Delegate Statement Template

Name (organization or individual) - Anton ( individual)
Wallet Address or ENS - zayn7.eth
Tally Profile URL - Tally | zayn7.eth
What area are you most interested in contributing to? choose up tot wo tags: * NFT development on Arbitrum and * DeFi development on Arbitrum
Please share your stance on overall goals for the DAO: First of all, the goal of the DAO is to ensure fair decentralization, I believe that the DAO should take a balanced approach to achieving its goals, including being aggressive in extracting liquidity, as well as prioritizing the
Voting Issue 2: All hacks and exploits should first and foremost try to get money back from users. If this fails you should try to communicate with the hacker or offer him compensation of net money in the amount of 10-25%
Answer 2 : Split Reimbursement
Languages I speak and write: English , Polish , Ukrainian

13 Likes

Shivam Aggarwal
0xa27976c53d838DEe86a34e02E76f503180AA7f41
alfaman.eth

I am most interested in NFT Development on Arbitrum.

Sample Issue Voting 1:
I would be ā€œagainstā€ such a proposal for a simple reason that it contradicts the basic principle of decentralisation and DAO and gives more power to one protocol.

Sample Voting Issue 2:
I would in favour of partial reimbursement. Since the system got hacked, it is the responsibility of the team to be accountable to the issue that led to hacking, but also the users are aware of the risks and it was their decision to risk their assets.

Languages:
English, Hindi

11 Likes

Ronald Samson

0x8cf2a376a2551e9c4954cdddd98e3da431a96261

Tally | 0x8cf2...6261

What area are you most interested in contributing to?

• NFT development on Arbitrum
  • Improving Governance participation

Please share your stance on overall goals for the DAO:

• I am okay with liquidity mining We need to build more.

Sample Voting Issue 1:

1. Against
  2. No amendments,

Sample Voting Issue 2:
It depends where the reimbursement would come from.

Languages I speak and write:

• English, Tagalog.*

Disclosure of Conflict(s) of Interest:

• no conflicts of interest
12 Likes

Hello, esteemed developers and community.
My name is Igor. I am a creative member of BlackAmberTeam (BAT). Our team consists of 8 people and has been tracking early stage projects, testing them and engaging the community to test and promote the product for more than 3 years. Educational seminars and face-to-face meetings are held. During this time we have actively interacted with 38 different projects and developers.

0x2ba8f4AA4050498e27E2B7187458ba5215b8b13F
ipblat.eth.

Tally | ipblat.eth

At the beginning of our journey, our team was involved in writing smart contracts. Gradually it started capturing our minds and we started testing the ecosystem products. Itā€™s very exciting. It will continue to be in the future. Itā€™s related to the supporting infrastructure.

Please share your take on the overall goals of DAO:
For example, how aggressive should we be in extracting liquidity, what is the goal of DAO?
The goal of DAO is to shut down the human factor in making poor decisions aimed at causing short-term or long-term damage both financially and to the interests of the community.

Please share your position on issues that have been raised previously in other communities, as described below:

Sample voting question 1:
Review Question 102
Uniswap planned to use Flipside to attract new users to Uniswap through rewards. Although the program scheme and funding were fine, the proposal was controversial because it gave Flipside cryptocurrency too much control over the distribution of UNI for rewards and oversight of the entire program.
For example, Flipside had 3/7 seats on the distribution committee and 1/3 on the oversight committee. There was also concern because none of the other analytics providers participated in the proposal.
This proposal flew by unnoticed, but it got very hot at 11 oā€™clock. A large number of university clubs supported the proposal because they would get a seat on the allocation committee. However, Dune and Leshner spoke out because of the centralization of power and support for one provider.

Invites you to answer:
How would you vote?
Against

What amendments, if any, would you make to the proposal?
A distribution so significant for one Flipside should not be possible. My suggestions: use the veto power in the allocation committee to create conditions under which the distribution of awards will not be manipulated for its own purposes.

How would you approach the trade-off between centralization of power and the ability to get things done?
Use of the veto on the committee

Reimbursement for the FEI RARI hack: in April 2022, Rari was hacked for 80 million, a vote was held to reimburse those affected. Then in May 2022, another vote was taken to reimburse the cost of the hacked Rari, this time it was not passed.

Suggests a response:
What would you decide to do in this situation, other than flip votes?
I.e. should the parties be compensated for the exploit or not?

Separate reimbursement.
Reimbursement is the right thing to do when there is an error in sharing the risk of liability for the funds. It may be possible to consider deposit insurance for amounts according to prearranged valuation criteria.

