As announced in today’s GRC call I’m excited to share that as of September 15th I’m returning to work with Arbitrum, joining OpCo as employee #1 in the role of Head of Operations.
A big thank you to the OAT for running a very transparent and thoughtful hiring process.
For anyone who doesn’t know me: my background is in consulting and operations, having worked across governance, startups, and international organizations (more on my LinkedIn or X). Having been part of the ARDC V2 I also had the chance to contribute to Arbitrum before, and I’m excited to continue building with this community.
To ensure alignment and transparency from day one, I aim to set up a call within my first two weeks. The agenda will include:
Outlining the OpCo’s operational focus for the first 3 months
Highlighting key interactions with delegates, contributors, and stakeholders
Q&A session
Looking forward to collaborating with you all as we build the operational backbone of the Arbitrum DAO.
Excited to announce that as of today, I’ve joined the OpCo as employee #2, in the role of Program Manager! Having worked with multiple DAOs over the past two years, including Arbitrum, I’ve developed a strong understanding of their inner workings, including the operational challenges they face.
My educational background is in business administration and management with a strong focus on economics and finance. I’ve been in crypto since 2018, and I’ve been working full-time in crypto and DAOs since 2020. I’m what you’d call a ‘web3 native’.
As a program manager for the OpCo, I’ll help streamline the execution of initiatives undertaken by the DAO and work closely with all stakeholders, from delegates and contributors to AAEs, to ensure we make the biggest positive impact possible.
I’ll also serve as the liaison between the OpCo and the DAO, communicating updates, answering questions, providing transparency, and generally acting as a primary point of contact for all DAO members.
Happy to announce that I’ve joined OpCo as Director of Finance & Treasury and employee #3. Thank you @tamara and @sinkas for the smooth onboarding!
Quick background: I started my career in banking and spent the last decade as a CFO in fast growing companies across Asia and Europe building and scaling finance functions from scratch. I’ve been in crypto since 2017, both personally and professionally across DeFi, DAOs and finance roles.
My focus will include treasury management as part of the ATMC, running OpCo’s finance function and helping with financial insight for resource allocation and decision-making.
Excited to share that I’ve joined OpCo as Head of Foundation.
Thank you to the OAT for this opportunity. Thank you also to Tamara, Sinkas and Armin. Standing up an entity from nothing is harder than running one, and OpCo works today because of them. Now our job is to unblock, unlock and deliver: help clear what is slowing Arbitrum down, set us up to capture the opportunities we have not taken yet, and turn what the DAO decides into what actually ships.
For anyone who doesn’t know me: I’ve had the privilege of spending the last five years building in DeFi, and more specifically at the crossroads of all things Arbitrum. As a core contributor at GMX, a large part of my effort went to aligning protocols, partners and contributors on things none of us could ship alone. Alongside that I’ve spent years mentoring, advising and backing teams building here, and taking part in the DAO’s own work to define what it should be.
I’ve experienced the good and the bad of Arbitrum as a builder, delegate, daily user and tokenholder. I’m impatient for ARB to reflect the success and potential of everything built here and the exciting developments to follow.
There is the core of a plan, and it is mostly about alignment: getting the entities building Arbitrum pointed at the same priorities, in the markets where we have real differentiated strength, with the capital behind them. I want to make sure it will be shaped by the people it affects, so between now and bringing it to the DAO I will speak with as many delegates, builders and well wishers of Arbitrum as I can.
You can reach me at @coinflipcanada on Telegram and X, or coin@arbitrum-opco.com, and there is an open calendar here [LINK]. I would rather hear the hard version of your feedback early than the polite version late.