knowledge of all non-coding areas of the ecosystem such as Web3, layer 2, Blockchain, NFTs, Trading, DEFI, Smart Contracts, ETF, etc.; I follow news and developments daily and have concepts worked out in detail for projects, and also have some knowledge of coding parts, building and actively participating in different blockchain-related projects for the past one year, besides this I research and find new NFT/Crypto projects and their potential so I can HOLD or Trade them. I actively create content on Twitter and Youtube, covering news, and introducing new platforms, guides, and how-tos. I was a Mod in different discord servers and an alpha caller in our private group. I see our future in Web3.

17 Likes

Name : Nikita elbocca
Wallet Address 0x7F7Efe1A462A3758d6A21BD5205D77DF544203Dc

• Gaming development on Arbitrum
  • Supporting Infrastructure

Regarding the overall goals of the DAO, it depends on the DAO’s specific objectives and priorities. Still, generally speaking, the primary goal of a DAO is to enable decentralized decision-making and collective ownership, where members can participate in decision-making processes and have a say in how the DAO operates.

Regarding liquidity mining, the aggressiveness of the strategy will depend on the DAO’s resources, objectives, and risk tolerance. Liquidity mining can be an effective way to incentivize users to provide liquidity to the DAO’s pools, but it also carries risks, such as impermanent loss and volatility.

Regarding the voting issue, if I were a member of the DAO, I would consider the potential risks and benefits of the proposal and vote accordingly. If I believed that the proposal would benefit the DAO and its users, I would vote for it. Still, if I had concerns about the centralization of power and the favoring of one service provider over others, I would vote against it or propose amendments to address these concerns.

Regarding amendments to the proposal, I would suggest reducing the amount of control given to Flipside and increasing the involvement of other analytics service providers. For example, instead of having Flipside control the allocation committee, the DAO could establish a more decentralized approach that involves multiple service providers.

Regarding the tradeoff between centralization of authority and the ability to get things done, it’s essential to find a balance that ensures effective decision-making without compromising the DAO’s decentralized structure. One approach is to distribute decision-making power among multiple stakeholders and establish clear guidelines and processes for decision-making. Additionally, transparency and accountability are crucial to ensure that all members have a say in how the DAO operates.

17 Likes

Name

NamNV

Wallet Address or ENS

0xEB5513F156d5d896Fe8d1Ba9bfc850d0A38e7f95

DeFi development on Arbitrum
NFT development on Arbitrum
Gaming development on Arbitrum

Build a decentralized organization that would be able to curate and produce future decentralized content in a financially sustainable manner that rewards creators and outside the box thinking

Against
No amendments, just cancel it altogether.
The solution is reputational avatars, which solves most if not all DAO participation and token-weight voting problems.
Sample Voting Issue 2:
It depends entirely where the reimbursement would come from. If this were a case of introducing a self-executable on-chain transfer block on the hacked amount and reminting into the damaged parties’ accounts, I would vote yes. If the tokenholders and other network participants were to pay for this, no. Socializing losses across a large number of people is not acceptable when it is clear that very small circles of people are responsible for both insecure code and stealing the money.

English

no conflicts of interest

19 Likes

**Name: cuongdola.eth

**Wallet Address: 0x146C068692109F445F33DA05ce135F429359D2F5

**Tally Profile URL: Tally | cuongdola.bnb

1. DeFi development on Arbitrum
  2. NFT development on Arbitrum

As a prospective delegate for the DAO Arbitrum blockchain, my overall goal is to promote the growth and development of the community while ensuring that the interests of all members are represented. To achieve this, I believe that the DAO should prioritize initiatives that foster liquidity and encourage participation from a diverse range of stakeholders.

While liquidity mining can be a powerful tool for incentivizing participation and building momentum, I believe that it should be approached cautiously and with a long-term perspective. In my view, the primary goal of the DAO should be to create a sustainable and resilient ecosystem that can weather market fluctuations and adapt to changing conditions.

Regarding the issues that have been raised in other communities, I believe that it’s important to take a proactive and collaborative approach to addressing concerns and building trust. By engaging with members of other communities in a respectful and constructive manner, we can cultivate a culture of cooperation and mutual benefit that benefits everyone involved.

Ultimately, my stance on these issues is guided by a commitment to transparency, inclusivity, and responsible stewardship of the resources and assets entrusted to the DAO. As a delegate, I would work tirelessly to ensure that the community’s interests are represented and that the DAO continues to thrive and grow over the long term.

