LTI Pilot Program Position Application Thread

Name: Puncar

Position I am applying for: Council Member

TG: @puncar

Twitter: @puncar_refi

Affiliations (Currently I am working with, invested in, etc.):

Co-founder of How To DAO and Bankless Consulting, where I am working with several web3 projects to help them with strategy, growth, and operations.

Why You

Why would You be the best candidate for this position?

As an experienced professional in the Web3 space, my journey began in 2017 at EY, leading to the founding of Bankless Consulting in 2021 and How To DAO in 2023. My extensive background in guiding numerous projects, from nascent ideas to successful business models and products, uniquely positions me to contribute significantly to the Arbitrum ecosystem as a Council member.

Qualifications

1. Expertise in Web3 Consultation and Project Development
  • My experience in consulting enables me to provide constructive feedback to incentive program applicants, enhancing their proposals and aligning them with future-oriented value propositions. This will aid their growth and bolster the overall value contribution to the Arbitrum ecosystem.
  1. Co-Founder of How2DAO and Industry Knowledge
  • As a co-founder of How2DAO, an initiative focused on Web3 education through conferences and publishing materials, including a book on the Web3 ecosystem, I am at the forefront of understanding industry trends and needs.
  • This role grants me the insight to identify high-value applications for the ecosystem, encouraging their prioritization and advancement. Conversely, I can also recognize projects or incentive programs with limited future potential, offering constructive feedback for reworking or advising against their support.
  1. Network of Web3 Experts and Comprehensive Evaluation Skills
  • My daily interactions with various Web3 experts through my professional engagements ensure I am well-equipped with the necessary knowledge to evaluate various proposals.
  • This network allows me to consult on specific aspects of proposals, ensuring a well-rounded and informed evaluation process. My ability to comment on proposals across diverse topics further adds to my value as a council member.

My comprehensive experience in the Web3 sector, combined with my role in educating and shaping the future of this space, positions me as an ideal candidate for the Arbitrum Council. My ability to provide insightful feedback, evaluate the potential of the incentive program and the project itself, and leverage my network of experts will significantly support the growth and success of the Arbitrum ecosystem.

What do you think a good incentive application looks like?

A robust incentive application for the Arbitrum ecosystem should encompass two primary elements: alignment with ecosystem goals and innovation. Balancing these elements is key to fostering a dynamic and progressive ecosystem.

1. Alignment with Ecosystem Goals
  • Value Alignment and Creation: Applications should clearly understand the Arbitrum ecosystem’s needs and objectives. They should be akin to responses to a Request for Proposal (RFP), explicitly addressing identified needs and opportunities within the ecosystem.
  • Resource Utilization and Ecosystem Integration: Proposals should detail how they plan to integrate with and enhance the existing ecosystem, utilizing the incentive program efficiently and effectively.
  1. Encouragement of Innovation
  • Market Trends and Novel Ideas: While aligning with internal goals is crucial, there should also be an avenue for innovative ideas that may not yet be on Arbitrum’s radar. These ideas could stem from external market trends or unique approaches that have yet to be explored.
  • Balanced Budget Allocation: While a significant portion of funding should support applications aligned with Arbitrum’s goals, a dedicated portion should also be allocated for these innovative projects, fostering long-term sustainability and advancement of the ecosystem.
  1. Effective Application
  • Clarity and Conciseness: Applications must be straightforward, outlining the project scope, objectives, and execution plan.
  • Budget and Milestones: A clear budget breakdown for the incentive program and milestone timeline and KPIs are essential for evaluating the project’s progress.
  • Long-Term Commitment: Incentive programs should exhibit a long-term commitment to the ecosystem, possibly including provisions for follow-up incentives upon achieving certain milestones.

I believe a well-designed incentive program for the Arbitrum ecosystem can be categorized into two types: it is closely aligned with the ecosystem’s current needs and objectives. It meets clear KPIs or introduces novel ideas that drive the ecosystem’s growth. In either case, ensuring clarity, meticulous planning, and a dedication to creating long-term value is crucial.

What are your goals for this program?

Understanding the concerns of ArbitrumDAO delegates and the community about the efficient utilization of funds, my goals for this program are to establish a more effective, sustainable, and value-driven approach to incentive programs.

1. Addressing Community Concerns
  • Fiscal Responsibility: Address the concern regarding rapid fund expenditure without clear returns, ensuring that the spending of funds directly contributes to the ecosystem’s growth.
  • Short-term Metrics: Implement short-term metrics to assess the immediate impact of incentive programs, facilitating quicker adjustments and improvements.
  1. Focus on Sustainable Value Creation
  • Long-term Value Orientation: Guide protocols in designing incentive programs focusing on long-term value creation rather than short-term metric upticks.
  • Streamlining Processes: Simplify application processes, reducing bureaucratic hurdles to encourage more focus on executing effective incentive programs.
  1. Fostering Collaborative Improvement and Learning from Historical Data
  • Dialogue and Design Focus: Emphasize a collaborative approach in designing incentive programs, moving away from onerous application procedures to meaningful dialogues about program design.
  • Incorporating Lessons Learned: Use insights gathered from Arbitrum and the broader Web3 ecosystem to refine and enhance the design of future incentive programs.
  • Knowledge Sharing: Establish a repository or platform for sharing lessons learned from various incentive programs, facilitating knowledge transfer and continuous improvement among participants.

My overarching goal is to steer the incentive program towards a more sustainable, effective, and community-aligned path. This involves learning from past experiences and fostering a culture of collaboration and knowledge sharing. The aim is to enhance the long-term value of the Arbitrum ecosystem, ensuring that every initiative undertaken is a step forward in reinforcing its position in the Web3 space.

3 Likes