Bobbay Delegate Communication Thread

Name: Bobbay
Delegate Address: bobbybola.eth | 0x5a35923eD6950EFF4412eF6d27CeA8b1d405a844
Tally Profile: Bobbay
Forum: @bobbay
Twitter: https://twitter.com/bobbay_b
Languages: English and Punjabi

About

Previously, I led the StableLab delegate team that spanned over 15+ DAOs, personally actively engaging in various DAOs including Optimism and Balancer, among others.

My experience spans beyond being a delegate, having served on DeFi Committee A at Optimism, Optimism badge holder since RPGF 2, participated in the GSC at Element Finance, and contributed to the grants council at Compound.

Moreover, I have been an active contributor to the Arbitrum DAO through the LTIP initiative and am excited to escalate my involvement in this DAO.

Purpose

Since becoming a delegate in early 2022, my extensive involvement across multiple DAOs has afforded me valuable insights into the prevalent challenges faced. I plan to use that experience to support Arbitrum DAO in various ways possible, as a delegate, participating in working groups, and other opportunities that arise.

Delegate Communication Intent

I intend to regularly update the community, ensuring transparency and providing comprehensive insights into my decision-making process.

Disclosure

Presently, I am engaged with UMA & Across.

8 Likes

AIP: ArbOS Version 20 “Atlas”
Vote: For
Rationale: It’s in Arbitrum best interest to stay up to date with the most recent advancements on Mainnet.

AIP: Batch Poster Manager and Sequencer Inbox Finality Fix
Rationale: This separation presents a more seamless and efficient solution for Arbitrum, to have the sequencer and batch role separated. If batch poster keys are ever compromised, the sequencer operator can now change it in a swifter process, rather than going through the entire governance process.

1 Like

Long-Term Incentives Pilot Program
Rationale: As the next version of STIP, this sets up a foundation to fund incentive programs and learn from our successes and mistakes to build a more robust program in the future.

Changes to the Constitution and the Security Council Election Process
Rationale: Look like simple and effective changes to even the playing field. Not much to discuss here imo.

1 Like

Proposal: [Non-Constitutional] Funding for Into the Dungeons: Machinata - a PvP Digital Miniature Game V2
Rationale: It’s an interesting idea, and I’m happy to move this to a temp check vote while some further details get fleshed out. Sure, we can build our frameworks later, but let’s not hinder what seems to be a great opportunity for Arbitrum DAO and has received a lot of support from various stakeholders.

Empowering Early Contributors: The community Arbiter Proposal 2.0
Vote: Abstain
Rationale: I haven’t been able to fully follow this conversation and don’t feel comfortable voting for or against knowing that it would not be an informed decision.

1 Like

AIP: ArbOS Version 20 “Atlas”
Rationale: [Same as previous rationale for the Snapshot vote] It’s in Arbitrum best interest to stay up to date with the most recent advancements on Mainnet.

1 Like

ARDC Research Member Election
Vote: Blockworks/Delphi
Rationale: Both have a strong track record and to see them join forces is a great value add for the DAO.

ARDC DAO Advocate Election
Vote: L2Beat
Rationale: They have been very active in the DAO since the start and have been strong headed figures who aren’t afraid of a controversial discussion.

ARDC Security Member Election
Vote: OZ & Nethermind
Rationale: Both have strong track records in the security space

ARDC Risk Member Election
Vote: Chaos Labs
Rationale: They provide a great service to other DAOs and always maintain a high quality of work.

[Non-constitutional] Proposal to fund Plurality Labs Milestone 1B(ridge)
Rationale: Prior to the approval of plurality labs initial proposal, I was unsure of how this would play out, but I’m glad to say that it exceeded my expectations. Their consistent presence and support has been remarkable.They initiated working groups and programs and retained talent that would have otherwise been unpaid and gone elsewhere. A lot of experiments were conducted, albeit not all successful, but the aim was to experiment, reflect, and improve. There is a lot more that can be done in the arbitrum ecosystem.

Fund Continuation of the Arbitrum DDA Program
Rationale: Questbook has served as a valuable source of funding for the Arbitrum DAO, and the lack of access to the DDA Program has negatively impacted builders in recent months. We are pleased to endorse this proposal, ensuring that builders can tap into these funding opportunities. I would have liked to see a multiple DDA model with 2 allocators since I don’t believe the current model is as effective, but we will see how this 2nd iteration plays out.