Languages spoken and written: English, German, Russian and Ukrainian

Potential Conflict of Interest:
Neither I nor my cat have any conflicts of interest. Sometimes, of course, the cat can be unbearable. But I promise to let the team know if my cat moves in with my aunt.
Requests to delegates:
Donā€™t be embarrassed to contact me. Always your servant, Igor | BlackAmberTeam.

15 Likes

Name (organization or individual)
Aswin M

Wallet Address or ENS
0xb7EBC5670e5F9cf5313d577A587d2bF3fED030e1

Tally Profile URL

What area are you most interested in contributing to? choose up tot wo tags:

Gaming development on Arbitrum
Tooling, Improving protocol decentralization

Should be very aggressive with the percentage

Sample Voting Issue 1:
How would you vote?
For

What amendments would you make to the proposal if any?
Invite other analytics service providers

How would you approach the tradeoff between centralization of authority and the ability to get things done?
ability to get things done is important

Sample Voting Issue 2:
Outside the flipping of the vote, how would you choose to handle this situation?

Full Reimbursement to improve trust among users.

English, Tamil, Hindi

14 Likes

Name: BigToe

Wallet: 0x981af8b52d4a9d8A06B50CCD04b01B0dBe418Eb0

Tally Profile URL: Tally | @BIG_TOEzz

Most interested in contributing to:
*NFT Development on Arbitrum
*Gaming Development on Arbitrum

The goal of the DAO is to give ARB holders the power to vote on key decisions governing Arbitrum One and Arbitrum Nova ā€“ networks that allow users to transact on the Ethereum blockchain with greater speeds and lower fees.

How aggressive should we be in liquidity mining, what is the goal of the DAO?

I personally donā€™t think that liquidity mining is any good in this case. I think itā€™s a little too risky and will create a lot of volatility.

Sample Voting Issue 1:

1. How would you vote?

Against

1. What amendments would you make to the proposal if any?

I believe that DAO should prioritize the security and sustainability of the platform.
Make sure itā€™s truly decentralized and not governed by a smaller entity.

1. How would you approach the tradeoff between centralization of authority and the ability to get things done?

On one side a range variety of individuals can collectively come together from around the world to act as a single entity but on the other it often takes longer for decisions to be made as there are more voting participants. I think there should be a balance between the two but never give all the power to the smaller governing entity.

Sample Voting Issue 2:

1. Full Reimbursement

A DAO must ensure the safety for all its members. In case of a hack everyone should be reimbursed

Languages I speak and write: Russian, English, Spanish, Chinese

I am confident that I have no conflicts of interest that would not allow me to perform my role in the best possible way.

12 Likes

Greetings Admin,

Subject- Application for becoming a Delegate

Name - Jampak Omsai

Wallet Address - 0x23C449dAa23Ebd4B0BddF50cEbD1859B666Ee9ce

Tally Profile URL - Tally | 0x23C4...e9ce

My two areas of interest are as follows: -

(a) Improving Governance participation

(b) IRL Arbitrum community gatherings

My stance on overall goals for DAO:

I think a DAO should have decentralization as its core tenet. We have started in the right direction by distributing tokens to the users who have contributed to the Arbitrum Ecosystem. DAO represents a new paradigm in organizational structure, one that is decentralized, transparent, and community-driven. We should never lose focus on our community. AMAs and IRL get togethers are a good way to achieve that.

Sample Voting Issue 1 - Against
2 - Nothing more to add
3 - I think this is a big challenge that every DAO has to face. In present scenario
accounts who are first or have money are able to dominate the voting. I think in a
council comprising of respectable members of the community may able to solve
this issue.

Sample Voting Issue 2 - No Reimbursement.

We know that defi is a dark forest and ā€œCode is Lawā€ is sword with two edges. Reimbursement sets a wrong precedent, it takes money to run a big organisation and we cannot reimburse every protocol that gets hacked onchain.

Languages I speak and write: English, Hindi, Punjabi.

I hereby affirm that I donā€™t have any conflicts of interest that would prevent me from using my best judgement to operate in the best interests of advancing the Arbitrum ecosystem.

10 Likes

Name : Aydj234

ENS : aydj234.eth

Tally Profile URL : Tally | aydj234.eth

Public Goods funding

Improving Governance participation

I am strong on community-driven decision making and sustainability.

Sample Voting Issue 1:
Prompts to Answer:

How would you vote?
I will vote against the proposal as it appears to give too much control to a single service provider. The proposal could result in centralization of power and favoritism towards Flipside, which could potentially harm the overall decentralized nature of the Uniswap platform.

What amendments would you make to the proposal if any?