Sample Voting Issue 1:
As a delegate, I would vote against the Uniswap proposal as it currently stands. While I believe that bounties can be an effective way to attract new users to Uniswap, the proposal gives Flipside crypto too much control over the allocation of UNI and oversight of the program. In my view, this could lead to centralization of power and create an unfair advantage for Flipside.

Sample Voting Issue 2:
As a delegate, I believe that the Rari hack reimbursement situation is a complex issue that requires careful consideration and a nuanced approach. While I sympathize with those who were affected by the hack, I believe that it’s important to weigh the potential benefits and drawbacks of reimbursement carefully.

In my view, the decision of whether or not to reimburse parties affected by an exploit should be based on a number of factors, including the severity of the exploit, the impact on the community, and the feasibility of reimbursement. In some cases, full reimbursement may be appropriate if the exploit was particularly damaging or if it was the result of a systemic issue within the platform. However, in other cases, it may not be feasible or appropriate to provide full reimbursement.

Ultimately, I believe that the decision of whether or not to reimburse parties affected by an exploit should be made on a case-by-case basis, taking into account the unique circumstances of each situation. As a delegate, I would work to ensure that the interests of all members of the community are represented fairly and that decisions are made in a transparent and responsible manner.

VietNam, English

LFG ARBITRUM!

17 Likes

Hsn

10 Likes

• Bel Air

Wallet Address or ENS

• 0x9F78Cc738B5A937ACdc2392749fA6F85A3ED0e0d

• I do not care about liquidity mining. Bribing people to use X means X is useless. We aggressively build stuff that people NEED instead.

Sample Voting Issue 1:

1. Against
  2. No amendments, just cancel it altogether.
  3. The solution is reputational avatars, which solves most if not all DAO participation and token-weight voting problems.

Sample Voting Issue 2:

• English, German.

14 Likes

Name (organization or individual) Jordan Chipley

Wallet Address or ENS: Jchip300.eth

Tally Profile Tally | Jchip300

• Public Goods funding
  • Improving Governance participate
  • IRL Arbitrum community gatherings

how aggressive should we be in liquidity mining, what is the goal of the DAO?

I am not the biggest fan of liquidity mining, at least not directly from a DAO; I think that in the best of many cases the best is to apply to different protocols that kind of incentives, maybe like Optimism that brought diverse uses to its network incentivizing it in an indirect way in usability and ecosystem.

Sample Voting Issue 1:

1. How would you vote?

Against

1. What amendments would you make to the proposal if any?

Diversity of opinions and participants should be the main objective of a DAO, if a small group centralizes power, the name DAO is only an aggregate.

Something that can help is to predefine in the beginning the creation of committees and delimit the members it should have at the expense of increasing diversity against personal interests.

1. How would you approach the tradeoff between centralization of authority and the ability to get things done?

It is a bad reference to the DAOs, the more decentralized the more difficult it is to agree, but I feel that the committees or delegates fulfill that vital function of representing the voice of many in order to optimize the governance processes.

Sample Voting Issue 2:

1. Split Reimbursement

A DAO must ensure the best environment for its members and also take into account their survival, therefore it will depend a lot on the cases and the type of hack, by literally draining their funds I do not think they can pay.

That’s why I think the best thing to do, and depending on the case like FEI, is to return money to those affected, maybe under a vesting system or the DAO can get down to work to look after the interests of its users.

Languages I speak and write: English

I am confident that I have no conflicts of interest that would not allow me to perform my role in the best possible way.
[/quote]

14 Likes

NFTMatrix - Individual

nftmatrix.eth

What area are you most interested in contributing to? choose up to two tags:

eg — how aggressive should we be in liquidity mining, what is the goal of the DAO?

I think there should be liquidity mining incentives for dexes and bridges, but no so much that it’s endless downwards pressure on the treasury. The goal of the DAO should be to enable decentralization and keep the protocol free from one group’s influence.

Please share your stance on issues that were raised previously, in other communities, as described below:

Sample Voting Issue 1:
Issue Overview

• Uniswap planned to use Flipside to attract new users to Uniswap through bounties. Although the program outline and funding was fine, the proposal was contentious because it gave Flipside crypto too much control over allocating UNI to bounties and oversight of the entire program.
  • For instance, Flipside had 3/7 seats on the allocation committee and 1/3 seats on the Oversight committee. There was also concern since none of the other analytics service providers were involved in the proposal.
  • This proposal flew under the radar but at the 11th hour got very heated. Large votes from university clubs supported the proposal since they would get a seat on the allocation committee. However, Dune and Leshner spoke up about the issue because of the centralization of power and favor of one service provider.