[Non-Emergency Action] Fix Fee Oversight ArbOS v20 “Atlas”
Vote: Set L1 surplus fee and L2 Min
Rationale: bring on the blobs. Bulla.

1 Like

Expand Tally Support for the Arbitrum DAO

Vote: Yes
Rationale: No-brainer, great team and leveraging other teams (scopelift and karma) to elevate the governance experience for Arbitrum DAO.

1 Like

Double-Down on STIP Successes (STIP-Bridge)
Rationale: I believe that this program aligns well with LTIP and no further incentives should be distributed until both the STIP Bridge and LTIP are complete and have been analysed.

Arbitrum Stable Treasury Endowment Program
Rationale: The framework is laid out well and it is equipped with a strong screening committee. This is a good step forward to help arb diversify

Empowering Early Contributors: The community Arbiter Proposal 2.0
Rationale: Feels like the right thing to do, baring in mind the hours they put into the community.

Expand Tally Support for the Arbitrum DAO
Rationale: Same as before, No-brainer, great team and leveraging other teams (scopelift and karma) to elevate the governance experience for Arbitrum DAO.

1 Like

Request for Continuation of the Arbitrum DDA Program Request [Tally]

Rationale: Questbook has served as a valuable source of funding for the Arbitrum DAO, and the lack of access to the DDA Program has negatively impacted builders in recent months. I would have liked to see a multiple DDA model with 2 allocators since I don’t believe the current model is as effective, but we will see how this 2nd iteration plays out.

Delegate to Voter Enfranchisement Pool — Event Horizon

Rationale: I appreciate the time that the team set aside to walk through the proposal and some of my concerns. It’s a great initiative as it enables people to get a taste of arbitrum governance and build their experience in the DAO without necessarily having to be a large stakeholder, but still have their voice heard.

I look forward to hopefully seeing some of these holders migrate to using their own names as I see this as a great stepping stone for those holders to become more involved and active contributors in Arbitrum DAO.

Double-Down on STIP Successes (STIP-Bridge)

Rationale: I’m generally against heavy spending but I think it is fair to provide an alignment between the LTIP and STIP recipients. Both will end at the same time and this should give enough time to evaluate both STIP and LTIP before moving to a larger scale program. The STIP Bridge proposal took in a lot of feedback and has defo improved from the original proposal so I am glad to support this.

Safeguarding Software Developers’ Rights & the Right to Privacy

Rationale: Happy to support this initiative but I would like to see more communication between the recipients and the DAO, whether it’s via Axis Advisory or directly. This would help the DAO gauge the value of the donation and lead to future support.

LTIPP Council Votes

Vote: 76 votes
Type: Snapshot
See snapshot for votes.

1 Like

Subsidy Fund for Security Services

Vote: Abstain

Rationale: To be clear, I think this is a great initiative; however the execution is suboptimal. Potentially an oversight, but I don’t believe the ADPC are best suited to whitelist Security providers nor should they be handing out grants. Although it is a group of well skilled individuals, their backgrounds and skill set don’t seem suit this specific goal and another committee should be mandated with this.

Nor do I think there is an immediate rush for this to pass through governance, so I hope the above are addressed. Then I would support this proposal whether its for another snapshot proposal or before it heads to Tally.

If the following are done before tally, then Im happy to support:

• Security SME expert added to ADPC to help with whitelisting SPs
  • Auditing committee concept is explored and if wanted, then they are elected and approved to disburse or the ADPC + Security expert disburse funds

GovHack at ETH CC (Brussels)

Rationale: Due to its success at ETH Denver, I am happy to support this initiative and see it occur again at EthCC. I look forward to participating this time.

LTIP Post Council

Rationale: I voted differently on each one, mainly considering the councils feedback.

Proposal for Approval of DeDaub as the ADPC Security Advisor

Rationale: This is a great addition to the ADPC and will enable them to carry out their plans regarding the subsidy fund.

1 Like

Pilot Phase: M&A for Arbitrum DAO

Rationale: Happy to trial out the pilot phase to get more information before moving further