A revision of the allocation committee and oversight committee to have a more balanced distribution of power among service providers. Also, a clause could be added to the proposal, stipulating that if Flipside fails to meet certain performance metrics, its position could be reviewed, and other analytics service providers could be considered for the role.

How would you approach the tradeoff between centralization of authority and the ability to get things done?

The potential concentration of power could lead to centralization, which may not align with the overall principles of the Uniswap platform. Therefore, it is essential to ensure that any decisions made are in line with the principles of decentralization and sustainability.

Sample Voting Issue 2:

I will support Full Reimbursement: I believe users should not be punished for something that was out of their control. If a hack or exploit occurred due to a vulnerability in the system, users should not be held responsible for the loss of their assets. This can help maintain trust and confidence in the network and prevent users from abandoning the platform.

Languages I speak and write: English

I donā€™t have any conflict of interest

8 Likes

Muhammad Ilham

Wallet : 0x2dCd467fe1ca3a3af266bc3448574ED5993750Be

Tally profile : Tally | IlhamAsli

Iā€™m interested to

1. Supporting infrastructure
  2. Public goods funding

Uniswap planned to use Flipside to attract new users to Uniswap through bounties. Although the program outline and funding was fine, the proposal was contentious because it gave Flipside crypto too much control over allocating UNI to bounties and oversight of the entire program.

Prompts to Answer:

Outside the flipping of the vote, how would you choose to handle this situation?
i.e should parties be reimbursed for an exploit or not? (Please choose one of the below options and then elaborate upon your reasoning)

Full Reimbursement
No Reimbursement
Split Reimbursement
Please elaborate on what instances you believe it is right to refund and which are not.

Languages I speak and write: English and Indonesian

Diversity of opinions is critical to making progress and determining the future direction of the
Arbitrum ecosystem. We recognize and celebrate the fact that delegates will have diverse views and we both encourage and anticipate good-faith debates in the governance process. That being said, itā€™s critical that all featured delegates are operating with Arbitrumā€™s best interest in mind, so please affirm that you donā€™t have any conflicts of interest that would prevent you from using your best judgement to operate in the best interests of advancing the Arbitrum ecosystem.

6 Likes

TheGrynch

0x167b66511B9DDEBFb94211CF03B5e3084D058eC1

-NFT development on Arbitrum
-Gaming development on Arbitrum

Sample Voting issue 1 - Against 2 - Cancel all together 3 - decentralized, power to the people !
Sample Votin issue 2 Full Reimbursement

Languages : German, English

Disclosure of Conflicts : none :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Address: 0xf98891Ec45E6A6E94A8795257Cad9f785bC6704e
GitHub: safeyz93
Discord: 0xSafeyz93#4762
Telegram: @heilsek
Twitter: kolangkalingNFT
tally Profile: Tally | 0xsafeyz93

My name is Ahmad. I am an experienced developer, and node-runner on a lot of blockchains specially cosmos ecosystem. In the crypto space, I have been for 1+ years. I learn more every day over and over every single day. I am an individual validator,

My moniker for all my nodes usually: safeyz or safeyzxnode
Languages that I speak: Indonesian and English sometimes I speak Java

My experience:

Node runner testnet on Paloma, Nolus, NIbiru, Kujira, Sei network sometimes ETH ecosystem like SSV etc

Everything is easy to confirm by server roles on Discord - validator status, or testnet participant

My Professional skill set:
Iā€™m a Web Developer (Full Stack) and can be helpful because of my knowledge and experience. Here you can check some of my works, my Git: Savazh
Programmer(JS, Java, PHP, C#, C++, Python, Bash, Solidity different frameworks), Linux servers administration. Good knowledge of GitHub

most interested in contributing to

• Supporting Infrastructure
  • Tooling, Improving protocol decentralization

We are happy to respond to all your questions and requests!

6 Likes

ā€¢ Marcos Di Toro

Wallet Address or ENS

ā€¢ Tally | 0xE64A...6E40

ā€¢ Gaming development on Arbitrum

ā€¢ I do not care about liquidity mining. We need to build a good community

Sample Voting Issue 1:

1 Against

2 Just cancel it

3 Reputational avatars are the answer, as they take care of the majority, if not all, of the issues with DAO participation and token-weight voting.

Example Issue 2 for Voting

That entirely relies on the source of the reimbursement. I would vote in favor of adding a self-executable on-chain transfer block to the amount that was stolen and remitting it to the accounts of the parties who were harmed. No, not if token holders and other network users were to foot the bill. It is unacceptable to spread losses over a wide group of people when it is obvious that only a handful of people are accountable for both the vulnerable code and the money theft.