Prompts to Answer:

1. How would you vote?
    Against

2. What amendments would you make to the proposal if any?
    I would propose making the board more equal so that not one protocol had too much influence or control.

3. How would you approach the tradeoff between centralization of authority and the ability to get things done?
    I would advocate for a set group of folks to execute, but have the decision of what gets done made by the group. I also think building in infrastructure to keep certain aspects of the blockchain from being influenced by a small team is a good principle to have.

Sample Voting Issue 2:
Issue Overview:
Overview Link 1
Overview Link 2

FEI RARI Hack Reimbursement: In April 2022 Rari was hacked for 80M, a vote was passed to reimburse those affected. Then in May 2022 another vote to refund the Rari hacked was brought forward this time it was not passed.

Prompts to Answer:

Outside the flipping of the vote, how would you choose to handle this situation?
i.e should parties be reimbursed for an exploit or not? (Please choose one of the below options and then elaborate upon your reasoning)

1. Full Reimbursement

I think it’s right to reimburse since users took a risk in using the protocol. I think attempts should be made to catch the hacker of course.

English and a little portuguese

Diversity of opinions is critical to making progress and determining the future direction of theArbitrum ecosystem. We recognize and celebrate the fact that delegates will have diverse views and we both encourage and anticipate good-faith debates in the governance process. That being said, it’s critical that all featured delegates are operating with Arbitrum’s best interest in mind, so please affirm that you don’t have any conflicts of interest that would prevent you from using your best judgement to operate in the best interests of advancing the Arbitrum ecosystem.

None.

15 Likes

web3magnetic Delegate Proposal:

Hello everyone!

Name web3magnetic

Wallet Address or ENS 0x8c580556Fdb1f57853e49F409Ae9b89f7658e7A2

Tally Profile URL Tally | web3magnetic.eth

• Public Goods funding

The goals of Arbitrum DAO should be geared towards enabling communities and DAOs building on Arbitrum to achieve their goals while providing the best support we can as a DAO. This includes using the DAO’s resources to onboard and support new projects both in terms of technical development as well as onboarding communities, bring greater visibility for existing projects and also create incentives for P2P networks to thrive in a self sustained economy without using centralized entities like exchanges.

Please share your stance on issues that were raised previously, in other communities, as described below:

Sample Voting Issue 1:
Issue Overview

My Answers:

1. How would you vote?
    I would vote FOR the proposal as even though it brings about some degree of centralization of power, ultimately Flipside would help Uniswap achieve the goal of attracting new users. Moreover, the vote doesnt preclude other participants from obtaining their own share of bounties to further the same goal.

2. What amendments would you make to the proposal if any?
    I would propose a similar vote with other parties who are able to bring new users to also access similar bounties.

3. How would you approach the tradeoff between centralization of authority and the ability to get things done?
    In my view, the ability to get things done matters more to early stage DAOs, as often times things get stuck in a loop of repetitive debates for a long time, while the immediate objectives and goals of the proposal take a back seat. While network level decentralization is ultimately very important, in terms of execution there can be some leeway so as enable greater execution.

Sample Voting Issue 2:
Issue Overview:
Overview Link 1
Overview Link 2

My Answers:

In this situation, there are multiple parties which share the responsibilities for the loss of funds, hence a split re-imbursement will be ideal

Please elaborate on what instances you believe it is right to refund and which are not.
I believe it would be right for a DAO to refund victims of a hack if there is wide consensus that the DAO was responsible in some part for the loss of funds. In many situations, it is not possible for the DAO to refund, however to the extent it is financially possible, and a solution can be achieved that takes into account the considerations of all the parties, all the parties must strive towards bringing such a proposal to fruition.

I am also a delegate for Optimism and Starknet DAOs.
I believe there wont be a conflict of interest in my participation as a delegate in Arbitrum DAO, as it is my view that all the L2 networks have to work together as a united community to advance the overarching goals of DeFi and to bring about Web3 adoption on a much wider scale.
On the contrary, learnings and experiences I have obtained while being a delegate on other L2s can be used to find solutions to complex problems at Arbitrum DAO

14 Likes

nach211 - twitter
nach211.eth
Tally: [Nach211]
DeFI development on Arbitrum.

The DAO should be focused on incubating the most exciting projects in DeFi that desire the safety of Ethereum, the community of builders on Arbitrum, and the scalability that the network provides. At JonesDAO, I worked across the community to forge relationships building complex strategies that could ONLY happen here due to the speed, execution and partnership opportunities available. The DAO should focus on bridging these communities but also working with Hedge Funds, VC firms and more to ensure that Arbitrum is THE launchpad for capital in Web3.

