#6 Arbitrum Open Governance Call (20.09.2023)


I’d like to remind all delegates that the sixth Open Governance Call is taking place this coming Wednesday. Please mark your calendars (or you can subscribe to the public Arbitrum Governance calendar and always be up to date with our calls)

We’ll keep the agenda a bit flexible as before and will adapt to whatever is brought forward by the participants, but some proposed topics are:

  1. Discussion about the Security Council elections.
    1. Nominees on Tally
    2. Nominees on the forum
  2. Updates from @Gauntlet on Migration Report & Recommendations for the USDC.e to USDC migration
  3. Domain Allocators and Program Manager updates
  4. Short-term incentives program update
    1. Application Process
  5. GovMonth update from PluralityLabs
  6. Updates from the Arbitrum Foundation
    1. Proposer KYC/DD process
    2. Odyssey Restart
    3. Foundation Grants and Ambassador Programme’s updates?
  7. Upcoming proposals
    1. Fund Atoma’s project, a Growth & Communications proposal for Arbitrum by @Sebix
    2. Bond Program by @Sushi
    3. Delegate Incentives by @Cattin
    4. Ethereum Mexico Sponsorship by @Brichis
    5. Bond Program by ApeSwap
    6. Proposal by Pattrick Collins
  8. Open mic
  9. Active vote reminder
    1. Rarible’s Proposal on Tally

Please post in this thread if you have something you’d like to bring up during the meeting so we can plan accordingly.

The call will take place again on Google Meet: meet.google.com/ouo-uskg-niq on Wednesday, 20.09.2023 at 4pm UTC (same as last time).

We will record the call and publish it later on for a public review, so please keep that in mind.

Hope to see you all on Wednesday!


Hey @krst! Me and my team would love to participate and talk about our proposal for the Arbitrum community :slightly_smiling_face:. Please, reach out if there’s something we should coordinate before the call. Thank you!


I’ve updated the agenda so you can see what we have planned for today, it looks super exciting.

Feel free to add anything if there’s something else you think we should discuss today!

See you all today at 4pm UTC!


Open Community Call #6 Minuta

Attendance: aprox. 52 users

1. Discussion about Security Council elections

  • Elections are open for applications until Sep 22th. The official elections will begin on Oct 6th and last for 21 days.
  • A second call is proposed to meet the nominees.
  • In the future, there will be a call with more time before the application deadline, as it is considered too short to have only 24 hours left.

2. Updates from @gauntlet on Migration report & Recommendations for the USDC.e to USDC migration

  • Gauntlet is monitoring the situation to provide recommendations, mitigate, and eliminate risks when transitioning from USDC to native USCD.

3. Domain Allocators and Program Manager Updates

  • The process is already completed.
  • The RFPs program will be created and launched in the coming weeks.
  • The first steps will involve effective communication.
  • They are working on a template that will serve as a request form.
  • They are in contact with many protocols. They are waiting for the bootstrap, and
  • The program is expected to be ready for the next calls.

4. Short Term Incentives Program Updates

  • The snapshot for this program has already been taken.
  • A budget of a maximum of $50 million will be allocated.
  • It will start by tracking governance.
  • It was asked about one of the program requirements, such as KYC and processes

5. GovMonth Update from PluralityLabs

  • Arbitrum is growing much faster than they anticipated.
  • They discuss how easy it is to participate in the Gitcoin grant and it was provided an example of how to participate.

6. Updates from the Arbitrum Foundation

  • KYC process: They have conducted KYC for a couple of events, treasury, and security council elections.
  • They will also do it for grant processes and incentive programs.
  • They work with a service called Providence to ensure the process and safe storage of information.
  • They emphasize that sensitive information will not be put at risk during this process.
  • The KYC process typically takes 10 days.
  • They understand the concerns but emphasize the importance of ensuring the process and avoiding any red flags that may arise, especially concerning treasury and security council.
  • They revisit the Arbitrum Odyssey, which is a continuation of a proposal they made some time ago.

7. Upcoming proposals

The proposers of the following proposals had the opportunity to share their contributions in the call:

  1. Fund Atoma’s project, a Growth & Communications proposal for Arbitrum by @Sebix
  2. Bond Program by @Sushi
  3. Bond Program by ApeSwap
  4. Delegate Incentives by @Cattin
  5. Ethereum Mexico Sponsorship by @Brichis
  6. Proposal by Pattrick Collins

The next call will take place in 4 weeks: Oct 18


I just want to share these comments, which show additional context as to why the ApeSwap team was unable to share more details on our proposal during yesterday’s community call.

Looking forward to sharing our new proposal soon and chatting through it with the community!


The below response reflects the views of L2BEAT’s governance team, composed of @krst and @Sinkas, and it’s based on the combined research, fact-checking and ideation of the two.

Once again, a huge thank you to everyone who made it to the last call! It was an intense one, we had a lot to cover, my apologies for cutting some of you short.

For those that couldn’t make it to the call online, here’s the recording: #6 Arbitrum Open Governance Call (2023-09-20 18:05 GMT+2) - Google Drive

and here’s the chat log: #6 Arbitrum Open Governance Call (2023-09-20 18:05 GMT+2) - Google Drive

As a tl;dr, I think we’re starting to hit that momentum as a DAO where a lot of things are happening and there are more decisions to be made. I hope that these four-weekly calls will help keep up the pace and keep everyone up to speed on what is going on in the DAO.

As we try to keep these calls short (if you can call a 90-minute call short), there’s not enough time to go into detail about each topic or upcoming proposal - we think there should be separate, dedicated calls for those interested in those topics that would allow for a deeper dive into them.

We’ll be proposing some calls next week on topics mentioned in the last call, but we also encourage other delegates to get involved in discussions both on the forum and in dedicated TG groups (and please add me to those if you have any, as I’d like to stay in the loop).

Once again, great work everyone, let’s keep this thing moving, as #wearethedao.

1 Like