ā€¢ Spanish, English, Italian

ā€¢ no conflicts of interest

6 Likes

LeFonts

Wallet Address or ENS
0xC0B030483941364B2779e13f7e2d109553154E64

Tally Profile URL (create a profile here)

• DeFi development on Arbitrum

how aggressive should we be in liquidity mining, what is the goal of the DAO?
Not a big fan of liquidity mining. I think the best idea would be to bring diverse uses to its network incentivizing it in an indirect way in usability and ecosystem.

Sample Voting Issue 1:

1. How would you vote?
    Against

2. What amendments would you make to the proposal if any?
    Nothing more

3. How would you approach the tradeoff between centralization of authority and the ability to get things done?
    Bad reference for the DAO, the more decentralized the more difficult it is to agree, but I feel that the delegates fulfill the function of representing the ideas of many, looking for optimization of the governance process

Sample Voting Issue 2:

1. Split Reimbursement

Please elaborate on what instances you believe it is right to refund and which are not.

Portuguese, english, italian and german

4 Likes

Name : Rodulph
Github : hxfjsw
Wallet Address : 0x18987fb773e52113af53191bf54060b8954f5c73

Area of interest: I am particularly interested in supporting infrastructure development and improving decentralization of the protocol.

Position on DAOā€™s overall goals: I believe that DAO should take a balanced approach in pursuing its goals, including being aggressive in liquidity mining while also prioritizing the security and sustainability of the platform.

Position on previously raised issues in other communities: I believe that it is important to carefully consider the concerns and feedback of various communities, and to take a collaborative approach in addressing these issues.

5 Likes

Name : Natz (Individual)

Wallet Address : 0x1996407c670f1D616322dcE3a8bBbe126b809e7b

Tally Profile URL : Tally | 0x1996...9e7b

DeFi development on Arbitrum
Supporting Infrastructure
IRL Arbitrum community gatherings

Provide Liquidity to the Arbitrum Ecosystem and support them fully

7 Likes

Name: Thinker

Wallet: 0x9b0015aA7eD6B3043BDc183e568775Eb38CF2Ca1

• Improving Governance participation

I believe that the goal of DAO is to establish a strong culture and set of beliefs. DAO serves as a spiritual and cultural symbol for people, representing their choices for the future. Additionally, DAO offers transparency and democracy that traditional organizations lack. All DAO members are equal, with the right to voice their opinions and submit proposals to contribute their ideas.
In summary, DAO represents a new cultural paradigm and carrier that can significantly change the way people develop.

Sample 1:
I will vote against.
To reduce control, it is necessary to decrease Flipsideā€™s seats on the allocation committee. Additionally, the proposal would benefit from the inclusion of more analytical service providers.
This question requires a case-by-case analysis. In general, we need a certain amount of power to mobilize resources as we move forward. To prevent power abuse, we can set thresholds for relevant stakeholders to unlock corresponding power according to their needs. After each stage is completed, the organization should retrieve the corresponding power in a timely manner.

English, Chinese

8 Likes

Name (organization or individual :
Metario

Wallet Address or ENS :
0xbd98b1dc637727d7E751eEA0910085570A0fE260

Tally Profile URL:

What area are you most interested in contributing to?:

• DeFi development on Arbitrum

Iā€™m not a fan of liquidity mining, but I do think the first purpose why a DAO exist is to be transparent and be decentralized. Community-controlled through voting. The head team of a particular DAO must conduct a clear insight on Ideas they accept into a proposal.

Sample Voting Issue 1:

1. Aganist
  2. No Amendment
    3.It is a bad reference to the DAOs, the more decentralized the more difficult it is to agree, but I feel that the committees or delegates fulfill that vital function of representing the voice of many in order to optimize the governance processes.

Sample Voting Issue 2:
Split Reimbursement

English

No conflict

7 Likes

ā€¢ RamĆ³n PĆ©rez
Wallet Address or ENS
ā€¢ 0x83ee970436d2990330d8dbf65f67fc2daf67f0e2
Tally Profile URL (create a profile here (Tally | Connect Account)6 (Tally | Connect Account))
ā€¢ Tally | @bitfalls (Tally | 0x83Ee...F0e2)
ā€¢ Gaming development on Arbitrum
ā€¢ Improving Governance participation
ā€¢ I do not care about liquidity mining. Bribing people to use X means X is useless. We aggressively build stuff that people NEED instead.
Sample Voting Issue 1:
1 Against
2 No amendments, just cancel it altogether.
3 The solution is reputational avatars, which solves most if not all DAO participation and token-weight voting problems.
Sample Voting Issue 2:
It is a situation that should be analyzed beforehand. It depends on many factors.
ā€¢ English, spanish, catalĆ 
ā€¢ It is a topic that would not be objective, since I have no conflict of interest

