Use Hedgey to distribute and manage grants for the Arbitrum Foundation’s grants program
Note: I originally posted this in Sabliers grants thread but moved it over to a separate Topic to have better discussions. Fundamentally, I think having an RFP approach to selecting any service provider is the healthiest approach and would welcome Sablier to copy/paste their topic in this thread as well as any other service provider share their grants tooling. Ultimately the best outcome for the DAO is one where all options are discussed together.
Background on Hedgey
Hedgey creates onchain token streaming products and over the last two years has worked with Gitcoin, Shapeshift, Celo, Index Coop, BanklessDAO and other great DAOs to create vesting, lockups, and grants solution through our free, public goods solutions. We have over 6000 live streams/lockups and are audited by Consensys Diligence.
History supporting Arbitrum
Hedgey has been supporting the Arbitrum ecosystem with our free public goods tooling for over a year and has since been continuing to support the Arbitrum ecosystem with solutions that help DAOs and protocols deploy and grow on Arbitrum.
Why should Arbitrum use Hedgey?
- Hedgey is a token streaming solution that allows grant issuers to set up one or multiple grants in a single transaction and reduce the management overhead by the foundation while streamlining grant issuance and management for recipients. Both issuers and recipients have feature-complete platforms to track and manage grants.
- Hedgey allows grant issuers to distribute grants via stream. These grants can be both revocable or non-revocable, pay out in continuous streams(every second) or periodically (weekly, monthly,) and can include hyper-customized features in grant creation. New grants cost pennies to create and can be created individually or up to 40 in a single transaction.
- Hedgey allows grant issuers to optionally create and share public dashboards where an entire grant program can be shared with the broader DAO. Here is a demo public dashboard featuring Arbitrum.
Select reasons to use Hedgey Grants as a long term solution
- Hedgey Grants can be set as transferable, non-transferable, and transferable-by-admin only. This is a small but significant configuration in how grant recipients are able to interact with revocable grants. Should the DAO not want recipients to transfer or sell revocable grants they will be able to restrict those rights on Hedgey.
- Hedgey is completely free with no fee switch. There will never be fees to use Hedgey Grants.
- Hedgey allows grant issuers to (optionally) add onchain governance rights to locked/vesting token grants. Should Arbitrum want grant recipients to participate in governance with their grants, they will be able to allow it.
Hedgey is a 100% free public good. There are no fees and there is no fee switch.
Hedgey is audited by Consensys Diligence. We are trusted by incredible orgs like Gitcoin, Celo, IndexCoop, Shapeshift and 50+ other DAOs with over 6000 streams/lockups.
Hedgey has been a long time supporter of Arbitrum and is mission driven to help Arbitrum continue to grow and prosper by supporting your grants program. We have a secure, simple solution and as the teams mentioned above will vouch for, we will go hands-on, above and beyond to create an incredible experience for our users and partners. Should we be selected as the sole or co grants solution we will continue building out the products and features to make the grants program on Arbitrum incredible for everyone.
Thank you for your consideration and support.