LTI Pilot Program Position Application Thread

Name: Max Wavé
Position I am applying for: Council
TG: MaxWave_Realm
Twitter: @max_wave_
Affiliations: Product Design Lead at Realm, a partner of TreasureDAO.
Expertise: Web3 Gaming, Web2 Entertainment, AAA Gaming

Why would You be the best candidate for this position?

I am seeking to round out the proposed council by providing strong working knowledge beyond DeFi in verticals such as gaming & entertainment. I have 20 years of experience working closely with “AAA” studios and publishers such as Nintendo and Valve.

Arbitrum Native
I have a long history on the Arbitrum network, starting with Realm back in late 2021. I am passionate about the network and decentralized governance, with a thorough understanding of the Arbitrum culture and ecosystem as both a community member and builder.

Web3 Gaming Expertise
With over 2 years of experience in building one of the first and most successful gaming projects to launch on Arbitrum, I have developed a strong working knowledge of web3 gaming fundamentals, including:

• Game Design
  • Game Theory
  • In-game Economies
  • Tokenomics
  • Community Building
  • Interoperability
  • Partnerships

Working closely with our core partner TreasureDAO, we have pioneered interoperability across gaming in Arbitrum.

AAA Gaming Experience
It is important that this council features strong working knowledge of the gaming vertical, and my experience in both AAA and Web3 gaming will be valuable as we strive to create programs that can properly assess, engage and support applicants looking to embrace this opportunity.

Web3 Gaming will prove to be a increasingly driving force in blockchain adoption, and Arbitrum should be ready to position its self to attract high quality game publishers and studios. With its Stylus update approaching, Arbitrum is exceptionally well positioned to attract top talent from the AAA gaming sector as EVM development becomes much more accessible on our network.

Highlights of my web2 experience include:

• Co-founding an Emmy Award-winning post-production studio.
  • Working directly with AAA gaming studios such as Nintendo and Valve.
  • Collaborating with commercial clients like Netflix, Amazon, Google, and many more.

Grant Program Experience
In the web2 fields of entertainment and audio production, I bring over 15 years of experience with grant programs as an applicant, adjudicator, and program advisor. I have served on grant committees for numerous private, provincial, and federal programs in the Canadian market. Additionally, I have helped create program outlines for key initiatives in the music industry, demonstrating a strong comprehension of the strengths and limitations of such programs.

What do you think a good incentive application looks like?

• Clarity: A good application should be clear and concise, outlining project goals, problem-solving and solutions, use of funds with justifications, alignment with the Arbitrum Network, and overall impact.
  • Innovation: Given the competitive and rapidly evolving nature of Web3, I am excited about protocols proposing innovative solutions or novel approaches.
  • Scalability: Applicants should demonstrate the feasibility and scalability of their proposed projects within the Arbitrum ecosystem.
  • Strong Team: The application team should have a proven track record, relevant technical expertise, and execution capability.
  • Impact and Engagement: Applications should meaningfully impact the Arbitrum network, either through user growth, increased TVL & network activity, or other means. I realize that benchmarks for these metrics will vary between applicants & verticals and recognize the program should have an open mind to different and innovative forms of impact.
  • Interoperability and Synergy: A strong proposal might include focus on interoperability within the Arbitrum network, fostering a cohesive and integrated ecosystem.
  • Metrics and KPIs: Applications should include specific metrics or KPIs to measure success, demonstrating their relevance within their vertical.
  • Sustainability: Applicants should address potential risks and strategies for long-term project sustainability, and demonstrate how they can continue to provide value after the funding period.
  • Alignment: The application should support the growth of the Arbitrum network, improve its technology, and enhance the ecosystem and user experience.

What are your goals for this program?

• Effective and Fair Evaluation & Governance: Establishing a fair, transparent evaluation process, while ensuring delegate involvement and collaboration between the council and delegates. The Arbitrum community has entrusted delegates with their votes, and it’s important their voice is clear in this process.
  • Enhancing the Ecosystem: Supporting projects that contribute significantly to the growth and development of the Arbitrum network.
  • Promoting Innovation and Forward-Thinking: Encouraging innovative and forward-thinking projects that align with the evolving nature of the Web3 space. I am excited about projects that push the boundaries of what’s currently possible and set new standards in the industry.
  • Diversity and Inclusivity: Ensuring the program is inclusive of applications from various verticals, open to any strong project meeting the criteria.
  • Supporting Interoperability and Collaboration: Promoting projects that strengthen the Arbitrum ecosystem through interoperability and network effects.
2 Likes