[RFC-3] Introduction of a new role in governance - Governance Facilitator

Hi, Arbitrum community! I know I’m new around but I would like share some of my experience regarding the Maker governance. The Governance Facilitator role is crucial to any DAO, directly affecting community cohesion, prompting healthy debates and ensuring effective decision-making. There are some core responsibilities and aspects that the community had in consideration when defining the role at Maker that could be taken into account. In order to keep my answer from being too long, I summarized and adapted these concepts to Arbitrum in this document for the community.

Also, I believe the election process is very important. At Maker, the GovAlpha Core Unit has recently been offboarded by its Facilitators, and the search for new Reserve Facilitators for the Governance Scope prompted some really interesting excercises for candidates (made by a former GovAlpha Facilitator) that could come in handy when defining an election process. You can find these Governance Exercises here.

I hope this info helps to define what the Arbitrum community wants and expects from this role in the DAO.

4 Likes