Sample Voting Issue 1:

1. For

2. I would propose that each bounty is voted on with a snapshot as well as hard caps on each bounty equal to the 1 year expected ROI of the proposed net gain in LP fees vs bounty with payment in locked tokens that vest.

3. For such a well capitalized org as Uniswap, its important that things which can add layers of bureaucracy are mitigated to only those that require democratic thought and for business development activities a reasonable assumption that dollar values not exceeding expected return should achieve community response positively. It’s important to frame the choices to the community as ones which will have been discussed and debated internally so that only positive outcomes are shown outward.

Sample Voting Issue 2:

1. Full Reimbursement

As someone who was impacted - I can tell you that part of the frustration the community faced was when the founder of FEI had agreed then reneged on his promise to reimburse. Bear in mind that the Tribe inclusion of Rari was contentious in the first place and many thought the deal should have never been done.

With that said, when a protocol has a major hack, it becomes nearly impossible to operate without a reimbursement of said hack to the fullest extent possible. It’s tricky because this entire situation calls into question what Tribe was to Rari and whether it should have acted as a holding company or not. I believe that once Rari holders were assumed into Tribe, it became their obligation to fully reimburse and do the right thing by the community.

I am the PM of JonesDAO and have several advisory and seed relationships that can be discussed privately.

15 Likes

[quote=“Oxytocin, post:6, topic:31”]
Name: Juice ( Twitter )

ENS: 0x9ea3d0500e8c3Aa834d4996a3A5C5506B358924f

Tally: Juice tally

Areas of interest:

• Public goods funding
  • Gaming development on Arbitrum
    Please share your stance on overall goals for the DAO
    A DAO, or Decentralized Autonomous Organization, is a digital organization that operates based on smart contracts and runs on a blockchain. Its members can make decisions and manage the organization’s assets through a consensus mechanism.
    I am not the biggest fan of liquidity mining, at least not directly from a DAO; I think that in the best of many cases the best is to apply to different protocols that kind of incentives, maybe like Optimism that brought diverse uses to its network incentivizing it in an indirect way in usability and ecosystem.
    Sample Voting issue 1 :
  1. Against
  2. No amendments
  3. The tradeoff between centralization of authority and the ability to get things done is an important consideration in any organization, including a DAO. On the one hand, a centralized authority can make decisions quickly and efficiently, but it can also lead to potential abuses of power and lack of transparency. On the other hand, a decentralized approach can lead to more transparency and democratic decision-making, but it may also lead to slower decision-making processes and inefficiencies.
    Sample voting issue 2
  4. Split Reimbursement
    Split reimbursement can help to streamline the reimbursement process and reduce the administrative burden of managing shared expenses

Languages I speak and write: Vietnamese , English

17 Likes

Alagbe Simon

Wallet Address or ENS

alagbe003.eth

Tally Profile URL (create a profile here 5)

Tally | @alagbe003

NFT development on Arbitrum
Improving Governance participation

I would love to see the growth of liquidity mining on the network

1: For

We should strengthen it and would hep attract new users to the network and help the over all health of the community

English

no conflicts of interest

15 Likes

Kapitalist

Wallet Address or ENS
0x413934C32FbCb186912E6d12ab373A3Bc05D7161

Liquidity mining is a popular strategy used by DAOs to incentivize liquidity providers and reward community members for contributing to the platform. The aggressiveness of liquidity mining can depend on a DAO’s goals and risk tolerance. A more aggressive approach to liquidity mining may lead to faster growth, but it may also increase volatility and risk.

Previous issues raised in other communities can vary widely, but some common ones include concerns about transparency, governance, and security. DAOs can address these issues by implementing transparent decision-making processes, strong security protocols, and community-driven governance structures.

Overall, the goals of a DAO and the approach to liquidity mining should be aligned with the needs and priorities of its community. DAOs can benefit from incorporating feedback and input from community members to ensure that their strategies and goals reflect the values and interests of the wider ecosystem.

1.For
2.Nothing more
3.The tradeoff between centralization of authority and the ability to get things done is a common challenge for any organization, including DAOs. On one hand, centralization of authority can provide clear leadership and decision-making, leading to faster execution and more efficient use of resources. On the other hand, too much centralization can stifle innovation, limit participation, and lead to decision-making that does not reflect the needs and priorities of the wider community.

1. Full Reimbursement
    Imm a fluent in Ukrainian speak on Eng and Russian a bit
16 Likes