9 Likes

Coluve

Wallet Address or ENS
coluve.eth

Tally Profile URL (Tally | coluve.eth)

1. DeFi development on Arbitrum
  2. NFT development on Arbitrum

My stance on overall goals for the DAO:

I believe the DAO should strike a balance between aggressive and conservative approaches in liquidity mining. We should be aggressive enough to attract more users and projects to the ecosystem while ensuring that the incentives are sustainable and long-term focused. The primary goal of the DAO should be to foster a thriving ecosystem on Arbitrum by supporting the development of innovative DeFi and NFT projects, promoting decentralization, and engaging the community in effective governance.

My stance on issues raised previously, in other communities:

1. High gas fees and network congestion: I support the development and integration of Layer 2 scaling solutions like Arbitrum, which help mitigate these issues by providing lower transaction costs and faster processing times. Further improvements can be made by optimizing smart contracts and exploring additional scaling technologies.
  2. Governance token distribution: I believe that a fair and transparent token distribution model is crucial to ensure the long-term success and decentralization of the DAO. The distribution should consider factors such as community contribution, project support, and long-term commitment.
  3. Security and exploits: The DAO should prioritize the security of the ecosystem by actively funding and supporting regular audits, bug bounties, and collaborating with security researchers to ensure the safety of all projects built on Arbitrum.
  4. Centralization risks: Itā€™s important to actively work on reducing centralization risks by encouraging the development of open-source, community-driven projects and tools, as well as promoting a decentralized governance structure.
  5. Intellectual property rights: The DAO should promote responsible NFT creation and trading by educating users about intellectual property rights and supporting projects that enforce these rights in a fair and transparent manner.
  6. Environmental impact: The community should be proactive in supporting research and development of energy-efficient solutions to reduce the environmental impact of blockchain technology, such as adopting proof-of-stake consensus mechanisms or exploring more eco-friendly Layer 2 solutions.

Sample Voting Issue 1

How would I vote?

• Against

What amendments would I make to the proposal, if any?

1. Reduce Flipsideā€™s control over the allocation and oversight committees. A more equitable distribution of seats should be pursued, with representation from multiple analytics service providers and community members. This would help prevent centralization and favoritism towards a single service provider.
  2. Include other analytics service providers like Dune Analytics in the proposal, promoting collaboration, transparency, and a more balanced approach to the program.
  3. Establish clear guidelines and criteria for allocating UNI to bounties, ensuring that the process is transparent and objective, without any undue influence from specific stakeholders.

How would I approach the tradeoff between centralization of authority and the ability to get things done?

Striking the right balance between centralization and decentralization is crucial for the long-term success of the DAO. While centralized decision-making can help expedite processes, it can also lead to single points of failure, bias, and lack of transparency.

To approach this tradeoff, I would advocate for the following:

1. Implement a multi-signature approval system for critical decisions, involving a diverse group of stakeholders.
  2. Encourage community involvement in the decision-making process through open forums, discussions, and voting.
  3. Establish a rotating committee structure, where members from different backgrounds and expertise can contribute to various aspects of the DAO.

This way, we can maintain a balance between efficient decision-making and decentralized authority, promoting a more resilient and transparent ecosystem.

8 Likes

Name: Mgr Mizan
Wallet Address or ENS: mgrmizan.eth
Tally Profile URL: Tally | mgrmizan.eth
Area of Interest: DeFi development on Arbitrum and Tooling

In my opinion, the DAO should have a balanced approach to liquidity mining, where the rewards incentivize participation but donā€™t compromise the long-term sustainability of the ecosystem. I believe the DAOā€™s goal should be to foster a healthy and inclusive community that encourages innovation and experimentation while ensuring security and transparency.

Regarding the previous issues, in Sample Voting Issue 1, I would vote against the proposal as it gives too much control to one service provider. If I were to make amendments, I would suggest involving other analytics service providers in the proposal and reducing the number of seats for Flipside on the allocation and oversight committees.

Regarding the tradeoff between the centralization of authority and the ability to get things done, I would suggest finding a middle ground where decision-making is decentralized, but there are clear guidelines and protocols in place.

In Sample Voting Issue 2, I believe parties affected by the exploit should receive full reimbursement. However, there should be a clear process in place to prevent future exploits and address any concerns about security.

I speak and write fluently in English and have a basic understanding of Spanish. I donā€™t have any conflicts of interest that would prevent me from using my best judgment to operate in the best interests of advancing the Arbitrum ecosystem.

5 Likes