Active Governance

I have been lurking in the Arbitrum governance forum and reading through various proposals and discussions. Being a token holder and keenly interested learning about governance model, I have been following the updates on how the newly formed ARB DAO is looking at handling governance and keeping it transparent, diverse, engaging and committed.

I always believed the DAO to be:

1. Collaborative
  2. Transparent
  3. Respectful
  4. Decentralized as much as it can
  5. Community and Stakeholder focused

I would like to see more active discussion and newer ways of cutting-edge governance proposal.

Will keep an eye to share my thoughts and experience.

Thanks

37 Likes

I’d love to see this. I’m a big fan of Quadratic Weighted Staking.

To utilize governance tokens, $ARB holders would have to stake their $ARB to “charge up” (yes, like turbo in NBA Jam!). Let’s say that staking for 3 months gives your 80% of your governance weight. 1 year would give you 90%. A logarithmic curve.

Flexible Voting would allow people to LP and earn yeild while staking for governance.

It is called “Quadratic” because the voting power is the square root of $ARB tokens held times the “charge up” coefficient. This makes the preferences of many more important than the few.

Additionally, by forcing staking commitments to vote, it creates a natural sybil resistance because bad actors are forced to play into positive sum game theory.

I’d love to propose this to governance sooner than later.

18 Likes

You are right because this is the major reason that will indicate what the hope is all about, thanks

12 Likes

Good question. Maybe if there are some active governance team or delegator who can reply.

8 Likes

Great discussion and ideas. Loved Quadratic voting concept…

7 Likes

Needs lot of work for sure

5 Likes

Long way to go. Need to refocus and strategize

4 Likes

Transparent, active and engaged needs trust and faith

4 Likes

A zero knowledge proof forum party to prove to another party that they know a specific piece of information without revealing that information

6 Likes

Decentralization means full decentralized. There is no greys; just white or black.

2 Likes

I’m going to include this in a contest submission for finding the best possible grants framework. More details here: Grants Funding Framework Discussion - How To Excel at Being a DAO - #9 by DisruptionJoe

6 Likes