GovHack at ETH CC (Brussels)

We will provide unconditional support to this initiative for the development of Arbitrum

1 Like

After consideration Treasureā€™s Arbitrum Representative Council (ARC) would like to share the following feedback on the proposal

We have voted FOR this proposal across both Tally and Snapshot.

The significance of in-person connection cannot be emphasized enough. Events like these serve as catalysts for fostering genuine connections, facilitating collaboration, and nurturing the free flow of ideas, all of which we believe are immensely valuable to the DAO. Given its status as one of the leading crypto conferences, ETH CC presents an ideal setting to further the GovHack experiment.

3 Likes

Voted FOR this proposal on Snapshot for the reasons mentioned above.

3 Likes

Some of our team was at the GovHack event in Denver. We would say it was one of the most effective uses of funds in our opinions. The output that came from this multi-day event was meaningful and also plentiful with a lot of them coming to the forums. Overall, some feedback for next time would be maybe more events throughout the hack as there wasnā€™t too much to do in between hours. Overall, super value $ spend.

4 Likes

Given the points raised in the previous comments, we have decided to vote in favor of this proposal. We expressed our support, noting that the recent event in Denver appears to have been tremendously valuable.

3 Likes

Both members of the UADP (@AbdullahUmar and I) attended the GovHack event in Denver and had only great things to say. Ideally, there will be some more broadcasting and media leading up to the event as we had semi-accidentally came across the venue and event for Denver, but are really happy we did! Having more community involvement in judges would also be nice!

2 Likes

The first time I interacted with a governance team after months of study was in Istanbul, on the Arbitrum day. That time, I had the opportunity to connect with @AlexLumley, who since then has been a key person who has selfishly supported, connected and encouraged me to continue contributing in different ways to this DAO and ecosystem.

For me, that in-person connection was key to my next steps and I believe that everyone should have the opportunity to meet IRL the Arbitrum DAO members to welcome them to different opportunities to contribute.

It is without a doubt a FOR for me.

And I am very excited to be able to share and support the community in Brussels during EthCC.

Great initiative.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t had the chance to attend the previous events, but I am supportive of these initiatives, and based on feedback from other delegates, the GovHack team knows how to deliver.

Iā€™ll be looking forward to the impact report after the event. Voting FOR.

1 Like

Savvy DAO votes FOR GovHack at ETH CC.

@AlexLumley made his feelings very clear here:

GovHack will become a competitive advantage for Arbitrum.

See delegate thread here: Savvy DAO - Delegate Communication Thread - #20 by SavvyDAO

4 Likes

Thank you all for your questions and feedback Iā€™ll be factoring these into the plan in the coming weeks.
Itā€™s heartwarming to hear the positive results that came from GovHack Denver and Iā€™m eager to continue and grow the magic with GovHack ETHcc Brussels.

Thank you for your votes so far, today is the last day to vote on Snapshot:

https://snapshot.org/#/arbitrumfoundation.eth/proposal/0x3ad664cfc7e8340e43608cfad131c1cd4d4f635a465877671766043334d45e6e

From May 3rd weā€™ll then be going up on Tally.

Thanks,
Klaus - Hack Humanity

1 Like

First of all, we would like to thank @KlausBrave and @Entropy for preparing this enjoyable proposal. We particularly appreciate your effort to prioritize transparency in preparing the proposal rather than leaving room for ambiguity in the spending plan. Our primary goal in reviewing proposals here is to maintain transparency and foster a mutual trust environment. Additionally, we were unsure about the appropriate budget for such a large organization until @Pruittā€™s comment. We extend our thanks to him. Finally, we hope you navigate through this process of arranging activities without getting too tired in this short time. As the ITU Blockchain delegation team, we vote ā€œFORā€ on this proposal.

1 Like

The proposal has been updated with the following language
ā€œThe multisig address is (arb1) 0x03D47B06Cc95bAFf2a408cD7c735ed7e7142Edb9ā€

This is a 2/3 gnosis safe multisig Klaus has set up with Abdullah (0x3d0e30031b547737fFCf13c127350159A6C4ce17) and Krst (0xa142aB9eab9264807A41F0E5cbDab877D204E233) as signers

4 Likes

We would like to thank @Entropy for putting together the proposal and @KlausBrave and the whole Hack Humanity team for planning the next GovHack.

We vote FOR the proposal because we believe GovHack in ETHDenver was a success in terms of connecting the delegates, contributors and core team members (Foundation and OCL) to have a opportunity to gather and discuss important topics in the Arbitrum DAO. We enjoyed the event as a whole and fully support the succeeding one in Brussels. For the size of the budget, we trust @Pruitt 's comment and consider it reasonable.

1 Like

This proposal has proceeded to Tally and voting will start in 3 days:
Tally | Arbitrum Proposal. We are very appreciative of @coinflip for posting the proposal and helping with this process.

Please see the spreadsheet below used to calculate the amount of ARB, totalling just under 359,000.

3 Likes

The Princeton Blockchain Club is voting FOR funding another GovHack in Brussels. The GovHack at ETHDenver was a great way for DAO contributors to lock in and get some proposals brewing. These IRL events really help with building trust and fostering collaboration amongst everyone in the DAO, and weā€™d support funding similar events in the future.

Hoping we can send someone over in July!

2 Likes

After examining all the details provided, we are impressed by the clarity and thoroughness of the proposal. Therefore, we have decided to support this initiative. It aims to strengthen Arbitrumā€™s presence at a key Ethereum event, align with our objectives of fostering community and innovation, and build on the success of previous events

1 Like

The following reflects the views of L2BEATā€™s governance team, composed of @krst and @Sinkas, and itā€™s based on the combined research, fact-checking, and ideation of the two.

Unfortunately, I missed the vote deadline, but Iā€™d like to signal the support for the proposal nevertheless. We will be voting for It in the onchain vote.

Weā€™ll be voting in favor of the proposal as we believe an event such as GovHack is very valuable to the DAO and we want to see it happen both in Brussels for EthCC, and also to continue in other places and times in the future.

However, we want to make it clear that we see GovHack as a DAO initiative that is being facilitated by Hack Humanity. We want to ensure that the DAO reserves the right to the formula/structure of the event, which was partially created by delegate feedback through the mapathons that Klaus hosted, regardless of who the facilitator of the event is.

Having said that, we believe the event to be an excellent source of ideas and momentum for the DAO and we appreciate the work being put forward to organize it, especially on such a short timeline. One note that weā€™d like to add based on the last event is that weā€™d like the media coverage to focus on the outcomes of the events (e.g. the proposals created), rather than the event itself.

6 Likes

I echo the sentiment that real life events are a great opportunity to increase the synergy between all the moving parts of the Arbitrum and the DAO: delegates, committees, protocols and users. I support the proposal, and will have the same position on the on-chain vote.

3 Likes

Iā€™m still all in for this proposal. Canā€™t wait to meet up with the DAO in person in a few weeks and see this project come to life!

2 Likes

Following our previous Snapshot vote, we have decided to vote in favor of this proposal at the Tally stage. We look forward to the upcoming event.

3 Likes