Join our weekly one-hour session to discuss the enhancement of the grantee experience on Arbitrum, explore the DAO’s community review process, and contribute to the impact evaluation of our grantees.
This is an integral part to developing a pathway towards decentralised grantee reviews and showcase how grantees can utilize the tools we funded like Karma to assist in develiping a one stop shop for grant history .
Your insights are vital as we strive for a transparent, accountable, and effective system for assessing funded projects. Open to all Arbitrum DAO grantees and individuals interested in decentralized community review and impact evaluation. No registration required, welcoming participants from Questbook, STIP, Uniswap-ARB, and Plurality Labs programs
Weekly Discussion Topics
- Arbitrum DAO Community Post Funding Grant Review Pilot (Plurality Labs)
- Overview of Karma GAP for Grantees
- Overview of Karma GAP for Reviewers
- Survey of the Week on questions (for the workshop attandees)
Karma GAP is a protocol for tracking and ensuring accountability of community-issued grants. It enables grantees to set and update milestones, allowing communities to monitor progress and assess the impact of projects.
They are funded by Plurality Labs check there updates
Ths week assesment and survey we will explore catagories DAO work/ Educations and Gaming rounds
We had a great first session onboarding grantees - here is the tldr. If you missed it no worries were back next week (its on the arbitrum calender)
TL;DR of the Meeting:
- Introduction of Karma Platform: Discussed the use of the Karma platform for managing and reviewing grants within the Arbitrum ecosystem.
- Grantee Responsibilities: Emphasized the importance of grantees completing their profiles and regularly updating project details for transparency and visibility.
- Community-Led Review Process: Highlighted the role of community reviewers in evaluating grants, contributing to decision-making and feedback.
- Benefits for Grantees and Program Managers: Outlined how a comprehensive profile aids grantees in future applications and assists program managers in tracking and assessing grant progress.
- Profile Completion: Grantees are encouraged to complete their profiles on the Karma platform, including details about their projects and grants.
- Project and Grant Details: It’s important to provide comprehensive information about the project, including objectives, impact, outcomes, and progress.
- Regular Updates: Grantees should regularly update their project status and milestones on Karma to maintain transparency and showcase progress.
- Feedback Loop: The platform allows grantees to receive community feedback, which can be valuable for project improvement and future grant applications.
- Visibility and Reputation: A well-maintained profile on Karma can enhance a grantee’s visibility and reputation within the community.
Top questons asked
How to Update Project Details on Karma? Grantees log in to update their project profiles with detailed information and regular progress updates.
What are the Benefits for Grantees on Karma? The platform enhances visibility, offers community feedback, and improves chances for future grants.
How does a completed grantee profile on the Karma platform assist a grantee in the grant application process? A fully completed grantee profile on the Karma platform significantly benefits a grantee during the grant application process. It serves as a comprehensive showcase of the grantee’s past and current projects, highlighting their objectives, achievements, and impact. This consolidated information provides potential grantors with a clear and detailed view of the grantee’s track record, capabilities, and reliability. Such transparency and demonstrated history of project completion and success can enhance the grantee’s credibility and reputation, thereby increasing their chances of success in future grant applications.
How is Information Validity Ensured? Currently based on self-attestation, with plans for automated verification and community reviews for accuracy.
How Can Program Managers Utilize Karma for Grant Oversight? Program managers can use Karma to track grantee progress, review completed milestones, and assess the overall impact of grants.
What Role Do Program Managers Play in the Review Process? While the review process is community-driven, program managers can use the insights gathered to make informed decisions about future funding and program adjustments. They can also filter reviews based on specific criteria relevant to their programs.
We successfully completed all 4 workshops in this series. You can find the recordings of 3/4 sessions here (we couldn’t record the first one unfortunately).
Week 2 workshop
Week 3 workshop
Week 4 workshop
We also have a short video grantees can refer to if they need help creating profile or updating milestones:
Karma GAP Walkthrough video