Arbitrum #GovMonth: Incentivized governance participation
The Arbitrum DAO is excited to launch Arbitrum #GovMonth! An exciting opportunity for all $ARB holders to express their views on hot topics all while earning more ARB. We believe that “sensemaking” is an important starting point and under-rated part of governance.
We’re thrilled to provide over 200k $ARB to participants in Arbitrum #GovMonth. This includes:
- (Up to) 100k $ARB rewards for participating in sensemaking
- DAO Native Vision Mission & Values
- Strategic Priorities for Grant Program Funding
- Hot Topics (Liquidity Incentives, Delegate Pay, Licensing, & Conflicts of Interest)
- +$100k allocated to builders using the Gitcoin Grants platform
- Using the output of the “Gitcoin Domain Round” we will distribute +100K ARB
- Funding will be allocated to each of the following domains:
- Education, community growth & events
- Developer tooling on Nova
- New protocol ideas
- Open category - for all other ideas
At the heart of our Arbitrum community are its members. Your opinions and ideas are crucial in guiding the DAO toward a future that aligns with your expectations. This is your chance to directly influence decisions that impact our collective journey.
Your direct input will help us to recommend a vision & mission statement, prioritize funding strategies, set boundaries for spending, and build pipelines of ideas and information. All of this will be used to create a best-in-class grants program and jumpstart a new era of governance participation in decentralized & autonomous organizing.
Follow us on @ArbitrumGrants to keep track of the latest news. Once kicked off, you will be directed to the full list of actions you can take which will reward you a portion of the 100k ARB being deployed using ThriveCoin event tracking & automated distribution. Each sensemaking tool has its own “meaningful contributions” where you can progressively earn more by participating more “arbSense” which is used to track the points.
We have carefully selected a suite of DAO-native tools to better understand how the DAO wants to spend its treasury. These include Jokerace.xyz, Snapshot.org, Ethelo.org, Thrivecoin.com, push.org and Gitcoin.
During the month, there will be four primary concentration areas:
- Building the Arbitrum DAO Vision, Mission & Values
- Defining the short and long term priorities for grant funding
- Building a pipeline of the best web3 builders
- Defining Arbitrum ecosystem stakeholders & communication paths
For more information on why these concentration areas are important - see the Plurality Labs proposal.
Arbitrum GovMonth is a celebration of our community’s diversity and collective vision and your involvement is pivotal. Join us for GovMonth on September 04 to 29 as we embark on this exciting journey of collaboration and growth.
Kick off is just around the corner, so mark your calendar, spread the word, and get ready to contribute to the future of our community!
Follow us on @ArbitrumGrants for the latest details
For inquiries and further details, contact email@example.com.