Arbitrum Weekly Governance Updates, January 10 📑

I am pleased to introduce the Arbitrum Weekly Governance Updates, a new initiative aimed at providing concise and timely summaries of the most significant events in the Arbitrum DAO each week. This thread serves as a space for learning and staying informed about important DAO activities. Please feel free to share your thoughts and help me enhance this project further.

:eyes: TL;DR:

• Discussions on establishing the Arbitrum Research & Development Collective
  • Collective Voting began for the ArbitrumDAO Procurement Committee
  • Proposal Differences: ARDC and ADPC
  • StableLab held open Office Hours #2 for the Long Term Incentives program, and elections on snapshot are ready to start once the thread application process is completed
  • Collective on-chain Voting began for AIP: ArbOS Version 11
  • Upcoming calls in the Arbitrum DAO

:woman_technologist:t2: Presentation:

About myself, @ocandocrypto, I am currently building web3citizen.xyz as a core contributor. Web3 citizen is a community-driven open-source project aimed at simplifying the Web3 Ecosystem. We started by building The State of DAOs 2023 report and weekly governance highlights.

Additionally, I built one of the largest blockchain schools in Latin America at Platzi (developer bootcamps section).

Now, I am excited to begin my decentralized journey as part of the Arbitrum DAO and aim to contribute more through here the SavvyDeFi Arbitrum DAO Committee.

:bookmark_tabs: Governance Discussions:

Proposal [Non-Constitutional]: Establish the ‘Arbitrum Research & Development Collective’

Description:

The Arbitrum Research & Development Collective (ARDC) is a proposal to establish a collective within the Arbitrum ecosystem. Its purpose is to support the development and implementation of ideas from Arbitrum DAO members. The ARDC aims to enhance governance proposals, conduct code reviews, provide economic risk analysis, and increase delegate engagement. It strives to improve governance decision-making, security, transparency, and community engagement through services such as objective assessments, proposal improvement tooling, security reviews, and risk mitigation.

This proposal improves upon The Arbitrum Coalition proposal and discusses the Collective’s focus areas, proposed members, and funding.

The collective would consist of experts in various fields and include roles such as the DAOAdvocate, Risk Member, Security Member, and Research Member, operating within a legally enforceable framework with checks and balances.

Proposal [Non-Constitutional]: Establish the ArbitrumDAO Procurement Committee

Description:

The ArbitrumDAO Procurement Committee (ADPC) proposal aims to establish a committee responsible for managing procurement in the Arbitrum Ecosystem. Its initial responsibilities include creating a ‘Procurement Framework for Security Service Providers’ and potentially expanding its duties in the future.

The committee will be composed of three members elected for 6-month terms through an application process, KYC/KYB review, and Snapshot’s weighted voting. The ADPC will operate under an agreement with the Arbitrum Foundation, adhering to ethical guidelines and governance standards.

• A snapshot voting is currently active until January 9, 2024, and the current results show an approval rate of over 97% snapshot

:warning: Proposal Differences: ARDC and ADPC

These two proposals, the ARDC and ADPC, present unique approaches to governance within the Arbitrum ecosystem. The ARDC focuses on empowering DAO members by supporting idea development and implementation, while the ADPC prioritizes efficient procurement management. Both proposals exemplify the commitment of the Arbitrum community to enhancing transparency, security, and community engagement in shaping the ecosystem’s future.

Long Term Incentives Pilot Program

Description:

The Long Term Incentives Program is an initiative aimed at distributing ARB incentives to protocols on Arbitrum. It seeks to address the issues identified in the previous STIP V1 and aims to improve distribution through innovative mechanisms, feedback processes, and a more efficient evaluation structure involving a council and advisors. Council members and advisors will be selected from nominations and voted on separately.

Similar to STIP in Round 1, selected protocols will receive their requested ARB using bi-weekly Hedgey streams until Abril 26th. Protocols will be required to finish their incentives distribution on return any unused funds to the DAO by May 10th.

• The application thread has concluded. Application Advisors and Council members will be elected via Snapshot, allowing the DAO to choose these positions.
  • The DAO will have the opportunity to vote on the size of the Pilot Program, with options for 25M, 35M, and 45M ARB in incentives budgets.
  • An open proposal discussion meeting occurred on January 5th.

:ballot_box: Voting reminders:

:telephone_receiver: Governance Calls:

Previous Calls:

• Open Arbitrum Delegates Emergent Workshop occurred.
  • LTIPP - Open Office Hours #2

Upcoming Calls:

• Biggest Problem Workshop Series (Hosted by Plurality Labs)
  • Incentives Working Group Call

You can subscribe and add the Arbitrum governance calls to your calendar here.

:hammer_and_wrench: Governance Resources:

There are still some proposals to check, as there is a lot happening at the same time. However, I am happy to hear your feedback and continue working on providing more governance news next week.

9 Likes

This is great! Having highlights like this is really useful for the DAO! :people_hugging: :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Arbitrum Weekly Governance Updates, January 10

:eyes: TL;DR:

:newspaper: Governance News

ARDC On Chain Voting on Tally [Updated Version]

The Arbitrum Research & Development Collective (ARDC) is a proposal to establish a collective within the Arbitrum ecosystem.

It is currently being voted on in Tally, and we invite every delegate to cast their vote in the updated version.

If you would like to read more about this proposal, you can find more details and notes from the latest meeting here.

ADPC Passed Temp Check on Snapshot and It’s ready to go to Tally

The ArbitrumDAO Procurement Committee (ADPC) proposal aims to establish a committee responsible for managing procurement in the Arbitrum Ecosystem.

The snapshot voting for this proposal concluded during the week with an approval rate of 99.28%. It is now ready to be voted on-chain in Tally.

If you would like to read more about this proposal, you can find more details and notes from the latest meeting here.

Long-Term Incentives Pilot Program Updates

The Long Term Incentives Program is an initiative aimed at distributing ARB incentives to protocols on Arbitrum.

Currently, it is in the snapshot voting phase, and the application period has been extended until January 12th.

We invite delegates to participate in this proposal.

Additionally, at 6pm UTC tomorrow, UMA will be hosting a Twitter Space to discuss the LTIP proposal up in Snapshot. Come learn about how it improves on the design of the STIP by introducing the council, application advisors, and a range of improvements to the delegate experience.

Experimental Delegates Incentive System On Chain Voting

This proposal seeks to create an incentive framework for the most active delegates of the Arbitrum DAOwith a duration of six months. The goal is to assess the incentives’ impact on the delegates’ active participation and involvement in the DAO’s governance.

It is currently being voted on in Tally. Any analysis or doubt about it can be posted in the main thread of the proposal here.

:ballot_box:Voting reminders:

On-chain AIPs

Temperature Checks (Snapshot)

:telephone_receiver: Governance Calls:

Previous Calls:

Upcoming Calls:

• #10 Arbitrum Open Governance Call
    Agenda
  • Open Arbitrum Delegates Emergent Workshop

You can subscribe and add the Arbitrum governance calls to your calendar here 3.

:woman_technologist:t2: Much more is coming

At the end of the week, I’ll be providing updates on the state of governance news in the Arbitrum DAO and also evaluating some notable discussions on the forum, such as:

I am happy to hear your feedback as we continue working on providing more governance news each week.

1 Like

@ocandocrypto thanks for producing this report - I am buried getting grants out the door so I don’t spend as much time on the forum as I would like - I find your summary helpful. Please keep it up!

2 Likes

Thank you so much @ZER8 and @shawn16400 :blue_heart::orange_heart:

1 Like