NathanVDH Delegate Communication Thread

Delegate Name: NathanVDH
Delegate Address: 0xf9551c66995eD3Ff9bb05C9Fd7ff148Bd75dc99a
Forum Handle: @NathanVDH
X handle: @nathanvdh0x

My values:

• Skepticism: I like to start with that one because even though it doesn’t define my platform, I think it sets me apart. Enough years in this industry has taught me that believing blindly leads to catastrophes.
  • Neutrality: I don’t work for anyone, I don’t have any other interests than those of the communities I serve as a delegate.
  • Focus: Too often, the attitude of ecosystem funds is spray and pray. This leads to bad teams applying en masse and great teams being discouraged. Money isn’t a giant hammer that makes problem go away, though it certainly helps.
  • Availability: My twitter is right there, my DMs are open, if you’ve delegated to me please reach out and ask me the hard questions.

Empowering Early Contributors: The community Arbiter Proposal 2.0

Voted YES

The funds requested are reasonable and I’m glad that a lot of discourse led to this outcome. The people that have been there in the trenches from the beginning are getting a reasonable financial compensation, what’s not to love?

Expand Tally Support for the Arbitrum DAO

Voted YES

Having worked in DAO tooling myself, I can see when a company takes feedback seriously. The amount of work Arbitrum and people like @Frisson put into making Tally serve Arbitrum’s needs is honorable, really good to see. The funding requested is reasonable, if we translated that to an hourly salary this would look very cheap for the DAO.

Request for Continuation of the Arbitrum DDA Program Request

Voted YES

Very thorough proposal, I’m glad to see everything laid out in writing. I’m unimpressed by the amount of milestones completed by Arbitrum grantees but the team isn’t at fault here. The DAO needs to think long and hard about how we accompany grantees and how we make sure they complete what they set out to do. Reputation systems anyone?

Double-Down on STIP Successes (STIP-Bridge)

Voted YES

$43M is steep just to hold users in the protocols they’re currently using, but that’s the name of the game at the moment. Let’s remember that we’re here to encourage businesses that stand the test of time unaided. No reason to pretend that’s where we are now though, so this is a yes from me.

Arbitrum Stable Treasury Endowment Program

Did not vote

I wanted to take more time to get into the specifics of this proposal and time got away from me, hence I missed this vote. I think in the end I would’ve voted yes as this is an initiative that could lead to much more financial stability for the DAO long term - something we should take seriously during the bull market we’re going through right now.

Security Council Election

Voted for bartek.eth

I decided to vote for bartek due to his relative neutrality compared to other candidates. This is one of my key values, and I believe independent individuals can add much more security and decentralization. Of course, Bartek is part of L2BEAT, but I consider L2BEAT to be an independent organization whose most important interest is the progress of all L2s.